Tyler Evans update

Motox627!
Edited Date/Time 1/1/2019 5:25am
From Racer X..... Not the drug overdose everyone suspected..

On September 15, 2018, a female victim walked into the front lobby of Rampart Area (police) station and advised the officers that the suspect, later identified as Tyler Evans, was now outside of the Rampart Station armed with a firearm. The victim further advised the officers that on September 14, 2018, she filed a Domestic Violence report naming Evans as the suspect.

Rampart uniformed officers along with a Rampart supervisor responded to the front of the station, contacted Evans and attempted to apprehend him. Evans refused to comply with the officers' directions, resulting in the deployment of a 40mm less lethal munition. Evans then reached into his pant pocket, retrieved a handgun and suffered a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.

http://www.lapdonline.org/rampart_news/news_view/64476
|
Skeet dad
9/20/2018 9:27am
Damn son, Rampart division is some seriously shitty ghetto!!!
Moto96
9/20/2018 10:00am
Skeet dad wrote:
Damn son, Rampart division is some seriously shitty ghetto!!!
Dont know the area but, damn, Over some pussy. Was this the mother of his kid or just some crazy broad he was banging?

"Rampart" sounds like a Hood queens style ghetto cop shop. I though he was from Nor Cal or was living down in Corona moto area?

Camp332
9/20/2018 10:06am
God bless him, his family, and friends.

The Shop

NorCal 50+
9/20/2018 10:11am
Man, what a horrible, horrible ending to the Tyler Evans story. It's about the worst you could imagine, except for the fact that he didn't hurt anybody else. It just sucks.
coastie44
9/20/2018 10:26am
That’s really sad to hear and a terrible end to his career and legacy as a motocrosser.
9/20/2018 10:37am
Sorry to go off topic slightly.. I am from U.K. so excuse my ignorance but o remember something like a “rampart scandal” is this the same area/ thing
9/20/2018 10:40am
Camp332 wrote:
The guy shoots himself because he's gonna be charged with domestic violence, and we're supposed to lay blessings on him?
Xeno
9/20/2018 10:49am
The Los Angeles Police Department’s (LAPD) Rampart Division was featured in the classic tv show Adam-12.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/20/2018 10:50am
The guy shoots himself because he's gonna be charged with domestic violence, and we're supposed to lay blessings on him?
Says the guy with an assault rifle for an avatar...

I can't vouch for the tragic way things ended for him. I don't get it, and don't understand it. But I can see offering sympathy to his family and friends, who are likely suffering while trying to make sense of the loss, and how it all ended.
jgmxdad251
9/20/2018 10:51am
Motox627! wrote:
From Racer X..... Not the drug overdose everyone suspected.. On September 15, 2018, a female victim walked into the front lobby of Rampart Area (police) station...

On September 15, 2018, a female victim walked into the front lobby of Rampart Area (police) station and advised the officers that the suspect, later identified as Tyler Evans, was now outside of the Rampart Station armed with a firearm. The victim further advised the officers that on September 14, 2018, she filed a Domestic Violence report naming Evans as the suspect.

Rampart uniformed officers along with a Rampart supervisor responded to the front of the station, contacted Evans and attempted to apprehend him. Evans refused to comply with the officers' directions, resulting in the deployment of a 40mm less lethal munition. Evans then reached into his pant pocket, retrieved a handgun and suffered a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.

Already two threads with this information before yours....... Moto 96 How do you know it was because of some crazy broad as you put it? The fact is, nobody knows why. All we know is he committed suicide. Which is super sad and happens way to much these days. My wife and I have a friend who’s son took his life at 17 years old. He wanted to die so bad that he had to keep his feet raised to do it. Suicide sucks!
9/20/2018 11:07am Edited Date/Time 9/20/2018 11:07am
GuyB wrote:
Says the guy with an assault rifle for an avatar... I can't vouch for the tragic way things ended for him. I don't get it, and...

I can't vouch for the tragic way things ended for him. I don't get it, and don't understand it. But I can see offering sympathy to his family and friends, who are likely suffering while trying to make sense of the loss, and how it all ended.
You'd serve yourself well to shut up about firearms until you learn something about them.

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/20/2018 11:09am
logan_140 wrote:
I hope they check for CTE.
If there's enough left to check for CTE.
cjmx
Fantasy
1179th
9/20/2018 11:10am
Camp332 wrote:
obviously much more going on than a pending domestic violence charge. He was once an icon to many fans here; plenty of feel good stories about the guy. Godspeed Tyler Evans.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/20/2018 11:12am
You'd serve yourself well to shut up about firearms until you learn something about them.

If you can't see the irony, I don't know what to tell you...

Also, enjoy your vacation.
Motox627!
9/20/2018 11:12am
Motox627! wrote:
From Racer X..... Not the drug overdose everyone suspected.. On September 15, 2018, a female victim walked into the front lobby of Rampart Area (police) station...

jgmxdad251 wrote:
Already two threads with this information before yours....... Moto 96 How do you know it was because of some crazy broad as you put it? The...
Already two threads with this information before yours....... Moto 96 How do you know it was because of some crazy broad as you put it? The fact is, nobody knows why. All we know is he committed suicide. Which is super sad and happens way to much these days. My wife and I have a friend who’s son took his life at 17 years old. He wanted to die so bad that he had to keep his feet raised to do it. Suicide sucks!
Didn't see those other threads. Merely posting this for any that were wondering like i was myself...………………..
FWYT
9/20/2018 11:14am
What a terrible, sad unfortunate way for a story to play out. I truly feel for him and those close to him with the pain, questions and anguish they must feel. My sincere sympathies.
greenmx5
9/20/2018 11:22am Edited Date/Time 9/20/2018 11:23am
GuyB wrote:
Says the guy with an assault rifle for an avatar... I can't vouch for the tragic way things ended for him. I don't get it, and...

Just saying.... Not to get offf topic, but try not to be ignorant.

"The AR in “AR-15” rifle stands for ArmaLite rifle, after the company that developed it in the 1950s. “AR” does NOT stand for “assault rifle” or “automatic rifle.” AR-15-style rifles are NOT “assault weapons” or “assault rifles.” An assault rifle is fully automatic — a machine gun."
9/20/2018 11:31am
Glad it didn’t end up being a suicide-by-cop situation and no one else was hurt or killed.

GuyB I really think you “jumped the gun” on banning that guy for responding to an ignorant comment from you.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/20/2018 11:34am
Exhibit B in why I generally don't talk religion, politics, or guns on a forum...

I never said AR stood for assault rifle.

In general, what classification would the gun shown above fall into?

I'm also moving this to the Dumbgeon...
9/20/2018 11:36am
Maybe Brownnose was the one who should have shut up? Don't an asshat and you won't get banned. It's actually pretty simple.
500guy
Glad it didn’t end up being a suicide-by-cop situation and no one else was hurt or killed. GuyB I really think you “jumped the gun” on...
Glad it didn’t end up being a suicide-by-cop situation and no one else was hurt or killed.

GuyB I really think you “jumped the gun” on banning that guy for responding to an ignorant comment from you.
He was being a dick, He got clicked not a big surprise.

disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
Glad it didn’t end up being a suicide-by-cop situation and no one else was hurt or killed. GuyB I really think you “jumped the gun” on...

No big loss
usp4u
9/20/2018 11:43am
GuyB wrote:

What does that first sentence even mean?

Your "irony" comment is just as ridiculous.

Are you suggesting that Brownstone is pleased with Evans' action, or that Brownstone is predisposed to similar behavior simply based off his avatar?

Later you comment "if there is enough left to study" with regards to Evans' brain is quite a bit more uncouth than anything the poster said. Perhaps you need a vacation.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/20/2018 11:45am

There's a difference between a vacation and an outright ban.
greenmx5
9/20/2018 12:02pm
GuyB wrote:
Exhibit B in why I generally don't talk religion, politics, or guns on a forum... I never said AR stood for assault rifle. In general, what...
Exhibit B in why I generally don't talk religion, politics, or guns on a forum...

I wasn't being a dick in my post, so don't take it that way. And I wasn't trolling or arguing, just trying to educate people.

In his avatar it clearly says "AR-15" and you said his avatar had an "assault rifle." I was just putting two and two together is all. . The AR-15 falls under the "sporting rifle" category. The purpose is for people who shoot at targets or clays as a hobby. Many times people don't use things for their intended purpose though. That's all I'm saying.
Motox627!
9/20/2018 12:38pm
i post an update about Tyler Evans and this is where the discussion ends up going?!?!?!?!? lol, i fucking love Vital!!!WoohooGrinningSilly
shiftmx_22
Fantasy
629th
9/20/2018 2:11pm Edited Date/Time 9/20/2018 2:22pm
GuyB wrote:
Exhibit B in why I generally don't talk religion, politics, or guns on a forum... I never said AR stood for assault rifle. In general, what...

greenmx5 wrote:
I wasn't being a dick in my post, so don't take it that way. And I wasn't trolling or arguing, just trying to educate people. In...
I wasn't being a dick in my post, so don't take it that way. And I wasn't trolling or arguing, just trying to educate people.

In his avatar it clearly says "AR-15" and you said his avatar had an "assault rifle." I was just putting two and two together is all. . The AR-15 falls under the "sporting rifle" category. The purpose is for people who shoot at targets or clays as a hobby. Many times people don't use things for their intended purpose though. That's all I'm saying.
As much as I hate to involve myself in any sort of gun debate, I can't help myself on this one....

From the Wikipedia page for the AR-15, "In 1956, ArmaLite designed a lightweight assault rifle for military use and designated it the ArmaLite Rifle-15, or AR-15". The term 'modern sporting rifle' was coined by the NRA in 2009.

In one final ironic twist, it would seem that the people using it for shooting targets or clays are actually the ones who aren't using it for the intended purpose.

Anyways, carry on...

Sorry, and one last thing from dictionary.com: "assault rifle 1. a military rifle capable of both automatic and semiautomatic fire, utilizing an intermediate-power cartridge; 2. a nonmilitary weapon modeled on the military assault rifle, usually modified to allow only semiautomatic fire."

So yes, by definition an AR-15 is an assault rifle no matter what connotations you think that definition implies.
logan_140
9/20/2018 2:17pm
logan_140 wrote:
I hope they check for CTE.
GuyB wrote:
If there's enough left to check for CTE.
Junior seau shot hisself. (Former nfl linebacker) they said he had severe CTE

Post a reply to: Tyler Evans update

The Latest