Tyla Rattray Valence

Edited Date/Time 2/10/2015 6:39pm
The Motoclub of Valence just confirm Rattray to ride this week end. No news about Villopoto.
|
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
2/9/2015 7:06am
Is that the next Italian Mx series race? Please forgive my ignorance
robkinuk
2/9/2015 7:08am
Valence International in France, merci beaucoup!
RY4N37
2/9/2015 7:09am
You'd have to think that RV will ride if Rattray is. Very strange if he doesn't
jamma10
2/9/2015 7:11am
No it's a one-off International race in France.

Usually includes a large contingent of GP riders and the line up looks like it'll be good next weekend too.

The Shop

robkinuk
2/9/2015 7:15am
keep and eye out for young Brit Ashley Wilde in MX1 class. He was 6th overall at Hawkstone Park International, battling with the likes of Dean Feris and Brad Anderson. Riders for the Toughsheet Buildbase Honda team.
2/9/2015 7:16am
The best contenders for the win will be Paulin, Frossard, Desalle and Strijbos I believe.
Darryl916
2/9/2015 7:27am
RY4N37 wrote:
You'd have to think that RV will ride if Rattray is. Very strange if he doesn't
Measure yourself against Rattray then send Rattray to go race the other guys. Seems legit.
RY4N37
2/9/2015 7:37am Edited Date/Time 2/9/2015 7:37am
Darryl916 wrote:
Measure yourself against Rattray then send Rattray to go race the other guys. Seems legit.
If his team is going to a race though, surely he would go to for a chance to get some race sharpness before the season comes around. It's less about finding out where he is in relation to everyone else, and more about preparation and getting some seat time in a race situation, which he hasn't had for nearly a year
Freddy
2/9/2015 7:39am
I hope RV doesnt race, keeping the hype until Quatar. I wish he could qualify by himself with noone knowing his laptime and then just send him out for moto 1 Tongue
Darryl916
2/9/2015 7:40am
Darryl916 wrote:
RY4N37 wrote:
If his team is going to a race though, surely he would go to for a chance to get some race sharpness before the season comes...
If his team is going to a race though, surely he would go to for a chance to get some race sharpness before the season comes around. It's less about finding out where he is in relation to everyone else, and more about preparation and getting some seat time in a race situation, which he hasn't had for nearly a year
I totally get it, and that makes sense, this just all seems to be a big chess match so I doubt he's directly show his cards. Maybe I've been reading too much Vital. lol
ATKpilot99
2/9/2015 7:41am
RY4N37 wrote:
If his team is going to a race though, surely he would go to for a chance to get some race sharpness before the season comes...
Villopoto needs to hire you as his advisor and trainer . He will be World Champion for sure if he does.
500guy
2/9/2015 7:50am
R.V. never has raced warm up races, He's a Multiple "World Champ" I think He will figure things out just fine.
RY4N37
2/9/2015 7:54am
Darryl916 wrote:
I totally get it, and that makes sense, this just all seems to be a big chess match so I doubt he's directly show his cards...
I totally get it, and that makes sense, this just all seems to be a big chess match so I doubt he's directly show his cards. Maybe I've been reading too much Vital. lol
I don't know about the whole 'chess match' thing. I can understand why they haven't raced up to this point. But if the team is going to Valence then it would make sense for both riders to go.
jl0822
2/9/2015 7:56am
500guy wrote:
R.V. never has raced warm up races, He's a Multiple "World Champ" I think He will figure things out just fine.
The guy has dominated in the 250, dominated in the 450
i think he knows what he capable of and does not care much for a 'warm up" race
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
2/9/2015 8:11am
Of course RV knows what he's doing.

If he does do a "warm up" race I would think it would only be to test out the team dynamics in a race situation, and test how well they respond to his input if he is, for whatever reason, still unsure of that. But I doubt we see him line up until Quatar.
peelout
2/9/2015 8:16am
RY4N37 wrote:
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Villopoto needs to hire you as his advisor and trainer . He will be World Champion for sure if he does.
nah, he's not very impressive bro
Brent
2/9/2015 8:25am
RY4N37 wrote:
Its a big assumption that Villopoto needs " Race Sharpness".

His history is he doesn't race warm ups, and I get that. Every time you are in a race situation you are at risk of injury, look at what happened to Herlings at a non world championship event.

Villopoto seems like the kind of guy who won't race any more events than he as to, he has said in the past he only wants to race as little as possible.
Trav138
2/9/2015 8:27am Edited Date/Time 2/9/2015 8:50am
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Hahaha
Ya its every thread, to hell with Aldon, when you can have RY4N37 for free. RV just needs to sign up and make a thread about what he's doing and RY4N37 will be along to straighten him out lol.
Edit* Just busting your balls RY4N- i just want the GP s to start already so all the bullshit stops and the racing starts
machine
2/9/2015 8:30am
RY4N37 wrote:
Brent wrote:
Its a big assumption that Villopoto needs " Race Sharpness". His history is he doesn't race warm ups, and I get that. Every time you are...
Its a big assumption that Villopoto needs " Race Sharpness".

His history is he doesn't race warm ups, and I get that. Every time you are in a race situation you are at risk of injury, look at what happened to Herlings at a non world championship event.

Villopoto seems like the kind of guy who won't race any more events than he as to, he has said in the past he only wants to race as little as possible.
Exactly...The guy is struggling with burnout and they want him to race some worthless local races.
philG
2/9/2015 8:39am
maybe the amount of money he wanted to ride didn't fit with the Organisers .. Rattray on the other hand..

And what races would RV ever have had to do in the US anyway , SX starts in January, and RV has never travelled outside of the US to ride apart from the Nations, as far as I know, as a pro , and then the Nationals start straight after.

jamma10
2/9/2015 8:47am
It's not expected of him, it's completely his prerogative as to how he prepares. It's just common practice for most of the GP teams and their riders to contest at least one pre-season international in Europe if not several before the World Championship gets under way.

So it's more the fact that opting out of all of them would be seen as slightly unusual rather than a dissapointment, if that makes sense?
TMV
2/9/2015 8:50am
A lot of rain for the week end to come over Valence and between 40°F to 50°F (5 to 10°C). I think he already knows how to ride in bad conditions and say he won't take the risk and freeze his family jewels. Worthless...
RY4N37
2/9/2015 8:53am
jamma10 wrote:
It's not expected of him, it's completely his prerogative as to how he prepares. It's just common practice for most of the GP teams and their...
It's not expected of him, it's completely his prerogative as to how he prepares. It's just common practice for most of the GP teams and their riders to contest at least one pre-season international in Europe if not several before the World Championship gets under way.

So it's more the fact that opting out of all of them would be seen as slightly unusual rather than a dissapointment, if that makes sense?
Exactly, I don't think it would be odd for him not to do any if KRT as a team said that they weren't doing any. But if Rattray (and therefore KRT) are going to Valence it would seem odd for RV not to take the opportunity to do so too. That's all. In fairness we don't know that he isn't doing it yet
machine
2/9/2015 9:08am
jamma10 wrote:
It's not expected of him, it's completely his prerogative as to how he prepares. It's just common practice for most of the GP teams and their...

Yep, makes sense, I personally believe that he's holding his hand tight, so he can surprise those guys. It may or may not work, but i think it's his strategy. He will have a good idea where he is by having Rattray go race, like someone else said.
peelout
2/9/2015 9:11am
jamma10 wrote:

machine wrote:
Yep, makes sense, I personally believe that he's holding his hand tight, so he can surprise those guys. It may or may not work, but i...
Yep, makes sense, I personally believe that he's holding his hand tight, so he can surprise those guys. It may or may not work, but i think it's his strategy. He will have a good idea where he is by having Rattray go race, like someone else said.
i don't think anyone, Cairoli included, will be surprised when RV shows up and is faster than hell. it's expected really.

that said, i don't think he's trying to trick any of them by not racing, i think he just doesn't want to race until the actual season starts. and i agree with it.
machine
2/9/2015 9:18am
jamma10 wrote:

machine wrote:
Yep, makes sense, I personally believe that he's holding his hand tight, so he can surprise those guys. It may or may not work, but i...
peelout wrote:
i don't think anyone, Cairoli included, will be surprised when RV shows up and is faster than hell. it's expected really. that said, i don't think...
i don't think anyone, Cairoli included, will be surprised when RV shows up and is faster than hell. it's expected really.

that said, i don't think he's trying to trick any of them by not racing, i think he just doesn't want to race until the actual season starts. and i agree with it.
Maybe it is that simple..who knows
stingray
2/9/2015 9:27am
jamma10 wrote:

machine wrote:
peelout wrote:
i don't think anyone, Cairoli included, will be surprised when RV shows up and is faster than hell. it's expected really. that said, i don't think...

gtfo with your logic and reason..this is no place for that
RY4N37
2/9/2015 9:29am Edited Date/Time 2/9/2015 9:30am
Trav138 wrote:
Hahaha Ya its every thread, to hell with Aldon, when you can have RY4N37 for free. RV just needs to sign up and make a thread...
Hahaha
Ya its every thread, to hell with Aldon, when you can have RY4N37 for free. RV just needs to sign up and make a thread about what he's doing and RY4N37 will be along to straighten him out lol.
Edit* Just busting your balls RY4N- i just want the GP s to start already so all the bullshit stops and the racing starts
I can't wait for them to start either. It's gonna be a mega season. In fairness I did only say that I'd be surprised that RV didn't ride when Rattray is. But if RV is looking for a new trainer, I am available. Not for free though Grinning
RY4N37
2/10/2015 11:03am

Track is looking real good for this weekend in Valence

Post a reply to: Tyla Rattray Valence

The Latest