TwoTwo Motorsports officially done

bd
6/19/2015 12:49pm
mx836 wrote:
Well he apparently had a half million dollar sponsor lined up that he can't use because of the series' sponsor, GoPro. That would have gone a...
Well he apparently had a half million dollar sponsor lined up that he can't use because of the series' sponsor, GoPro. That would have gone a long ways to finishing the season.
bd wrote:
Fucking agree 110%. It's obvious that the people who run the Moto series are lacking business sense. Look to HBS for summer interns to assist for...
Fucking agree 110%. It's obvious that the people who run the Moto series are lacking business sense. Look to HBS for summer interns to assist for the following year. Cheap and brilliant labor
Zracer wrote:
So you think Mx Sports is letting Go Pro roll for free or do you think they are getting paid? Maybe teams should be aware of...
So you think Mx Sports is letting Go Pro roll for free or do you think they are getting paid? Maybe teams should be aware of series sponsors and obligations before they sign their own deals. Time to rethink who lacks business sense.
Its short sighted and only serves the sponsor when you add a barrier to entry
kiwifan
6/19/2015 3:34pm Edited Date/Time 6/19/2015 3:34pm
yakrider wrote:
Chad Reed has every right to be proud of what he has accomplished and I think everyone should say thanks to him for starting his own...
Chad Reed has every right to be proud of what he has accomplished and I think everyone should say thanks to him for starting his own team and doing things on his terms. Love him or hate him, he is truly one of the greats that we've ever seen.
kiwifan wrote:
I agree
I can't keep up to what side your on Kiwi.
you mistake my respect for Reed's past achievements with my absolute dislike for his social media shit.....its that simple, it isnt a 'hate' thing at all
Boarddesign
Fantasy
2035th
6/19/2015 4:30pm
jeffro503 wrote:
What blows my mind and is also funny as hell , is that Chad and Ellie both post stupid and mysterious Instagram , twitter , ect...
What blows my mind and is also funny as hell , is that Chad and Ellie both post stupid and mysterious Instagram , twitter , ect type messages , and then they wonder why people jump to conclusions? And then come back with some even more witty , smart ass , insulting comments.

THEN , attach the words " Stay classy ". You would think they were a couple of friggin' 14yr olds or something. Jesus Christ!
so true! They are ridiculous, "rich people problems" that normal people have no time for. Talk about disconnected…
the_wood109
6/19/2015 5:06pm
Chad Reed is a legend.

The thing that people don't understand is that all of the top riders have some level of ego. It's required for this sport. They have to hide it a bit for the sake of selling products, but it's still there. People rate their TV interviews, and form opinions on the person, but they don't understand the mentality that brought them to that level in the first place.

I will miss the rider. I won't miss the tweets, but they're understandable.

The Shop

6/19/2015 11:13pm
It was a good run. I hope he takes the summer off and comes back strong. I think Chad is still fully capable of winning races with the right mindset
6/20/2015 10:51pm
To the he's spending his "own money" crowd he's not.....he is spending Discount Tires money. Discount Tire is tired of the Chad Reed shit show(pun intended). Poor results, injuries, and Fly360 was the last straw. If he was spending his "own money" the 22 semi would still be rolling down the interstate. It's only about the money. Total cost of sponsorship did not justify total amount of exposure for the brand. 22 was an inequitable investment and they pulled the plug. Stay classy
Crush
6/20/2015 11:34pm
To the he's spending his "own money" crowd he's not.....he is spending Discount Tires money. Discount Tire is tired of the Chad Reed shit show(pun intended)...
To the he's spending his "own money" crowd he's not.....he is spending Discount Tires money. Discount Tire is tired of the Chad Reed shit show(pun intended). Poor results, injuries, and Fly360 was the last straw. If he was spending his "own money" the 22 semi would still be rolling down the interstate. It's only about the money. Total cost of sponsorship did not justify total amount of exposure for the brand. 22 was an inequitable investment and they pulled the plug. Stay classy
You did see he said they've got his back right?

Seems they're not tired of anything.
bvm111
6/20/2015 11:39pm
To the he's spending his "own money" crowd he's not.....he is spending Discount Tires money. Discount Tire is tired of the Chad Reed shit show(pun intended)...
really? no... I didn't know that!
KTMShane699
6/21/2015 4:36am
Can you please point us to the source that says Discount Tire is parting ways with Chad Reed? I saw where Two Two shut the doors, but nowhere have I heard about Discount Tire. In fact, on his social media (where we know the Reeds air everything) he says Discount Tire along with other sponsors still "have his back."

Your media post is pretty far off base. Anyone who's done any minimal amount of research before claiming what you did would know that what you've posted is completely inaccurate. So who really should "stay classy?"

Shane
Hut
6/21/2015 9:23am
They "have his back" but not the team? Huh
6/21/2015 9:52am
Does that mean discount tire is not going to contract with any other moto teams? This experiment failed. Sorry everybody. Chad is not bigger than the sport he tried to leverage his position against the powers that be with Fly360 Iit was a massive fail.

Jim McMahon tried this against the NFL with the Chicago bears when he wore the Adidas headbands, history just repeated itself. Leveraging his own status against the status quo.

Stay classy
kkawboy14
6/21/2015 9:55am
What does that mean "they got his back" in business terms?
They aren't going to sue him and will probably be on his stock car racing program!
IceMan446
6/21/2015 9:55am
Does that mean discount tire is not going to contract with any other moto teams? This experiment failed. Sorry everybody. Chad is not bigger than the...
Does that mean discount tire is not going to contract with any other moto teams? This experiment failed. Sorry everybody. Chad is not bigger than the sport he tried to leverage his position against the powers that be with Fly360 Iit was a massive fail.

Jim McMahon tried this against the NFL with the Chicago bears when he wore the Adidas headbands, history just repeated itself. Leveraging his own status against the status quo.

Stay classy
But this will be turned around into the Fly360 camera not being able to be used as to why the team closed shop.

andyman
6/21/2015 11:12am
Does that mean discount tire is not going to contract with any other moto teams? This experiment failed. Sorry everybody. Chad is not bigger than the...

Stay classy
Why you guys say that Discount tire is leaving? Chad says that they are still part of his program, this is second year of the 3 year contract they have.

gnarwhip
6/21/2015 1:07pm Edited Date/Time 6/21/2015 3:44pm
Seems pretty dumb that NBC would sign such an exclusive deal with a company, especially a contract that prohibits any other brand to run a pov camera. Thats like saying since Monster is the sponsor of sx, so no other riders can run an energy drink sticker on their shrouds. Ive heard them say they didn't anticipate any other cameras attempting to break into the sport. Really? Names like Sony or any other camera companies never came to mind?
kiwifan
6/21/2015 2:31pm
gnarwhip wrote:
Seems pretty dumb that NBC would sign such an exclusive deal with a company, especially a contract that prohibits any other brand to run a pov...
Seems pretty dumb that NBC would sign such an exclusive deal with a company, especially a contract that prohibits any other brand to run a pov camera. Thats like saying since Monster is the sponsor of sx, so no other riders can run an energy drink sticker on their shrouds. Ive heard them say they didn't anticipate any other cameras attempting to break into the sport. Really? Names like Sony or any other camera companies never came to mind?
Dont blame MXsports for trying to get the biggest sponsorship they can FFS
ML512
Fantasy
45th
6/21/2015 3:21pm
gnarwhip wrote:
Seems pretty dumb that NBC would sign such an exclusive deal with a company, especially a contract that prohibits any other brand to run a pov...
kiwifan wrote:
We've been over this a million times people. MXSports didn't sign GoPro deal, NBC did. It has a lot more to do than just a product sponsorship as it also involves video rights for an event that NBC owns the filming rights to.
gnarwhip
6/21/2015 3:24pm
ML512 wrote:
We've been over this a million times people. MXSports didn't sign GoPro deal, NBC did. It has a lot more to do than just a product...
We've been over this a million times people. MXSports didn't sign GoPro deal, NBC did. It has a lot more to do than just a product sponsorship as it also involves video rights for an event that NBC owns the filming rights to.
oh ok
Brent
6/21/2015 3:25pm
gnarwhip wrote:
Not at the time the contract was signed with Go Pro, I believe I heard that from Coombs?

If only one offer is on the table, then you take it.
kiwifan
6/21/2015 3:56pm
gnarwhip wrote:
kiwifan wrote:
ML512 wrote:
We've been over this a million times people. MXSports didn't sign GoPro deal, NBC did. It has a lot more to do than just a product...
sorry yes I meant NBC....my bad

Post a reply to: TwoTwo Motorsports officially done

The Latest