URGENT: James Marshall / Outlaw452

Socia
Fantasy
2207th
5/24/2018 12:26am
I know there have been threads here on James and the moto fans/industry have rallied to help him since his life-altering injury, but it seems his current situation warrants a new post. Now is the time for us to act. If anything, share the Facebook post he has publicized about the extreme lack of care he’s facing daily as a quadriplegic in a nursing home. I’ve spent years wondering how I could help this guy, a kind-hearted dude with a big smile that was a force to be reckoned with on a dirtbike. A professional moto/supercross racer. I know many have wondered the same. Maybe if this news reaches the right person/people, James will find a real home (or at least see improvements where he’s at.)

Link to Facebook post below. WARNING: the content contained is not easy to look at.

EDIT: His Facebook post has been removed.
|
Matt Wozney
5/24/2018 1:48am
One of the toughest guys I know. Can’t believe all the tough luck he’s been through after his accident just trying to live a somewhat normal life with his condition.
5/24/2018 2:18am
Dang that is some gnarly stuff. I read that someone on the Facebook has contacted a local news station so hopefully they can run a story and raise some awareness. Although I'd imagine this isn't just a unique problem to this nursing home.

I wish all the best to James and anyone else not getting the treatment and care they need. Couldn't even begin to imagine being in that situation.
gt80rider
5/24/2018 4:34am
This is a serious, yet far too common, problem in America, the richest, most sophisticated nation on the planet. But thankfully we have the world's largest military and the roads around my house get patched once every twenty years, regardless of whether they need it or not.

The Shop

5/24/2018 4:52am
I’m an occupational therapist in a SNF and this pisses me off. It’s become way too common to see situations like this, especially with long term care patients.
Kyle_McNab
5/24/2018 6:12am
Health care in America is a fucking joke
rongi#401
5/24/2018 7:27am
This makes me sick.
5/24/2018 11:15pm
Bump. Just watched a 13 minute video from May 23rd and it was heart wrenching. How that "facility" is still operating is beyond my comprehension. Poor guy, hopefully all the industry people who visit this board can help bring some light to this issue and maybe organize a benefit to help him out. I'll be the first to pitch in.
brocster
5/25/2018 7:47am
Its a fkn shame shame that greed supercedes humanity in all things US healthcare...
burn1986
Fantasy
3280th
5/25/2018 10:33am
gt80rider wrote:
This is a serious, yet far too common, problem in America, the richest, most sophisticated nation on the planet. But thankfully we have the world's largest...
This is a serious, yet far too common, problem in America, the richest, most sophisticated nation on the planet. But thankfully we have the world's largest military and the roads around my house get patched once every twenty years, regardless of whether they need it or not.
Maybe we could limit the responses to the OP subject rather than political plugs.
5/25/2018 12:16pm
gt80rider wrote:
This is a serious, yet far too common, problem in America, the richest, most sophisticated nation on the planet. But thankfully we have the world's largest...
burn1986 wrote:
Maybe we could limit the responses to the OP subject rather than political plugs.
I don't see it being off topic. I never go to the hospital or doctor unless needed. On average less than once a year. I would happily sign up for some sort of yearly fund that gives me 2 health checkups for free and if not used have that money go fund things like this topic.

Unfortunately, healthcare (insurance mainly) in this country is a business first and service second. It ain't right man and this country could easily do something to fix it but everybody starts clutching their civil liberties to their chest any time something is brought up. Heaven forbid we help another human being at home instead of stirring the pot all over the world and wasting money on needless shit like commemorative coins.
burn1986
Fantasy
3280th
5/25/2018 2:38pm Edited Date/Time 5/25/2018 2:47pm
Socia wrote:
I know there have been threads here on James and the moto fans/industry have rallied to help him since his life-altering injury, but it seems his...
I know there have been threads here on James and the moto fans/industry have rallied to help him since his life-altering injury, but it seems his current situation warrants a new post. Now is the time for us to act. If anything, share the Facebook post he has publicized about the extreme lack of care he’s facing daily as a quadriplegic in a nursing home. I’ve spent years wondering how I could help this guy, a kind-hearted dude with a big smile that was a force to be reckoned with on a dirtbike. A professional moto/supercross racer. I know many have wondered the same. Maybe if this news reaches the right person/people, James will find a real home (or at least see improvements where he’s at.)

Link to Facebook post below. WARNING: the content contained is not easy to look at.

EDIT: His Facebook post has been removed.
I disagree that a thread to bring attention and help for James Marshall, should be hijacked for a gripe about America’s healthcare problem. Yeah, there’s a problem, but this is not the platform for it.

We need to get back on track. Maybe you could look on James’s Facebook page and get specifics as well as ideas for help (https://m.facebook.com/jamesmarshallproject/). The link to donate is on outlaw452.com
50dippin
5/25/2018 5:06pm Edited Date/Time 5/25/2018 5:07pm
brocster wrote:
Its a fkn shame shame that greed supercedes humanity in all things US healthcare...
less greed and more like living in a fee society. You would have to use force to take from some to give to others, which we already do to some degree, and you can't force doctors/nurses to work for free, or they would be slaves.
Looks like James is in a terrible situation, saw one of his videos where he has spent two holiday seasons alone. I know nothing of the situation, and I don't know him, but I would hope that my family and friends would stick around for me if I ever get into that situation. I hope people as a community and family can come together to help him as they should, opposed to government intervention.
the government is the embodiment of greed and would only make things worse.
burn1986
Fantasy
3280th
5/25/2018 7:38pm
50dippin wrote:
less greed and more like living in a fee society. You would have to use force to take from some to give to others, which we...
less greed and more like living in a fee society. You would have to use force to take from some to give to others, which we already do to some degree, and you can't force doctors/nurses to work for free, or they would be slaves.
Looks like James is in a terrible situation, saw one of his videos where he has spent two holiday seasons alone. I know nothing of the situation, and I don't know him, but I would hope that my family and friends would stick around for me if I ever get into that situation. I hope people as a community and family can come together to help him as they should, opposed to government intervention.
X2
45ACP
5/29/2018 11:34am
I don't know him, but i remember many people in the Houston area used to do a lot for James. Does he not have any family or friends? That's sad that he is sitting in a nursing home all alone.
Socia
Fantasy
2207th
5/29/2018 12:48pm
45ACP wrote:
I don't know him, but i remember many people in the Houston area used to do a lot for James. Does he not have any family...
I don't know him, but i remember many people in the Houston area used to do a lot for James. Does he not have any family or friends? That's sad that he is sitting in a nursing home all alone.
From what I can tell, a large portion of James' friends and family have either bowed out or exhausted their support as the years passed on. The moto community has made contributions and done great things for the guy, but it seems he needs a permanent solution. Whether that be a lump sum (more than a fund raiser can provide), or simply finding a home where he is given the appropriate care, I do not know... and I wish there was more I could do.
Holigan
5/29/2018 1:06pm
When I click on the link to donate, PayPal states "This recipient is currently unable to receive money." Any other ideas how to help?
Micahdogg
5/29/2018 1:16pm
burn1986 wrote:
I disagree that a thread to bring attention and help for James Marshall, should be hijacked for a gripe about America’s healthcare problem. Yeah, there’s a...
I disagree that a thread to bring attention and help for James Marshall, should be hijacked for a gripe about America’s healthcare problem. Yeah, there’s a problem, but this is not the platform for it.

We need to get back on track. Maybe you could look on James’s Facebook page and get specifics as well as ideas for help (https://m.facebook.com/jamesmarshallproject/). The link to donate is on outlaw452.com
If not now, when.

First. I think about James every so often and I hate hearing this. There was something about that race that stuck in my mind and whenever I hear about an injury, I wonder how he is doing. This just makes me sick.

This topic is a great example of how a tax collecting govt can use those resources to make life much better or ALL its citizens. Or we can just sluff it off as a tough break, life ain't fair.
Micahdogg
5/29/2018 1:20pm
brocster wrote:
50dippin wrote:
less greed and more like living in a fee society. You would have to use force to take from some to give to others, which we...
Greed is a basic human instinct and arguably one of the most vital components of Capitalism. Good luck fixing the foundation of America and all of humanity. I would rather see good govt.
50dippin
5/29/2018 6:33pm
brocster wrote:
50dippin wrote:
Micahdogg wrote:
Greed is a basic human instinct and arguably one of the most vital components of Capitalism. Good luck fixing the foundation of America and all of...
Greed is a basic human instinct and arguably one of the most vital components of Capitalism. Good luck fixing the foundation of America and all of humanity. I would rather see good govt.
Good government doesn't exist. Its job is to keep the country safe and abide by the constitution. Not to run our lives, and let's be honest, Motocross is an optional and very dangerous activity, why punish the rest of society by forcing them to pay for an injury that was completely preventable. Help needs to be done on a voluntary and community basis.

Show me one successful government program other than the military...
brocster
5/29/2018 7:20pm
50dippin wrote:
Micahdogg wrote:
Greed is a basic human instinct and arguably one of the most vital components of Capitalism. Good luck fixing the foundation of America and all of...
50dippin wrote:
Good government doesn't exist. Its job is to keep the country safe and abide by the constitution. Not to run our lives, and let's be honest...
Good government doesn't exist. Its job is to keep the country safe and abide by the constitution. Not to run our lives, and let's be honest, Motocross is an optional and very dangerous activity, why punish the rest of society by forcing them to pay for an injury that was completely preventable. Help needs to be done on a voluntary and community basis.

Successful for who? Public housing and wellfare seem to be a pretty good way of life where I am from. Generations have survived off of it. Money could definately be cut there for people that can help themselves unlike James and even worse wounded warriors...so there’s that, the military isn’t even successful.
50dippin
5/29/2018 10:39pm
Micahdogg wrote:
50dippin wrote:
Good government doesn't exist. Its job is to keep the country safe and abide by the constitution. Not to run our lives, and let's be honest...

brocster wrote:
Successful for who? Public housing and wellfare seem to be a pretty good way of life where I am from. Generations have survived off of it...
Successful for who? Public housing and wellfare seem to be a pretty good way of life where I am from. Generations have survived off of it. Money could definately be cut there for people that can help themselves unlike James and even worse wounded warriors...so there’s that, the military isn’t even successful.
You just made my point, the fact that people are abusing welfare is a huge failure and waste of money. Btw the military is pretty good at blowing stuff up.
APLMAN99
5/30/2018 5:42am
50dippin wrote:

Our local public utility districts are very successful.

I'm wondering why you'd believe that the military is truly "successful". With spending levels equal to the next 10-15 nations combined, all we hear is how outdated and underfunded it is. How can that be considered successful? Sounds like monumental mismanagement at best.
Micahdogg
5/30/2018 6:58am Edited Date/Time 5/30/2018 6:59am
50dippin wrote:

Charging one extra dollar on an vehicle insurance premium ($450 annual premium becomes $451) and using those funds to support regional police task forces to reduce auto thefts and to prosecute those who are caught. Almost nobody even knows that one exists.

There are hundreds of thousands more. You have to first believe that govt exists for the benefit of its citizenry and give up the rhetoric that it really exists to tax and destroy.
shiftmx_22
Fantasy
850th
5/30/2018 7:06am
50dippin wrote:

Anyone else read that first line in Ron Swanson's voice?

Carry on...

Post a reply to: URGENT: James Marshall / Outlaw452

The Latest