UFO riding gear?

Gandorlf
Edited Date/Time 5/13/2018 9:50pm
Anyone used it? I remember I loved their gear from early 2000's, want some new gear but I've tried Fox, Astars, Thor and want something a little different.The designs are cool just wondering about fit, comfort etc
|
ama530
5/12/2018 8:11am
UFO gear is made really well. I have one their Ranger enduro jackets. Love it. Looks awesome and wears like iron. Size is a little on the smaller side. I would go with one size larger on gear. Contact Dave at Tuf Racing. He is the importer for UFO. He was really good to deal with and he will help you out.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/12/2018 8:30am
Not sure what the specs are but they make a pretty cool looking helmet. I believe it retails around $400-$450. It has a built-in extendable visor as well.

Gandorlf
5/12/2018 8:53am
ama530 wrote:
UFO gear is made really well. I have one their Ranger enduro jackets. Love it. Looks awesome and wears like iron. Size is a little on...
UFO gear is made really well. I have one their Ranger enduro jackets. Love it. Looks awesome and wears like iron. Size is a little on the smaller side. I would go with one size larger on gear. Contact Dave at Tuf Racing. He is the importer for UFO. He was really good to deal with and he will help you out.
Thanks man Smile

The Shop

Gandorlf
5/12/2018 8:54am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Not sure what the specs are but they make a pretty cool looking helmet. I believe it retails around $400-$450. It has a built-in extendable visor...
Not sure what the specs are but they make a pretty cool looking helmet. I believe it retails around $400-$450. It has a built-in extendable visor as well.

Damn I'm not in the market for new helmet ATM, my BELL has lots of life left but man that helmet is cool looking
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
5/12/2018 9:12am
Looked it up and the helmet is designed, engineered and made in Italy.

Has some cool features.

DCS - Diamond Concept Shell
The outer Diamond shell and its original "diamond" design, studied to optimise shell design to maximise shock absorption and dissipation, has been built using the latest technology and is made up of a high percentage of Carbon (over 60%) and Aramid fibre to maximise performance and minimise weight.

RIAS - Rotation Impact Absorbing System is the revolutionary Diamond helmet technology: In addition to dissipating compression-absorbing shocks like traditional helmets (linear impact), the helmet structure combines innovative technology that dissipates the energy associated with rotational acceleration (rotational impact), reducing tension and providing additional protection for some types of impact. This is all possible thanks to the combined work of the different layers of material used: The main inner shell in high density EPS is characterised by a very compact, rigid outer surface (in contact with the outer shell). The inner surface has large grooves that offer a dual function: they provide greater airflow and differentiate impact force dissipation, effectively as if the main layer had two different densities. Inner oscillating shell, consisting of low density polypropylene foam (PPE) to provide gradual absorption, was designed to rotate inside the helmet, working in conjunction with the Main inner shell. This system enables multi-directional sliding that also dissipates the energy associated with rotational acceleration, so as to improve protection in case of rotational impact.

LEAS - Limited Extension Anti Shock
The Diamond Helmet is also equipped with foam protections. One of these is located at the bottom of the chin-rest, and the other at the back at the base of the neck. This advanced protection system represents an important advance in the containment of the front and back neck flexion and in impact dissipation in the event of a fall. This system can work in conjunction with modern neck braces.

SVS - Sliding Visor System
UFO PLAST has also designed an exclusive visor adjustment system, incorporating a sliding flap in the middle that adjusts the length of the visor even when moving.

Pics of the RIAS System

mxrudi
5/12/2018 9:18am
UFO pants are really durable with kevlar on the knees. It lasts a lot longer than leather.
Gandorlf
5/13/2018 6:04pm
mxrudi wrote:
UFO pants are really durable with kevlar on the knees. It lasts a lot longer than leather.
Thanks for the info, I'm tempted to pull the trigger and buy a set. You don't see many rocking UFO here in the UK so would be something a little different!
Gandorlf
5/13/2018 6:05pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Looked it up and the helmet is designed, engineered and made in Italy. Has some cool features. [b]DCS - Diamond Concept Shell[/b] The outer Diamond shell...
Looked it up and the helmet is designed, engineered and made in Italy.

Has some cool features.

DCS - Diamond Concept Shell
The outer Diamond shell and its original "diamond" design, studied to optimise shell design to maximise shock absorption and dissipation, has been built using the latest technology and is made up of a high percentage of Carbon (over 60%) and Aramid fibre to maximise performance and minimise weight.

RIAS - Rotation Impact Absorbing System is the revolutionary Diamond helmet technology: In addition to dissipating compression-absorbing shocks like traditional helmets (linear impact), the helmet structure combines innovative technology that dissipates the energy associated with rotational acceleration (rotational impact), reducing tension and providing additional protection for some types of impact. This is all possible thanks to the combined work of the different layers of material used: The main inner shell in high density EPS is characterised by a very compact, rigid outer surface (in contact with the outer shell). The inner surface has large grooves that offer a dual function: they provide greater airflow and differentiate impact force dissipation, effectively as if the main layer had two different densities. Inner oscillating shell, consisting of low density polypropylene foam (PPE) to provide gradual absorption, was designed to rotate inside the helmet, working in conjunction with the Main inner shell. This system enables multi-directional sliding that also dissipates the energy associated with rotational acceleration, so as to improve protection in case of rotational impact.

LEAS - Limited Extension Anti Shock
The Diamond Helmet is also equipped with foam protections. One of these is located at the bottom of the chin-rest, and the other at the back at the base of the neck. This advanced protection system represents an important advance in the containment of the front and back neck flexion and in impact dissipation in the event of a fall. This system can work in conjunction with modern neck braces.

SVS - Sliding Visor System
UFO PLAST has also designed an exclusive visor adjustment system, incorporating a sliding flap in the middle that adjusts the length of the visor even when moving.

Pics of the RIAS System

I looked up the helmet too after Mavericks reply, that seems a really good helmet for the price, going to check out some of their other products!
brimx153
5/13/2018 9:50pm
It's my go to gear. It's the most durable gear I 've ever had . Fits me better than others as well. I always like the look of it too. Only down side to ufo is the price .it is expensive

Post a reply to: UFO riding gear?

The Latest