UK practice tracks

Cliffy615
Fantasy
2903rd
I'm looking to get some rough figures of the amount of riders per week at premier UK practice tracks, for some research that I am doing,

My gut feel would be 50 riders per day, 3 times a week (wed, sat, sun) for 30 weeks of the year?
Anyone have any accurate stats or a better idea?

Thanks
|
2/3/2019 11:43am
I would say the premier uk practice tracks get a lot more than that, especially weekends.

The likes of Fatcat, apex etc would probably be more like 120-160 a day on a weekend (especially this time of year with less tracks open), maybe 50 mid week. Also more than likely 50+ weeks a year, never really closed. (Fatcat anyway)
2/4/2019 1:07am
I would say the premier uk practice tracks get a lot more than that, especially weekends. The likes of Fatcat, apex etc would probably be more...
I would say the premier uk practice tracks get a lot more than that, especially weekends.

The likes of Fatcat, apex etc would probably be more like 120-160 a day on a weekend (especially this time of year with less tracks open), maybe 50 mid week. Also more than likely 50+ weeks a year, never really closed. (Fatcat anyway)
Yes agree with that, the winter months nov to feb maybe down a little.
Preston docks i would say 30 40 weeks a year open.
They also do private hires. The cost is high in UK i think to other countries £30.00 a day.

RussB
Fantasy
1164th
2/4/2019 2:36am
Over the winter months I've seen places like Apex and Fatcats become full to the point they have to turn people away. Apex posted they were full this Sunday gone. With so few of the available tracks being ride able this time of year, the ones that do ride well (apex, fatcats, DMP, Preston etc) get super busy!

However, go to Apex on a Sunday mid season and you can get anywhere from 50-150 riders. I think it really depends on what's on and what the weather is doing.

Therefore getting a figure that represents the entire year is going to be challenging as it varies massively.
If I were to guess, and from what I've experienced, I'd say most tracks get around 40/50 riders on a week day and 100-120 riders on a Saturday/Sunday, on average, over the year.
chuckdavies
2/4/2019 2:44am
Apex was jammed full capacity and turning riders away yesterday...i'd estimate 200 ish riders?

The Shop

2/4/2019 3:20am
chippenham / wildtrax is usually full of weekend warriors, probably 160 riders
2/4/2019 3:36am Edited Date/Time 2/4/2019 3:39am
Cliffy615 wrote:
I'm looking to get some rough figures of the amount of riders per week at premier UK practice tracks, for some research that I am doing...
I'm looking to get some rough figures of the amount of riders per week at premier UK practice tracks, for some research that I am doing,

My gut feel would be 50 riders per day, 3 times a week (wed, sat, sun) for 30 weeks of the year?
Anyone have any accurate stats or a better idea?

Thanks
NO CHANCE

popular tracks are 100-150 a day easy, pick a Sunday -apex turns people away by 10am quite often

i can travel to a weekday event at apex and see 40-50, the place feels dead but it's great

fatcats easy 150 on weekend, more likely more but also on weekdays it is busy - that is a premier track

the docks is busy all year round

oxford farm - not premiere i suppose but still it gets a lot more than 50 heads

peacocks hay isn't even premiere and when that opens on a weekend there will be 5 groups of 25-30

i would probably contact the tracks myself if i wanted good and useable data
Sidecar
2/4/2019 8:42am
I went to VIP at Crick between Christmas and new year, they were open all week that week and speaking to a lad in the que to sign in he had been 4 days in a row... there must have been 200+ bikes each day... there are a lot of practice tracks around here too, VIP, moto45, Weedon, Daventry, Apex, Dodford opening again this summer, plus 2-3 more I’m not sure of the name of as I don’t go to them... all within 45 mins to an hour all could be packed on any given day...
OtotheB178
2/4/2019 9:13am
Your best bet is to contact a track and ask them to provide attendance figures. If you've got a kids track, 65-85 main track, junior, senior, vets group as an average grouping scale. and say 15-20 kids and around 30-50 (say 40 to meet in the middle) in each of the main track groups. You'll be looking at 175-200. I'd say that is probably low. so that would tell me that it's going to be higher than those approximates.....

whats the info for?
Gandorlf
2/4/2019 9:31am Edited Date/Time 2/4/2019 9:32am
Preston Docks is usually pretty busy. I'd say anywhere between 100-120 on a normal day. I went once where it was so busy there where 5 adult sessions, I rode 2 sessions all day.

Leisure Lakes is a pretty popular one, as is DMP, Fatcat, Apex etc.

Some less busy but awesome tracks are Winstanleys, Boreton Farm, and Peacocks Hey.

There's a new track on Anglesey called Trac Mon MX (located on same site as Anglesey Grand Prix circuit) and 3 weeks ago they had their biggest sign on with 71 riders, the track has been open less than a year.

Post a reply to: UK practice tracks

The Latest