Types of off the bike training

Related:
Create New Tag

11/20/2019 12:31 AM

Apart from the usual Cardio training such as cycling running rowing etc aswell as the strength training to target specific muscles. Core, legs etc. Do you guys have any other types of training which isn’t strength or cardio? Stuff like balance and stuff like that. Cheers guys

|

11/20/2019 4:47 AM

Hockey I play Hockey and I think it helps my riding immensely, balance, explosive bursts, HR up and down.

|

11/20/2019 4:48 AM

This helps with rhythm while also strengthening your core and glutes. Requires a workout partner.

Photo

|

11/20/2019 4:51 AM

I find mountain biking to help

|

11/20/2019 5:07 AM

Mountain biking, mountain bike exercises (track stands, trials type exercises) I also cross train on a Beta 300 trials bike. You would be amazed how terrible your bike skills really are when you first start on a trials bike. I also try to do a lot of exercises on a bosu ball or indo board.

|

11/20/2019 8:12 AM

How confident are you in your manhood? I trained religiously in the gym in 2017 and came into the 2018 season fit AF. Unfortunately my results at the beginning of the year were terrible. I was strong and has excellent cardio, but I wasn't fluid and felt quite rigid. I switched into Yoga to get back alot of the flexibility and my results improved significantly as the year went on...Yoga was mentally tough to get over the 'stigma' attached to it, but over time it became like anything else. I
think Yoga is an extremely under utilized training tool...

|

11/20/2019 8:15 AM

Swimming, and jump rope. You'll be really surprised how much either of these take out of you. I can't do much since tearing my knee lately but, try the jump rope in between sets of bench presses. It'll keep your heart rate up while giving your muscles a little time to recover. I've even done thirty minutes on the treadmill with 8-10 pound dumbbells while doing hammer curls, and Arnold presses on cardio days.

|

11/20/2019 9:39 AM

Monk wrote:

How confident are you in your manhood? I trained religiously in the gym in 2017 and came into the 2018 season fit AF. Unfortunately my results at the beginning of the year were terrible. I was strong and has excellent cardio, but I wasn't fluid and felt quite rigid. I switched into Yoga to get back alot of the flexibility and my results improved significantly as the year went on...Yoga was mentally tough to get over the 'stigma' attached to it, but over time it became like anything else. I

Yoga practice and manhood have absolutely no relationship to each other

If anything, you'll want to position yourself in the back of the room, same as spin classes

|

11/20/2019 9:46 AM

Almost more fun than riding...
Photo

|

11/20/2019 9:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/20/2019 9:56 AM

During the off season (Dec-March here) I do HIIT sessions 3-4x a week, 45 min each, at a local gym. HIIT mixes cardio with weights (body weights and assorted bags,balls, etc) and you really don't stop during the entire workout. With the various full-body moves used, there's a LOT of balance involved - it was the hardest thing for me to get used to. I looked like a clown at times I'm sure when I started. smile

I run a heart rate of 150-165 for most of the 45 minutes, maxing at 175 or so. I'm pushing hard the entire time. It's also low-impact so easy on the knees.

I thought I was in shape from years of weight/rower training. Well, I was in shape, but not like I am now. I can got out now and do 20 min motos at my normal 80% pace (at 56 YO I don't go past 80% anymore) and I'm not tired at all until session 3 on the day. My recovery after ride days is quicker too.

During moto season I just do my concept 2 rower sessions, some light weights and lots of stretching to maintain.

I also found that I like the camaraderie of the gym - no one is judging anyone. We are all suffering together. It's motivational, something I don't get working out alone at home.

Hammer

|

11/20/2019 10:09 AM

Your best training apart from gym/cardio?
Eating! Eat decent stuff and drink.
I’m 55kg x 170cm and drink 3L of water a day.
Your diet can seriously make the difference.

|

11/20/2019 10:28 AM

Photo
|

11/20/2019 10:30 AM

Pocket Pool tends to help with armpump

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

11/20/2019 10:42 AM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Can mini pool sticks still be helpful? I have nothing close to regulation size available.

|

11/20/2019 11:11 AM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

motox11 wrote:

Can mini pool sticks still be helpful? I have nothing close to regulation size available.

That will still work. You just need to double your efforts to get the same workout.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

11/20/2019 11:21 AM

Monk wrote:

zehn wrote:

Yoga practice and manhood have absolutely no relationship to each other

If anything, you'll want to position yourself in the back of the room, same as spin classes

This. Just be careful you don't look too closely, or you may be drilling holes in the floor before you know it.

Yoga rules. I had a (hot, female) friend introduce me to it. The workout kicks your ass, and the view isn't too bad either.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

11/20/2019 12:22 PM

Monk wrote:

whoever hates on yoga is flat out crazy. have you seen the m/f ratio? the outfits? +the actual workout is an ass kicker

|