TwoTwo Motorsports officially done

Related:
Create New Tag

6/18/2015 4:19 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Did reed now prove its not a very good business to race Mx for your own team?

Or was he a bad business man?

Maybe, maybe not. Reed had the money to do whatever the f' he wanted to. And he did.

|

6/18/2015 4:23 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/18/2015 4:24 PM

That sucks even if he was going to ride next year it would be nice to see the team help out some riders. All the experience under that tent could really help some of the younger riders or give that older vet a comfortable team

|

6/18/2015 4:24 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Did reed now prove its not a very good business to race Mx for your own team?

Or was he a bad business man?

newmann wrote:

Maybe, maybe not. Reed had the money to do whatever the f' he wanted to. And he did.

For someone with so much money, I respect his decision to form a team but the way he did it didn't seem to make much business sense. Too many high level techs/mechanics for the years when he was the single rider for the team. I guess if you're going to go in, go all in...

|

6/18/2015 4:28 PM

mauidex wrote:

sadly I think Reeds ability to get a ride on most teams is finished...........what can he bring for the money he would most ...more

He could ride for free and still make far more than 90% of the riders on the gate as long as he retains his outside sponsors. I think he is just trying to cut all of the payroll and overhead.

|

6/18/2015 5:05 PM

As long as he is paying out employees until end of season it makes sense , but if he is shutting it down because he is over it and not paying, that is not cool. Hope the best for cr22

|

6/18/2015 5:07 PM

mxer512 wrote:

It says in the article that he may ride for a factory yami team

erikcrvjl wrote:

A factory yami team? It's not like he's got a selection to choose from so I don't understand that. I highly doubt JGR wants ...more

He won a supercross last year. JGR will look at him if it has the funding

|

bd

6/18/2015 5:08 PM

mauidex wrote:

sadly I think Reeds ability to get a ride on most teams is finished...........what can he bring for the money he would most ...more

Hut wrote:

Top 5 in SX and can still win a SX main as of this year.

bingo

|

bd

6/18/2015 5:13 PM

Sucks for all the top guy's who went to that Team thinking it was long term that are now out of work.

That camera deal was just an excuse to bail out, Epstien Bar was already used needed a new problem.

|

6/18/2015 5:14 PM

Ozzy and goose should land a good gig I'd say.

|

6/18/2015 5:20 PM

500guy wrote:

Sucks for all the top guy's who went to that Team thinking it was long term that are now out of work.

That camera deal was ...more

Way to jump to conclusions and pile on shit before the press release or knowing any details of what is happening to the staff.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6/18/2015 5:21 PM

500guy wrote:

Crush wrote:

Way to jump to conclusions and pile on shit before the press release or knowing any details of what is happening to the staff. ...more

The Team is done Einstein, They are looking for work.

|

6/18/2015 5:22 PM

500guy wrote:

So Chad should continue to hemorrhage money for years so his staff doesn't have to get new jobs?

|

6/18/2015 5:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/18/2015 5:31 PM

500guy wrote:

The Team is done Einstein, They are looking for work.

Yep the team is allegedly done, but since no one else actually knows what their plans are, where any of the guys are going, if they're being looked after or not, then anything else is speculation. Does it suck if they are given notice, paid out their contracts and let go just like any other job? Not really, that's just normal.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6/18/2015 5:41 PM

500guy wrote:

I bet those guys will be ok.

|

6/18/2015 5:45 PM

BobbyM wrote:

Lars is no slouch with a wrench, either. Any team would be lucky to have any of those three.

I feel bad for Grant, though. This is the second team he's been on that's folded mid season.

|

6/18/2015 5:47 PM

500guy wrote:

JMR1976 wrote:

I bet those guys will be ok.

Yep, he had the best guys in the business working for him. They wont have any problems landing another gig.

|

November 13th, Forever in our memories !!

6/18/2015 5:47 PM

I'm not a Reed fan but if he wasn't happy for whatever reason then good for him for making what was obviously a difficult decision. Now Chad can relax all summer, spend time with his family and come back strong for SX.

|

6/18/2015 5:49 PM

BobbyM wrote:

Sully wrote:

Lars is no slouch with a wrench, either. Any team would be lucky to have any of those three.

I feel bad for Grant, though. ...more

I am sure no matter where he lands he will be taking some of the key personnel with him. It's not the first time that's happened.

|

6/18/2015 5:49 PM

Still feel like he is absolutely capable of winning SX mains....

|

6/18/2015 5:53 PM

ChrisB10 wrote:

Still feel like he is absolutely capable of winning SX mains....

X2

The people that say that he can't have already eaten crow several times over the last few years.

|

6/18/2015 6:07 PM

philG wrote:

Who is going to rush to pick him up ??

I dont see anyone taking a risk.

A risk???

The dude can still win mains and is top easy. How is that a risk?

He will be the best non-signed guy when silly season starts.

|

6/18/2015 6:19 PM

BobbyM wrote:

Sully wrote:

Chadillac661 wrote:

I am sure no matter where he lands he will be taking some of the key personnel with him. It's not the first time that's ...more

Yeah, after reading Micheal's thread, it wouldn't surprise me to see Ozzy named the new manager at "Factory Yamaha," with Goose as Chad's mechanic. Someone above mentioned Grant as a decent fit at Factory Kawasaki, so if that happens, I could see Lars going with him.

|

6/18/2015 6:26 PM

Guess what Ozzy was out of work longer than He should have been last time and the other Teams are already established they can't just hire on more help and expenses.

it's a small industry and the pie is only so big.

|

6/18/2015 6:30 PM

BobbyM wrote:

don't know reed but he knows the sport and can't see him jettisoning all short term, he'll still be around and capable of winning Imho!!

|

6/18/2015 6:34 PM

Sully wrote:

Chadillac661 wrote:

I am sure no matter where he lands he will be taking some of the key personnel with him. It's not the first time that's ...more

Sully wrote:

Yeah, after reading Micheal's thread, it wouldn't surprise me to see Ozzy named the new manager at "Factory Yamaha," with ...more

I don't think you'll be seeing Ozzy at Yamaha... Also, Kawasaki has two mechanics, I doubt Lars would be at Kawi if Grant were to fill-in.

|

6/18/2015 6:39 PM

500guy wrote:

I'll bet Reed's paying out their contracts until the end of the season. He'd be a real arse if he didn't.

|

6/18/2015 6:44 PM

davistld01 wrote:

I'll bet Reed's paying out their contracts until the end of the season. He'd be a real arse if he didn't.

Yes because every millionaire that is losing money just keeps on dishing it out.

Not saying He's leaving them high and dry but thinking He's paying top dollar for nothing is a fantasy.

|

6/18/2015 6:47 PM

500guy wrote:

davistld01 wrote:

In the past he's made decisions based on some consideration about his crew. I would be very surprised to find out that he has done anything less than taking care of them.

|

6/18/2015 6:52 PM

Amazing that people have answers to things I don't at this time
Stay classy Moto industry !

— Chad Reed (@CRtwotwo) June 19, 2015

|

Cheers, Crush

6/18/2015 6:58 PM

Photo
|