Two-strokes back in 2011 US Supercross !

bd
12/30/2010 1:41pm
I am an instant fan. This is a big victory for SX, Fans, Two Strokes, DV, and Yamaha. Looking fwd to hearing brraaap and and smelling two stroke fumes. Thank you DV!
bd
12/30/2010 1:41pm
I am an instant fan. This is a big victory for SX, Fans, Two Strokes, DV, and Yamaha. Looking fwd to hearing brraaap and and smelling two stroke fumes. Thank you DV!
dv12.com
Fantasy
148th
12/30/2010 2:28pm Edited Date/Time 12/30/2010 2:31pm

The chassis is pretty much done... The rest of the pictures are HERE!!!

The Shop

Tiki
Fantasy
1695th
12/30/2010 3:18pm
Very cool. If he fails to show podium results who cares, if he wins. OH BOY IF HE WINS!

He will be a hero. New underdog to root for.
dv12.com
Fantasy
148th
12/30/2010 3:26pm
Tiki wrote:
Very cool. If he fails to show podium results who cares, if he wins. OH BOY IF HE WINS! He will be a hero. New underdog...
Very cool. If he fails to show podium results who cares, if he wins. OH BOY IF HE WINS!

Can't win, can't top 3, can't top 5, can't top 10, Main event will be a good accomplishment...
Tiki
Fantasy
1695th
12/30/2010 3:29pm
Tiki wrote:
Very cool. If he fails to show podium results who cares, if he wins. OH BOY IF HE WINS! He will be a hero. New underdog...

dv12.com wrote:
Can't win, can't top 3, can't top 5, can't top 10, Main event will be a good accomplishment...
Granted he will have a LOT of fans rooting for him in the Main. I like it. Anything is possible if he makes the main. I am trying to be positive in the new year.
12/30/2010 5:20pm
I think they should have him come out before the races and just rev up the bike for all the fans to hear. That would be so sick.
12/30/2010 5:24pm
I think they should have him come out before the races and just rev up the bike for all the fans to hear. That would be...
I think they should have him come out before the races and just rev up the bike for all the fans to hear. That would be so sick.
This is a good idea. Also, I'd like to have him jump a triple and blip the throttle in mid flight. The stadium should be as silent as possible while this happens.
wardy
12/30/2010 5:28pm
I think they should have him come out before the races and just rev up the bike for all the fans to hear. That would be...
half of them would look at each other and wonder what the hell that noise was. the other half would be yellin how cool it was.

12/30/2010 5:37pm
This is a good idea. Also, I'd like to have him jump a triple and blip the throttle in mid flight. The stadium should be as...
This is a good idea. Also, I'd like to have him jump a triple and blip the throttle in mid flight. The stadium should be as silent as possible while this happens.
After hitting a triple he could also blitz the whoops like a mad men and show those overweight four strokes how its done.
12/30/2010 6:04pm
This is a good idea. Also, I'd like to have him jump a triple and blip the throttle in mid flight. The stadium should be as...
After hitting a triple he could also blitz the whoops like a mad men and show those overweight four strokes how its done.
Hell, I'd be ok with him doing a solo 5 lapper! Lol. Seriously though a small showcase for the "underdog on the two-stroke" to raise the drama would be sweet for casual fans and serious moto heads alike.
Hank_Thrill
12/30/2010 6:16pm
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Void Main
12/30/2010 6:55pm
Is that stock plastic? If so, what do you use to make it shine like that?
KellyMac
1/1/2011 8:38am
Hey DV, first off I want to say merci beaucoup for making this happen!!! I was also wondering what number Cedric is going to run in Supercross? Good Luck to you, and the entire Motoconcepts Team!!!
1/1/2011 8:49am
KellyMac wrote:
Hey DV, first off I want to say merci beaucoup for making this happen!!! I was also wondering what number Cedric is going to run in...
Hey DV, first off I want to say merci beaucoup for making this happen!!! I was also wondering what number Cedric is going to run in Supercross? Good Luck to you, and the entire Motoconcepts Team!!!
Im pretty sure he is running 986.
Shawn142
1/1/2011 11:19am
Okay so small question.. has he even been riding a Yamaha and how much time will he even get to put on the race bike? It's one thing to ship his KTM over here but he's gonna be put on a bike he never rides and put on tracks he has never seen. That's a lot to ask of anyone.
1/1/2011 12:06pm
Shawn142 wrote:
Okay so small question.. has he even been riding a Yamaha and how much time will he even get to put on the race bike? It's...
Okay so small question.. has he even been riding a Yamaha and how much time will he even get to put on the race bike? It's one thing to ship his KTM over here but he's gonna be put on a bike he never rides and put on tracks he has never seen. That's a lot to ask of anyone.
I agree, that is the one thing that kind of worries me cause i would really like to see cedric make a main event.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/1/2011 12:10pm Edited Date/Time 1/1/2011 12:10pm
Hell, I'd be ok with him doing a solo 5 lapper! Lol. Seriously though a small showcase for the "underdog on the two-stroke" to raise the...
Hell, I'd be ok with him doing a solo 5 lapper! Lol. Seriously though a small showcase for the "underdog on the two-stroke" to raise the drama would be sweet for casual fans and serious moto heads alike.
You know what the casual fan will be thinking?

"Why does that one bike sound funny?" Smile
Hoodie
1/1/2011 12:14pm
Why no Race tech rear fender? They look much better!
Hoodie
1/1/2011 12:14pm Edited Date/Time 1/1/2011 12:14pm
OW38B
Fantasy
203rd
1/1/2011 12:16pm Edited Date/Time 1/1/2011 12:23pm
GuyB wrote:

Are we sure it will not be "Why do all the other bikes sound funny?" Wink

You guys have to admit, like it or not, that the 2 stroke generates quite a bit of interest............................................at least in here. Cool
yosmithy
1/1/2011 12:21pm
Hell, I'd be ok with him doing a solo 5 lapper! Lol. Seriously though a small showcase for the "underdog on the two-stroke" to raise the...
GuyB wrote:

My goodness, I'm starting to wonder if you were waterboarded with Blenzoil in your childhood?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/1/2011 12:26pm
Jeez, some people make WAY too much out of my comments. Smile

When there are 79 of one type bike, and one of another, which one is the one that "sounds funny?"

Anyway, my point is that the casual fan (and by that, I mean the ones that come out because they like "Watching them dirtsickles fly") wouldn't know the difference 'tween a two-stroke, four-stroke, and a Wankel rotary.
yosmithy
1/1/2011 12:40pm
GuyB wrote:
Jeez, some people make WAY too much out of my comments. :) When there are 79 of one type bike, and one of another, which one...

When there are 79 of one type bike, and one of another, which one is the one that "sounds funny?"

Anyway, my point is that the casual fan (and by that, I mean the ones that come out because they like "Watching them dirtsickles fly") wouldn't know the difference 'tween a two-stroke, four-stroke, and a Wankel rotary.
Sorry, that was totally out of line on my part.

I was sexually assaulted with and exhaust valve by the camp counselor years ago, and it makes me crazy in the head sometimes.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/1/2011 12:47pm
With french wonderkid Cédric Soubeyras !

Team Yamaha Motoconcept, 250YZ, 6 races (from Phoenix to San Diego).

Excellent news !!!
Sorry to hear it. I suggest lots of really expensive therapy. That might do the trick. Wink
1/1/2011 12:49pm Edited Date/Time 1/1/2011 12:53pm
GuyB wrote:
Jeez, some people make WAY too much out of my comments. :) When there are 79 of one type bike, and one of another, which one...

A good way to introduce the real sound of motocross racing to the casual fans! Brapppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp Brappppppppppppp!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRM_arvJ1UQ
MX7MX
1/1/2011 1:29pm
bd wrote:
I am an instant fan. This is a big victory for SX, Fans, Two Strokes, DV, and Yamaha. Looking fwd to hearing brraaap and and smelling...
Ummm, didnt they try last year? Wheres the victory?
newmann
1/1/2011 2:30pm
The victory lies in the fact that there are shitloads of 4 stroke dust collectors in the dealerships. The 2 stroke fans are currently speaking with their wallets. Too bad the mfgs. can't build and sell both and everyone would be happy......well that and a fair displacement rule in pro racing. Anyone who thinks the oem's couldn't produce both are just smoking crack. They don't seem to have any problem building thirty different 4 wheelers or eighty different cruisers.

It's one thing when a few message board wackos go off on something but there are 16,000 views on this thread started because DV , a proffessional racer turned team manager is bringing a 2 stroke to the gate. Jeremy McGrath commented on national television that the big heavy 450's don't like to stop or turn, that in itself should make the four stroke sheep take notice. Mitch Payton talking about how he can't do things in house anymore because he is so dependent on outside vendors to supply him with parts speaks volumes to all who are not blind.

Post a reply to: Two-strokes back in 2011 US Supercross !

The Latest