Two-strokes back in 2011 US Supercross !

12/23/2010 9:17am
is the blue line the standard yz advance curve? (before engine mods)
good luck DV, and good luck cedric!- there will be thousands of people routing for you at each stadium, itll be music to my ears having a 2 stroke back at the races!
40Plus_922mx
12/23/2010 10:13am
No matter how you slice it. A two stroke will get smoked by modern 450's. Ask MC, DV, and Tyler Evans.
mxknowitall
12/23/2010 10:21am Edited Date/Time 12/23/2010 10:21am
No matter how you slice it. A two stroke will get smoked by modern 450's. Ask MC, DV, and Tyler Evans.
+1

It's a cute experiment, but he's gonna struggle and barely be noticed. A majority of the people in the stands aren't knowledgeable of the sport. The whole "he has a really high number so he must suck" crowd. Die hards (or even two stroke die hards) make up a very, very small amount of the people in attendance at SX races. For example, I sat in front of a guy at Jax last year that asked me why RC wasn't racing.

The Shop

OW38B
Fantasy
181st
12/23/2010 10:31am
`ol Ger wrote:
THEY SHOULD LET HIM RACE IN THE LESS-FILLING CLASS.
Let him race his 250cc bike in the 250cc class?.............. What's with all this crazy talk. Cool
Rupert X
12/23/2010 10:33am

So true, ask Dave JONES !
mxknowitall
12/23/2010 10:34am
Rupert X wrote:

So true, ask Dave JONES !
Vet B/C is just a little different than 450 SX...
12/23/2010 10:36am
mac3-d wrote:
great news. Q. with the news of lap times being 50 sec or less for sx this year. the last all 2 ST race being around...
great news. Q. with the news of lap times being 50 sec or less for sx this year. the last all 2 ST race being around 60 sec (if memory is correct) have the 4 ST got faster over the years or are the tracks being shortened ?
I think the lap time have come down because the tracks have been made to suite the new style heavy bikes they, dont like tight turns or deep nasty whoops, instead you just get nice big bowl turns, hence the lower lap times

if the tracks were 2 stroke friendy then Cedric would make short work of the 4 strokes and viceversa

Propaganda!
12/23/2010 10:55am
mac3-d wrote:
great news. Q. with the news of lap times being 50 sec or less for sx this year. the last all 2 ST race being around...
great news. Q. with the news of lap times being 50 sec or less for sx this year. the last all 2 ST race being around 60 sec (if memory is correct) have the 4 ST got faster over the years or are the tracks being shortened ?
Here's your answer about the tracks, and the shorter lap times.

Here's Phoenix 2005 (Last Year for Factory Supported "A" list Pros on 2 strokes) - http://amapromail.com/pdfresults/sx/2005/02-phoenix/trackmap.pdf

Here's Phoenix 2007 (This is the height of the 4 Stroke Hype Era when NO ONE was on a 2 stroke) - http://amapromail.com/pdfresults/sx/2007/02-phoenix/trackmap.pdf

Both of these Phoenix Tracks are at the Bank One/Chase Field Ballpark, so the playing field's dimensions are the same.

Notice how much shorter, and less complex in every way, the track is....

The tracks have been dumbed down and shortened in MANY cases to be more FOOPER friendly...

So when you see the shorter, supposedly "Faster" lap times just remember that when a track is 40% shorter it's really no big accomplishment.

Thanks,

Jim
Void Main
12/23/2010 10:58am
Sure, as long as the unfair advantage exists in the rulebook for the 450.
Propaganda!
12/23/2010 11:01am
That's a nice idea but I'd rather ask someone who doesn't have to say 450's are better because they want to be able to get another job in this industry in the future, or keep the one they currently have, or maybe just keep the perks or checks or whatever flowing their way....
12/23/2010 11:39am
The King finished top 10 on a smoker in 06 numerous times... why can't Cedric make a main? It's not like Jeremy was in his prime.
jordan414
12/23/2010 11:41am
I wish I could pay Chad Reed to race a 2 stroke... He was incredible on those..
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
12/23/2010 11:45am
+1 It's a cute experiment, but he's gonna struggle and barely be noticed. A majority of the people in the stands aren't knowledgeable of the sport...
+1

It's a cute experiment, but he's gonna struggle and barely be noticed. A majority of the people in the stands aren't knowledgeable of the sport. The whole "he has a really high number so he must suck" crowd. Die hards (or even two stroke die hards) make up a very, very small amount of the people in attendance at SX races. For example, I sat in front of a guy at Jax last year that asked me why RC wasn't racing.
Everyone already knows about Cedric anyway. Look how long this thread has gotten in just a few days. The guy raced over in Genova (or where ever) and people from all over were immediately talking about "the guy on the two stroke." If you think 2-stroke people make up a small amount of the motocross population just look at the petition (www.gopetition.com/petitions/38076.html). It's up to 3185 signatures! This is with limited exposure, too. I know you were talking about in attendance at SX events, buta rider's popularity and impact on the sport doesn't always come from his fans at a SX race. There will be a large majority watching these races just to see how this guy does, and to see his bike. The only thing that matters is If he makes the main. In fact, he's already a hero, and so is DV.
dv12.com
Fantasy
134th
12/23/2010 11:58am
+1 It's a cute experiment, but he's gonna struggle and barely be noticed. A majority of the people in the stands aren't knowledgeable of the sport...
+1

By the way, I am the highest number to ever win a main event... I am sure a lot of people were asking who I was when that happened... ;-)
englishman
12/23/2010 12:03pm
dv12.com wrote:
By the way, I am the highest number to ever win a main event... I am sure a lot of people were asking who I was...
By the way, I am the highest number to ever win a main event... I am sure a lot of people were asking who I was when that happened... ;-)
Nah, with that crazy ass riding style you got EVERYONE knew who you were.Wink

I do agree with mxknowitall , I'm pretty sure half the spectators aren't sure if they are going to a monster truck deal , an SX or a tractor pull 'till they get there. They just know there will be dirt and noise.
Broc
12/23/2010 12:11pm
+1

dv12.com wrote:
By the way, I am the highest number to ever win a main event... I am sure a lot of people were asking who I was...
Larry Ward has you beat for highest 3 digit number to win an outdoor National. 971

12/23/2010 12:14pm
+1

dv12.com wrote:
934?
dv12.com
Fantasy
134th
12/23/2010 12:16pm
Broc wrote:
Larry Ward has you beat for highest 3 digit number to win an outdoor National. 971

I said "Main"... They don't have those outdoors...
Propaganda!
12/23/2010 12:27pm
David you were already a legend when that happened, just more so after it happened! And now here you go changing the game again.

This thread is about 22 or 23 hours old, not a few days old as Burn stated above...

In that time, it has gathered well over 100 replies and over 6,000 views! People are more interested in this than they are in any of the recent topics on this forum, other than maybe "Ken Roczen in Ca."... which has just a couple more views.

What's that say about Pro Racing as of late? It says, "Something's Fuched Up".

Lots of people are bored with Marketing Department mandated Lawnmowercross Racing!

The current racing isn't quite as good and exciting as it was before, and people have had enough! The field has held nothing but 4 stroke bikes for years now, but it's not that way for the right reasons and that's obvious to everyone....

Team Motoconcepts effort represents the first demonstration of truth to hit pro racing since it became a Marketing Department snow job in 2006, and I have a feeling that many many people everywhere will be thanking you for your efforts for a long time to come!

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Jim

NP301
12/23/2010 12:51pm
Hanaa80 wrote:
Any idea how good the YZ 250 is compared to his KTM?
crap
12/23/2010 1:28pm
Hanaa80 wrote:
Any idea how good the YZ 250 is compared to his KTM?
NP301 wrote:
crap
the yam 250 2 strokes are great
But the stock 250 SX from KTM is a lot better, I would say...
nc_mx_kid
12/23/2010 1:33pm
good for 2strokes, good for yamaha, Motoconcepts, and Cedric!!!
Rupert X
12/23/2010 1:35pm

Perhaps 2011 will be known as " The Year Of The Two-Stroke " and those that

dismiss the new 2 smoke revolution will be swept up by the vigorous hype and

hubbub - finding themselves frying up Bel-Ray at 40: 1 in their naughty wife's

favorite wok, while nobody's home because they've gone to Aunt Judy's house

instead of a real vacation - because 4 stroke-guy blew his 450 motor and, has

to buy $2600 worth of metal parts for his exploding contraption....

Buwwwhaaahaaaa......BRAAAAAAPPPPPPPPP. GO CEDRIC ZEE ENTERTAINER !!!
12/23/2010 1:49pm
mac3-d wrote:
Here's your answer about the tracks, and the shorter lap times. Here's Phoenix 2005 (Last Year for Factory Supported "A" list Pros on 2 strokes) -...

Here's Phoenix 2005 (Last Year for Factory Supported "A" list Pros on 2 strokes) - http://amapromail.com/pdfresults/sx/2005/02-phoenix/trackmap.pdf

Here's Phoenix 2007 (This is the height of the 4 Stroke Hype Era when NO ONE was on a 2 stroke) - http://amapromail.com/pdfresults/sx/2007/02-phoenix/trackmap.pdf

Both of these Phoenix Tracks are at the Bank One/Chase Field Ballpark, so the playing field's dimensions are the same.

The tracks have been dumbed down and shortened in MANY cases to be more FOOPER friendly...

So when you see the shorter, supposedly "Faster" lap times just remember that when a track is 40% shorter it's really no big accomplishment.

Thanks,

Jim
I see the 2005 track has 9 turns and 3 of them at 180 degrees and the 2007 track has 7 turns and 1 at 180 degrees.

all this adds up to the new track lower lap times and 4 strokes being gay

Dropbear
12/23/2010 1:52pm
SX just became interesting again! Just hope the current roller coaster tracks don't favour the 4 strokes too much in Cedric' s quest.
Marshj
12/23/2010 2:39pm Edited Date/Time 12/23/2010 2:45pm
mac3-d wrote:
Here's your answer about the tracks, and the shorter lap times. Here's Phoenix 2005 (Last Year for Factory Supported "A" list Pros on 2 strokes) -...

Thanks,

Jim
Nine Lanes vs Six. 6/9ths of the length track...

That's 1/3 less area- No wonder the lap times are so short

Edit

And with scottys note on the number of turns/angle- - you boys have really pointed out some qualifiable evidence of track changes- -
sec114
12/23/2010 2:56pm
Blake wrote:
Hey Sponsors................dig this.........Nascar racers have fans and buy their shit whether they win or not. I support racers on 2 strokes since I can actually stand...
Hey Sponsors................dig this.........Nascar racers have fans and buy their shit whether they win or not.

I support racers on 2 strokes since I can actually stand to watch and listen to them.

I'd rather watch MC get 10th on a 2 stroke than win on a 4.

Like Phoenix, he could have pulled off after the start for me to be a fan.

Go Cedric.
x2

Post a reply to: Two-strokes back in 2011 US Supercross !

The Latest