Type 2 diabetes cure?

tempura
9/21/2018 8:30pm
lumpy790 wrote:
With the keto diet fruits & carrots are bad. And I love fresh fruits
Yeah that makes sense with what you're trying to do. I was just saying in general. Natural sugar in fruit can be digested fine because there...
Yeah that makes sense with what you're trying to do. I was just saying in general. Natural sugar in fruit can be digested fine because there is fiber. Soda doesn't have any fiber.

Keep at it. Your whole life will change, it's strange that most doctors don't offer real dietary advice for t2 diabetes. But they pretty much legally are obligated to put people on meds when they are diabetic and then it's a vicious cycle from there.
It’s not strange at all, big pharma’s profits come before our health and welfare.
My wife works in the pharmaceutical industry (pharmacist). It’s unbelievable the amount of people getting sick from meds that are supposed to make you better.
Adam43
9/21/2018 9:12pm
I am T1D. Keto or low/slow carb needs to be the basis of every diabetics meal plan. It takes discipline but you will feel great, the benefits over time are immeasurable.
jaguar57
9/22/2018 1:28am
Rooibos green tea works excellently at regulating blood sugar
rowle1jt
9/22/2018 4:48am
I'm T2, and was diagnosed Dec17 at 10.7. 4 months later, diet and exercise, being smart about what I ate and losing 30 lbs, I was 4.9. I am on Metformin, but the very low dose of insulin I was on was stopped a long time ago. If I can maintain this Doc is willing to roll back on Metformin if blood sugars stay the same.

The doctor you work with and your willingness to commit to changes are the biggest differences you can make. You can do it, you can also choose not to eat complete garbage.

If you won't commit to changes, you will get drugs, drugs, drugs! If your doctor sucks you will get drugs. Get a new doctor and commit. Smile

The Shop

rbm33
Fantasy
1947th
9/22/2018 8:12am
Look up the group Ketogains on facebook. there are many many people on there with diabetes that would be glad to share their stories with you.
And yes, Magic pill is on Netflix and is a much watch.
APLMAN99
9/22/2018 8:47am
rowle1jt wrote:
I'm T2, and was diagnosed Dec17 at 10.7. 4 months later, diet and exercise, being smart about what I ate and losing 30 lbs, I was...
I'm T2, and was diagnosed Dec17 at 10.7. 4 months later, diet and exercise, being smart about what I ate and losing 30 lbs, I was 4.9. I am on Metformin, but the very low dose of insulin I was on was stopped a long time ago. If I can maintain this Doc is willing to roll back on Metformin if blood sugars stay the same.

The doctor you work with and your willingness to commit to changes are the biggest differences you can make. You can do it, you can also choose not to eat complete garbage.

If you won't commit to changes, you will get drugs, drugs, drugs! If your doctor sucks you will get drugs. Get a new doctor and commit. Smile
That’s an incredible reversal if you are talking A1c levels. Basically your changes resulted in a “correct” glucose level after only a month of changing your routine! That’s a fantastic plan, and congrats on your self discipline.

On a more general side note, I’m amazed at how varied T2 diabetics can be. My brother is T2, but somehow I won the family genetic lottery and have escaped it (so far). Been a big guy all my adult life, and after I turned 40 my doctor does an A1c test every time I go in to see if the odds have caught up with me. My highest ever A1c test was a 4.2, but it’s very consistent at 4.0-4.1 for the last 10 years. I do test my glucose now and then just out of curiosity because I have access to test strips and a glucometer (my wife is Type 1) and I have tested in the mid 90s a few times after eating, but that declines pretty quickly too.
rowle1jt
9/22/2018 11:43am
APLMAN99 wrote:
That’s an incredible reversal if you are talking A1c levels. Basically your changes resulted in a “correct” glucose level after only a month of changing your...
That’s an incredible reversal if you are talking A1c levels. Basically your changes resulted in a “correct” glucose level after only a month of changing your routine! That’s a fantastic plan, and congrats on your self discipline.

On a more general side note, I’m amazed at how varied T2 diabetics can be. My brother is T2, but somehow I won the family genetic lottery and have escaped it (so far). Been a big guy all my adult life, and after I turned 40 my doctor does an A1c test every time I go in to see if the odds have caught up with me. My highest ever A1c test was a 4.2, but it’s very consistent at 4.0-4.1 for the last 10 years. I do test my glucose now and then just out of curiosity because I have access to test strips and a glucometer (my wife is Type 1) and I have tested in the mid 90s a few times after eating, but that declines pretty quickly too.
Should have been clearer... that was 3 months for the change. I busted my ass, but I have little kids and want to be healthy for a long time!

I fear in the last three months I've crept up a point or two so I need to stay after it.

Also...only 14 days to Redbuuuuuuuuud!!!!

Post a reply to: Type 2 diabetes cure?

The Latest