TwoTwo Motorsports officially done

Related:
Create New Tag

6/19/2015 2:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/19/2015 2:48 AM

kongols wrote:

All the on-board videos and all of the videos from the racing belongs to NBC who has a contract with Go-Pro. It`s a copyright ...more

Not true, (Edit - The Part about all on-board footage being Go-Pro)

Watched round four again today.

The POV helmet cam used by Phil Niccoletti I am 99% sure was not a Go-Pro.

The camera used for the live footage

|

6/19/2015 3:02 AM

aaryn #234 wrote:

Not true, (Edit - The Part about all on-board footage being Go-Pro)

Watched round four again today.

The POV helmet cam used ...more

That's NBCs own camera. Only used for certain rounds for live POV photage.

|

It's rude to talk about religion. You never know who you're gonna offend

6/19/2015 3:19 AM

Any time a team folds up shop in this sport, it's a sad day. If it's a major team? Even sadder. Doesn't matter whose name is on the truck.

Gotta think anybody not thinking this sucks or who is taking any kind of satisfaction in this has their hate glasses on.

|

HAF

6/19/2015 4:47 AM

yakrider wrote:

Chad Reed has every right to be proud of what he has accomplished and I think everyone should say thanks to him for starting ...more

kiwifan wrote:

I agree

I can't keep up to what side your on Kiwi.

|

6/19/2015 5:26 AM

bd wrote:

Fucking agree 110%. It's obvious that the people who run the Moto series are lacking business sense. Look to HBS for summer ...more

kiwifan wrote:

So let me get this straight, Reed gets a $500k sponsor to use a camera that he cannot use and it is the people that run the ...more

yakrider wrote:

Let me ask you this, mate:

If GoPro has payed for exclusive rights to their on-board videos and have somewhat of a monopoly, ...more

GoPro was the only POV camera on the market at the time they signed an exclusive contract. So if you're MXSports, why not give exclusivity to that kind of sponsorship especially if the money is right and given the terms they had. I.E. every rider is given a GoPro for recording. And until a year or so ago, they were still the only POV camera and to this point, they're the best quality camera. So I don't really care about the exclusivity contract that was signed. Agreed though, going forward, they shouldn't renew GoPro's exclusivity contract and from the sounds of it, DC probably won't. Could be wrong.

Also, I don't think Chad's departure from the series is related at all to the camera. He's injured and needs surgery. He has tried to ride through the pain to meet sponsor obligations, and just can't get it done. Since he can't meet sponsor obligations, he's at a T in the road and had to make a decision.

|

6/19/2015 6:00 AM

Wonder what this is about...wassat Photo

|

6/19/2015 6:05 AM

Probably a dig at Transworld MX (the source)?

|

"Ryan Dungey will always wonder how he can be a better son, brother, partner and racer. Because if you are satisfied, you will never be able to dream" ~ Troy Adamitis

6/19/2015 6:15 AM

Crappy to hear. Lots of effort put into the team and did a great job representing his sponsors.

Pro Circuit Monster Yamaha YZ450F for supercross. Will be good to see back on blue.

|

6/19/2015 6:28 AM

canuck250f wrote:

Crappy to hear. Lots of effort put into the team and did a great job representing his sponsors.

Pro Circuit Monster Yamaha ...more

Discount Tire/Monster Yamaha is my guess.

|

6/19/2015 6:38 AM

canuck250f wrote:

Pro Circuit Monster Yamaha ...more

Fuck Blue!

I want to see him on a bike like the one in your avatar!!! SWEEEET!

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6/19/2015 6:44 AM

ns503 wrote:

Any time a team folds up shop in this sport, it's a sad day. If it's a major team? Even sadder. Doesn't matter whose name is ...more

This ^^^^^^^

|

6/19/2015 6:49 AM

...so Transworld updated their story......."another factory-backed bike" they originally said Factory Yamaha.

I was kind of thinking Monster would jump over to Yamaha/JGR and Discount Tire would follow with Reed there. Too bad Factory Yamaha can't come back with support of Monster and Discount Tire. That would essentially open up another factory spot for someone like Grant and all the guys from Two Two would have a job.

That being said. TwoTwo guys won't have any trouble finding job, they are some of the best.

|

6/19/2015 8:13 AM

kongols wrote:

All the on-board videos and all of the videos from the racing belongs to NBC who has a contract with Go-Pro. It`s a copyright ...more

Don't fool yourself, it's entirely a money issue.

|

6/19/2015 8:54 AM

121ANM wrote:

OK so this whole deal sucks, especially for the sport and those on the team. I wish Chad and everyone the best.

However, I am trying to imagine my mom or dad on social media functioning and posting things on this level of petty, while trying to raise a couple kids.

Just a different world we live in now. I'm genuinely scared to see the children this era produces. The generations are changing so much because of this technology...

Sorry to get OT. Rainy day and shit. lol

Bottom line- They wouldn't have time to pay these "bottom feeders" any attention unless they desired to. wink

|

6/19/2015 9:07 AM

ns503 wrote:

Any time a team folds up shop in this sport, it's a sad day. If it's a major team? Even sadder. Doesn't matter whose name is ...more

Holigan wrote:

This ^^^^^^^

Yep. The sport/"industry" doesn't seem very supportive of those in it.

|

6/19/2015 9:15 AM

Chad Reed just isn't a pleasant fellow from many real world reports and the image he portrays. He seems to believe that he is more important than he is. Very egotistical.

He has became immensely popular because he is fast, a bit of a legend in the sport, had a crazy crash and got right back up, started his own team, and is also old by MX standards which means us old guys feel some kinship to him. But none of that means he isn't a douche.

I have to say this, he keeps it interesting. The same way that 19 year old Cuban I dated a few years back kept it interesting. Through a shit ton of drama and noise making.

|

2013 KTM 250SX on Ohlins, 314cc built stroker engine with 56 very smooth and easy to ride rwhp.

6/19/2015 9:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/19/2015 9:22 AM

121ANM wrote:

Ellie, Chad created this problem with his social media posts.

Fans want honesty, and for years Chad has played a game with peoples emotions with cryptic postings and temper tantrums, maybe to get attention, or maybe that's because who he is, I don't know.

It's kind of odd to say that the truth comes from your social media, because Chads postings are unclear and vague.

But the end result is that you reap what you sow, and now you have media outlets and fans speculating because you are not honest with them. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

|

6/19/2015 9:31 AM

Chad is the one that posts cryptic stuff and then doesn't want rampant assumptions???

Maybe he shouldn't post what he does looking to draw up some attention and the get upset when it backfires on him.

Its sad if they really are closing up shop, I don't want to see a successful team close its doors. I really hope its not all from the camera fiasco.

Im sure Chad will find another ride, but the rest of his team will be looking for jobs, and I think thats what is probably the hardest thing for him and Ellie to deal with.

|

6/19/2015 9:58 AM

What blows my mind and is also funny as hell , is that Chad and Ellie both post stupid and mysterious Instagram , twitter , ect type messages , and then they wonder why people jump to conclusions? And then come back with some even more witty , smart ass , insulting comments.

THEN , attach the words " Stay classy ". You would think they were a couple of friggin' 14yr olds or something. Jesus Christ!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

6/19/2015 10:00 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

What blows my mind and is also funny as hell , is that Chad and Ellie both post stupid and mysterious Instagram , twitter , ...more

Spot on!

|

6/19/2015 10:07 AM

|

6/19/2015 10:10 AM

ns503 wrote:

Agreed!

|

6/19/2015 10:13 AM

TWMX didn't do anything wrong in my opinion. They are a news and journalist outlet, so its their job to report news and rumors from the MX/SX industry. A large semi-factory team closing its doors is news worthy even if its not 100% done deal or official. If this were any other ball sport, ESPN would be all over that sending an army or reporters to the story.

The team who called Discount tire didn't do anything wrong either. As I'm sure Chad know running a team is expensive, and its fair game if a team closes to inquire on their sponsors. So Chad's reasoning "If their not my sponsor, no one can have them". That doesn't fly IMO and that attitude hurts the sport.

I'll admit, I've been an off-on Reed fan his entire career. Lately its been more off with his drama ego-filled personality and rants. When he started TwoTwo and was riding a Honda he was more humble and appreciative of the fans and sport. I thought he was sincere and that attitude would stick around, but apparently not.

|

6/19/2015 10:25 AM

jeffro503 wrote:

What blows my mind and is also funny as hell , is that Chad and Ellie both post stupid and mysterious Instagram , twitter , ...more

Yessir. They get the response the get because of what they post.

Always been a Reed fan even though he has made it a little tough over the years.

|

jeffro503 wrote:

Too many "Yes Men" in their lives, apparently. Humble is not the word I would use to describe the Reeds...

|

Edited Date/Time: 6/19/2015 10:29 AM

its like a bunch vultures (trying to grab his sponsor)

|

6/19/2015 10:42 AM

121ANM wrote:

Either share YOUR story to end the speculation, or shut the F*** up!!

|

6/19/2015 10:58 AM

VicDaMoan03 wrote:

TWMX didn't do anything wrong in my opinion. They are a news and journalist outlet, so its their job to report news and rumors ...more

You don't understand journalistic ethics then. Journalists get fired all the time for "reporting" such as this.

|

Please use the comments to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor implied. If you could repeat previously discredited memes or steer the conversation into irrelevant, off topic discussions, it would be appreciated. Lastly, kindly forgo all civility in your discourse . . . you are, after all, anonymous. Checkout; ABetterStockMarket.com

6/19/2015 11:02 AM

Photo
|

6/19/2015 11:10 AM

wouldn't it be nice to go back to the old boxvan days since these teams cant get any major sponsorship in this sport. this sport is still to small to get major funding.. let the factories use the semis and the rest of the teams use boxvans to cut expenses to a minimum... reed would still be racing if he wasn't hurt. Hes spending his own money and that why he folded!

|