UPS losing Starling’s suspension

Brent809
Edited Date/Time 1/2/2022 5:24am
Apparently UPS lost his suspension right before A1

https://www.vurbmoto.com/troy-dogs-shack-lost-suspension-justin-starlin…
|
rucka356
12/30/2021 4:24pm
Shipping something that expensive, can't believe they didn't insure it....
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
12/30/2021 6:17pm
rucka356 wrote:
Cool that they are offering some prizes for people that donate but yeah no way I’m shopping a $7k item without insurance…
Nairb#70
12/30/2021 6:23pm
Lost it huh? Kinda hard to lose a case that big, that weighs that much.Unsure
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
12/30/2021 6:26pm
Who said its not insured ? even if its insured they are not going to pay anytime soon so unless it magically appears he wont have it for A1.

The Shop

12/30/2021 6:31pm
rucka356 wrote:
How do you know it wasn’t insured? Even if it was, I would be surprised if the insurance paid out before A1. Also keep in mind that not only does he need to replace the components, they also need to be set up to his specifications and the cost and time to do that needs to be considered.
crowe660
Fantasy
4066th
12/30/2021 6:34pm
If I donate, can I have the suspension if it’s found?
Josh422
12/30/2021 6:35pm
There's likely somewhere around a 90 day waiting period to see if they can find it before they even start the payout process... Happened to me not that long ago with USPS, smaller dollar amount.
12/30/2021 6:46pm
Brent809 wrote:

I was going to ship my suspension in a gun case and ups told me that if for any reason the barcode becomes messed up, that for gun cases instead of printing a new one they destroy they case and whatever is in it for fear it’s a gun. So it’s possible the barcode got messed up and they just destroyed it.
kb228
12/30/2021 7:38pm
Sucks to hear he lost his stuff. My company ships similar valued products and it happens. Usually they find it on another truck or a different facility at some point. If it was delivered, they can find out where and go get it. Just isnt a fast process and getting ahold of a real person to help is a PITA.
troydogvurb
12/30/2021 8:42pm
Thank you for sharing and thanks to those of you who have helped out!
Zachintosh
12/30/2021 8:44pm Edited Date/Time 12/30/2021 8:44pm
Anyone who’s actually had a package lost by UPS or FedEx (much worse), it can sometimes take up to six months to get your money back.
alien
12/30/2021 10:05pm
Back in 2009 or so I bought some A kit suspension at a Delta lost baggage sale. It came in a nice custom gun case with cutout foam for the shock and forks. When I went to the desk to pay for it I noticed the passenger was Nathen Ramsey traveling from ATL to LAX. The sticky barcode label was still on the case with Nates name on it. I asked why they didn't contact him to return the lost baggage and was told " oh he has been paid 3500.00 if it was not insured". I told them this was like losing a PGA golfers clubs just before the Augusta national.
CraigCrashes
Fantasy
1665th
12/30/2021 10:20pm
alien wrote:
Back in 2009 or so I bought some A kit suspension at a Delta lost baggage sale. It came in a nice custom gun case with...
Back in 2009 or so I bought some A kit suspension at a Delta lost baggage sale. It came in a nice custom gun case with cutout foam for the shock and forks. When I went to the desk to pay for it I noticed the passenger was Nathen Ramsey traveling from ATL to LAX. The sticky barcode label was still on the case with Nates name on it. I asked why they didn't contact him to return the lost baggage and was told " oh he has been paid 3500.00 if it was not insured". I told them this was like losing a PGA golfers clubs just before the Augusta national.
So did you contact Ramsey and try to return it?
Spudnut
12/30/2021 10:57pm
alien wrote:
Back in 2009 or so I bought some A kit suspension at a Delta lost baggage sale. It came in a nice custom gun case with...
Sheesh how does one stumble on a deal that sweet
chuckie108
12/30/2021 11:40pm
Hopefully Starling gets sorted.

I was working at RG3 in 2000 and UPS lost a set of forks we sent to TP. We had insured it for the max amount possible which at that time was $5G. Basically half of the value of these particular forks. I called UPS every day trying to get it located. They were completely unhelpful. I told them I wanted to make a claim on the insurance. They said it had to be 14 days(I think that was the time frame)beyond the guarantee to file the claim. At 14 days I called back and started the insurance process. The person on the line couldn’t of given 2 shits, right up until I told her it was insured for the max of 5G’s. After she verified that, her demeanor completely changed. Later that day, I got a call back from a UPS employee asking for a detailed description of the box, and the contents. Apparently they have a massive warehouse all the lost boxes go too, and they were going to manually locate our package. The next morning, the lost forks were sitting on our doorstep at 8am. We were relieved to get these irreplaceable parts back. Scary to think that a set of works forks could just be rotting away in the UPS damaged label abyss. Bottom line, money talks, and don’t ship anything uninsured you’re not willing to lose.
Leeham
Fantasy
3088th
12/31/2021 2:40am
All warehouses/shipping depots have a Jackpot. All lost/misships/damages go there to get sorted. Depending on the facility, may never see it again.
STLSharky
12/31/2021 4:12am
lostboy819 wrote:
Who said its not insured ? even if its insured they are not going to pay anytime soon so unless it magically appears he wont have...
Who said its not insured ? even if its insured they are not going to pay anytime soon so unless it magically appears he wont have it for A1.
Fucking idiots. I guess guys here do
Have pistons for brains of course they insured it it’s a time thing and by the way don’t you know there’s parts situations out there and shipping situation’s out there that are horrible right now
JBecker 72
12/31/2021 6:11am Edited Date/Time 12/31/2021 6:19am
Brent809 wrote:

I was going to ship my suspension in a gun case and ups told me that if for any reason the barcode becomes messed up, that...
I was going to ship my suspension in a gun case and ups told me that if for any reason the barcode becomes messed up, that for gun cases instead of printing a new one they destroy they case and whatever is in it for fear it’s a gun. So it’s possible the barcode got messed up and they just destroyed it.
Sure, lol. UPS employees get caught stealing guns all the time. Shipping anything in a rifle sized pelican case without a cardboard box over it is really dicey. And it isn’t because they are scared a gun is in there. It’s because everyone know there’s something expensive in there.

Really sucks for Justin. Hope they can get it sorted before A1.
resetjet
12/31/2021 6:22am
Always put address and phone number inside the box.
12/31/2021 7:51am
Brent809 wrote:

I was going to ship my suspension in a gun case and ups told me that if for any reason the barcode becomes messed up, that...
JBecker 72 wrote:
Sure, lol. UPS employees get caught stealing guns all the time. Shipping anything in a rifle sized pelican case without a cardboard box over it is...
Sure, lol. UPS employees get caught stealing guns all the time. Shipping anything in a rifle sized pelican case without a cardboard box over it is really dicey. And it isn’t because they are scared a gun is in there. It’s because everyone know there’s something expensive in there.

Really sucks for Justin. Hope they can get it sorted before A1.
Just telling you what they told me.
NHtoWA421
12/31/2021 8:46am
chuckie108 wrote:
Hopefully Starling gets sorted. I was working at RG3 in 2000 and UPS lost a set of forks we sent to TP. We had insured it...
Hopefully Starling gets sorted.

I was working at RG3 in 2000 and UPS lost a set of forks we sent to TP. We had insured it for the max amount possible which at that time was $5G. Basically half of the value of these particular forks. I called UPS every day trying to get it located. They were completely unhelpful. I told them I wanted to make a claim on the insurance. They said it had to be 14 days(I think that was the time frame)beyond the guarantee to file the claim. At 14 days I called back and started the insurance process. The person on the line couldn’t of given 2 shits, right up until I told her it was insured for the max of 5G’s. After she verified that, her demeanor completely changed. Later that day, I got a call back from a UPS employee asking for a detailed description of the box, and the contents. Apparently they have a massive warehouse all the lost boxes go too, and they were going to manually locate our package. The next morning, the lost forks were sitting on our doorstep at 8am. We were relieved to get these irreplaceable parts back. Scary to think that a set of works forks could just be rotting away in the UPS damaged label abyss. Bottom line, money talks, and don’t ship anything uninsured you’re not willing to lose.
I have a very similar story with a pair of one off mtb frames I had built…. Funny how money works.
Jstarling81
12/31/2021 9:50am Edited Date/Time 12/31/2021 9:53am
Hey guys!

To help with the situation, yes the suspension was insured. I do not ship 7k suspension without insuring it!

As of now, we have opened an investigation (claim) on the shipment but that alone could take weeks / months until they finally declare it completely missing.. and then another 90-120 days to hopefully be compensated. From my understanding, my label was found, but on a different box in Miami when last scan of my label was in Jacksonville.

I did not have buying a set of suspension part of my budget for 2022 and it’s simply not there, that’s the reason we have reached out for some help!!

Of course, we are doing what we can to give back to people that help and I plan to do even more if I can!

If you can help, thank you so much, if you can share this to someone who possibly could, thank you so much!

It’s a shitty situation, and I’m doing my best to try to resolve the issue I have been dealt with. I am sorry if reaching for some help has rubbed people the wrong way, I’m just in need of some help and you never know until you ask.

Thank you guys.
Jstarling81
12/31/2021 9:51am
Also, it was in a case that looks like a gun case, but it was a case built for suspension only. My complete linkage was in the box as well!

Just to have that noted as well!
Rjk31
12/31/2021 10:31am
Why is no one putting a little GPS tracker in everything you ship worth any money? They are very accurate, inexpensive and at least you have an idea of where it is when you contact the shipping company ...
Jstarling81
12/31/2021 10:36am
Rjk31 wrote:
Why is no one putting a little GPS tracker in everything you ship worth any money? They are very accurate, inexpensive and at least you have...
Why is no one putting a little GPS tracker in everything you ship worth any money? They are very accurate, inexpensive and at least you have an idea of where it is when you contact the shipping company ...
This was brought up to us after all this happened, and we will be doing that from now on
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
12/31/2021 5:29pm
Rjk31 wrote:
Why is no one putting a little GPS tracker in everything you ship worth any money? They are very accurate, inexpensive and at least you have...
This was brought up to us after all this happened, and we will be doing that from now on
Odds are good this will not help. Even if you know exactly where it is, there's no telling what UPS will do with that information. My wife had a problem with FedEx for that very reason; they had lost a package which was later scanned in Bloomington, CA. We asked if we could simply go get it there, and they said, "no, we have to deliver it to you." (They left it in Bloomington for nearly three weeks before finally moving it. It was supposed to be a 3-day package.)

Best of luck with your suspension and good luck at A1 if you race, Justin. I'll be rooting for you!
ge217
12/31/2021 7:31pm
I sued ups a few years back for “throwing away” (or discarding as they called it) , my CTI’s away while going back to CTI to get refurbished.
kb228
12/31/2021 7:46pm
Rjk31 wrote:
Its a good idea but a lot of boxes get completely thrashed and dumped out and repacked and good luck getting everything back in the box. When mishaps happen in shipping its always a total cluster.
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1177th
12/31/2021 9:17pm
Where does the tracking show it made it to? Which UPS hub?

Post a reply to: UPS losing Starling’s suspension

The Latest