TwoTwo Motorsports officially done

Related:
Create New Tag

6/19/2015 12:14 PM

Suns_PSD wrote:

Chad Reed just isn't a pleasant fellow from many real world reports and the image he portrays. He seems to believe that he is ...more

LOLgrin

|

6/19/2015 12:49 PM

mx836 wrote:

Well he apparently had a half million dollar sponsor lined up that he can't use because of the series' sponsor, GoPro. That ...more

bd wrote:

Fucking agree 110%. It's obvious that the people who run the Moto series are lacking business sense. Look to HBS for summer ...more

Zracer wrote:

So you think Mx Sports is letting Go Pro roll for free or do you think they are getting paid? Maybe teams should be aware of ...more

Its short sighted and only serves the sponsor when you add a barrier to entry

|

bd

6/19/2015 3:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/19/2015 3:34 PM

yakrider wrote:

Chad Reed has every right to be proud of what he has accomplished and I think everyone should say thanks to him for starting ...more

kiwifan wrote:

I agree

Underground wrote:

I can't keep up to what side your on Kiwi.

you mistake my respect for Reed's past achievements with my absolute dislike for his social media shit.....its that simple, it isnt a 'hate' thing at all

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

6/19/2015 4:30 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

What blows my mind and is also funny as hell , is that Chad and Ellie both post stupid and mysterious Instagram , twitter , ...more

so true! They are ridiculous, "rich people problems" that normal people have no time for. Talk about disconnected…

|

6/19/2015 5:06 PM

Chad Reed is a legend.

The thing that people don't understand is that all of the top riders have some level of ego. It's required for this sport. They have to hide it a bit for the sake of selling products, but it's still there. People rate their TV interviews, and form opinions on the person, but they don't understand the mentality that brought them to that level in the first place.

I will miss the rider. I won't miss the tweets, but they're understandable.

|

xbox one: th3mup
steamid: hea†hen

6/19/2015 11:13 PM

It was a good run. I hope he takes the summer off and comes back strong. I think Chad is still fully capable of winning races with the right mindset

|

6/20/2015 10:37 PM

Ellie........ somebody got "shit canned" stayclassy

|

6/20/2015 10:48 PM

Photo

|

6/20/2015 10:51 PM

To the he's spending his "own money" crowd he's not.....he is spending Discount Tires money. Discount Tire is tired of the Chad Reed shit show(pun intended). Poor results, injuries, and Fly360 was the last straw. If he was spending his "own money" the 22 semi would still be rolling down the interstate. It's only about the money. Total cost of sponsorship did not justify total amount of exposure for the brand. 22 was an inequitable investment and they pulled the plug. Stay classy

|

6/20/2015 11:34 PM

oldmotophan wrote:

To the he's spending his "own money" crowd he's not.....he is spending Discount Tires money. Discount Tire is tired of the ...more

You did see he said they've got his back right?

Seems they're not tired of anything.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6/20/2015 11:39 PM

oldmotophan wrote:

To the he's spending his "own money" crowd he's not.....he is spending Discount Tires money. Discount Tire is tired of the ...more

really? no... I didn't know that!

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

6/21/2015 4:36 AM

oldmotophan wrote:

Can you please point us to the source that says Discount Tire is parting ways with Chad Reed? I saw where Two Two shut the doors, but nowhere have I heard about Discount Tire. In fact, on his social media (where we know the Reeds air everything) he says Discount Tire along with other sponsors still "have his back."

Your media post is pretty far off base. Anyone who's done any minimal amount of research before claiming what you did would know that what you've posted is completely inaccurate. So who really should "stay classy?"

Shane

|

6/21/2015 9:23 AM

They "have his back" but not the team? wassat

|

6/21/2015 9:43 AM

What does that mean "they got his back" in business terms?

|

6/21/2015 9:52 AM

Does that mean discount tire is not going to contract with any other moto teams? This experiment failed. Sorry everybody. Chad is not bigger than the sport he tried to leverage his position against the powers that be with Fly360 Iit was a massive fail.

Jim McMahon tried this against the NFL with the Chicago bears when he wore the Adidas headbands, history just repeated itself. Leveraging his own status against the status quo.

Stay classy

|

6/21/2015 9:55 AM

oldmotophan wrote:

What does that mean "they got his back" in business terms?

They aren't going to sue him and will probably be on his stock car racing program!

|

6/21/2015 9:55 AM

oldmotophan wrote:

Does that mean discount tire is not going to contract with any other moto teams? This experiment failed. Sorry everybody. Chad ...more

But this will be turned around into the Fly360 camera not being able to be used as to why the team closed shop.

|

6/21/2015 11:12 AM

oldmotophan wrote:

Does that mean discount tire is not going to contract with any other moto teams? This experiment failed. Sorry everybody. Chad ...more

Why you guys say that Discount tire is leaving? Chad says that they are still part of his program, this is second year of the 3 year contract they have.

|

6/21/2015 1:07 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/21/2015 3:44 PM

Seems pretty dumb that NBC would sign such an exclusive deal with a company, especially a contract that prohibits any other brand to run a pov camera. Thats like saying since Monster is the sponsor of sx, so no other riders can run an energy drink sticker on their shrouds. Ive heard them say they didn't anticipate any other cameras attempting to break into the sport. Really? Names like Sony or any other camera companies never came to mind?

|

6/21/2015 2:31 PM

gnarwhip wrote:

Seems pretty dumb that NBC would sign such an exclusive deal with a company, especially a contract that prohibits any other ...more

Dont blame MXsports for trying to get the biggest sponsorship they can FFS

|

6/21/2015 3:21 PM

gnarwhip wrote:

Seems pretty dumb that NBC would sign such an exclusive deal with a company, especially a contract that prohibits any other ...more

kiwifan wrote:

We've been over this a million times people. MXSports didn't sign GoPro deal, NBC did. It has a lot more to do than just a product sponsorship as it also involves video rights for an event that NBC owns the filming rights to.

|

6/21/2015 3:24 PM

ML512 wrote:

We've been over this a million times people. MXSports didn't sign GoPro deal, NBC did. It has a lot more to do than just a ...more

oh ok

|

6/21/2015 3:25 PM

gnarwhip wrote:

Not at the time the contract was signed with Go Pro, I believe I heard that from Coombs?

If only one offer is on the table, then you take it.

|

6/21/2015 3:56 PM

gnarwhip wrote:

kiwifan wrote:

ML512 wrote:

We've been over this a million times people. MXSports didn't sign GoPro deal, NBC did. It has a lot more to do than just a ...more

sorry yes I meant NBC....my bad

|