Ty Masterpool - West Coast SX

spojetski
Fantasy
277th
Edited Date/Time 2/21/2021 8:29am
Couldn't find any mention on the forum.

Seems like Ty Masterpool will race West Coast Supercross this year.

He's on Orlando 2 entry list, been training on his Supercross compound for the last 2 months and would be backed by a long list of personnal sponsors, seems like Shoei & O'Neal jumped onboard.

He also rode on his KTM at Mini O's (with his brother Jake) late 2020 in 250 Pro Sports... Ended up in front of Thrasher & Vohland.

Guess Jake might make the jump too by the looks of it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLDZIHRlW-f/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKPqQ_yggf6/
|
bayodome
Fantasy
4305th
2/9/2021 6:51am
Definitely interested to see how he does. West Coast is going to be tough though and I'm sure there are a lot of riders kicking themselves for not riding East SX this year. Outside of the top three it's wide open. There are guys getting top 10s that I've never even heard of before now.
lumpy790
2/9/2021 9:13am
How many 250 team positions are there for 250 west 2021?

A Few teams folded so there are fewer rides available.
foreman52
Fantasy
3183rd
2/9/2021 10:01am
Here’s to both the brothers having a good and healthy run in SX! My god I would love to see Jesse come out and beat a couple of the star amateurs.

More behind the scene we aren’t aware of, but I can’t believe this kid doesn’t have a ride.

The Shop

TooTallJason
Fantasy
826th
2/9/2021 10:29am
foreman52 wrote:
Here’s to both the brothers having a good and healthy run in SX! My god I would love to see Jesse come out and beat a...
Here’s to both the brothers having a good and healthy run in SX! My god I would love to see Jesse come out and beat a couple of the star amateurs.

More behind the scene we aren’t aware of, but I can’t believe this kid doesn’t have a ride.
Now that would be impressive.
str8line
2/9/2021 10:35am
His ride at Red Bud is etched in my brain.
2/9/2021 11:10am
Jake is very under-rated....so much that he was left out of the thread title! Surprised he's on the 250 as he's a bigger guy, but I guess it just simplifies things for the team. Good luck to them both!
jmbayle
2/9/2021 12:29pm
str8line wrote:
His ride at Red Bud is etched in my brain.
What Masterpool did with the holeshot and Hakan Carlqvist's beer at Namur, I'll never forget.
Payup_199
2/9/2021 12:50pm
Jake is very under-rated....so much that he was left out of the thread title! Surprised he's on the 250 as he's a bigger guy, but I...
Jake is very under-rated....so much that he was left out of the thread title! Surprised he's on the 250 as he's a bigger guy, but I guess it just simplifies things for the team. Good luck to them both!
making a 450 SX main right now is very hard and only going to get harder come Orlando with lots of guys coming back. Going the 250 route was definitely the route to go for results wise.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
2/9/2021 1:49pm
foreman52 wrote:
Here’s to both the brothers having a good and healthy run in SX! My god I would love to see Jesse come out and beat a...

Jesse won’t be lining up
kardy
2/9/2021 4:31pm
Payup_199 wrote:
making a 450 SX main right now is very hard and only going to get harder come Orlando with lots of guys coming back. Going the...
making a 450 SX main right now is very hard and only going to get harder come Orlando with lots of guys coming back. Going the 250 route was definitely the route to go for results wise.
lots of guys are coming back?
brlatm
2/9/2021 5:14pm
foreman52 wrote:

langhammx wrote:
Jesse won’t be lining up
I'm not sure he caught his error.
J-Mill
2/9/2021 8:14pm
Anyone else notice they are using the AER Cone Valves? Interesting to see the schrader valve there but I hear well tuned air forks can be the deal for SX.
Payup_199
2/10/2021 6:48am Edited Date/Time 2/11/2021 6:24am
kardy wrote:
lots of guys are coming back?
deano
sugar shane
the bear
sexton
Anstie
henry miller
spojetski
Fantasy
277th
2/15/2021 4:14am
AEO Powersports support, looks like no more of that Invictus Speed Crew for Ty, only for Jake. 250 West line up looking sweet so far.
2/15/2021 4:31am
Looks cool but i dont think changing bikes even Austrian bikes this close to the season is ideal. It will be hard to get comfortable right away & its never good to be trying to adjust settings inbetween practices, heats & races.
I hope he does well. Those outdoor rides showed he defo has speed.
foreman52
Fantasy
3183rd
2/15/2021 6:01am
foreman52 wrote:

langhammx wrote:
Jesse won’t be lining up
I meant Ty...my bad.
88FYNN88
2/15/2021 6:08am
I can't wait to watch him hurt some feelings. I have a strong feeling he is going to be smoking Frye and Thrasher and making Star miss him. Still don't get why they dropped him.
mxb2
2/15/2021 6:38am
88FYNN88 wrote:
I can't wait to watch him hurt some feelings. I have a strong feeling he is going to be smoking Frye and Thrasher and making Star...
I can't wait to watch him hurt some feelings. I have a strong feeling he is going to be smoking Frye and Thrasher and making Star miss him. Still don't get why they dropped him.
They have their reasons i would think. $$, team decision, contracts etc.
aeffertz
2/15/2021 12:12pm
mxb2 wrote:
They have their reasons i would think. $$, team decision, contracts etc.
I mean of course they have their reasons, he’s off the team. I just don’t understand it, much like o didn’t understand the move to can A. Mart for Falk (or whoever the amateur that took his spot was that ended up being a bust).

It is their checkbook though and I’m sure they have more eyes on these guys than most of us so if they think Frye is the better option than I hope for them that he is (indoors and out).
richter28
Fantasy
164th
2/15/2021 1:41pm
88FYNN88 wrote:
I can't wait to watch him hurt some feelings. I have a strong feeling he is going to be smoking Frye and Thrasher and making Star...
Speaking on hurt feelings, he just burned some people who stepped up to help him out when he was left with "nothing"... acts like a factory star then bails to take another ride a week before round 1. I wish him the best of luck, but feel bad for some people who had a lot of money sunk into his program.
DonM
2/15/2021 6:44pm
88FYNN88 wrote:
richter28 wrote:
Speaking on hurt feelings, he just burned some people who stepped up to help him out when he was left with "nothing"... acts like a factory...
Speaking on hurt feelings, he just burned some people who stepped up to help him out when he was left with "nothing"... acts like a factory star then bails to take another ride a week before round 1. I wish him the best of luck, but feel bad for some people who had a lot of money sunk into his program.
You know this for a fact or are you speculating? If it is a fact it does suck...
richter28
Fantasy
164th
2/15/2021 8:26pm
DonM wrote:
You know this for a fact or are you speculating? If it is a fact it does suck...
Yep, but it is what it is in this sport, just disappointed how it happened and feel bad for the ones who put it together and invested their time and money into it. Hopefully Jake kills it for them though!
bh
2/15/2021 10:52pm
88FYNN88 wrote:
richter28 wrote:
Speaking on hurt feelings, he just burned some people who stepped up to help him out when he was left with "nothing"... acts like a factory...
DonM wrote:
I don’t think he is. I thought he was going to be doing that same deal as his brother but as of now he is riding a gas gas with aeo support. Kinda strange to jump ship like that. Especially this late. Can’t image this ride with aeo is light years better than what he had but who knows.

Post a reply to: Ty Masterpool - West Coast SX

The Latest