Two Lap All Out Sprint Series. Who Ya Got?

Edited Date/Time 6/8/2018 7:21am
Alright, you have one pick across all events (edit: aka you get the same rider that competes in each event, not a different rider for each):

Outdoor (U.S.) Moto
Outdoor (GP) Moto
Supercross
Straight Rhythm (2 lap rule obviously not applied here - only one pass)

Consider every rider to be in their prime. Your rider competes in a two lap sprint aside from Straight Rhythm in each event (So maybe a Dungey isn't the best choice and a Hansen is for example). With normal moto scoring (Ex: 1-1-4-2 beats out 2-2-1-6 with straight rhythm being the tie breaker) who ya got to come out on top?

For me, its a toss up between JS7 and RV. Having to pick I would probably choose RV though, because I can see Stew wadding eventually in an all out sprint series.
|
motomike137
6/8/2018 7:12am Edited Date/Time 6/8/2018 7:17am
Marty Tripes or Mike Hartwig.

Seriously I'd probably take James. But 2016 Ken Roczen would be pretty tough to beat!

edit #3 I might throw Bam Bam in the mix also. When he gets a holeshot he can really blaze for a couple of laps.
Ray_MXS
6/8/2018 7:14am
Stew all day. Remember that the guy actually pretty much came off the couch to win the straight rhythm one year. In his prime, definitely Stew for me.
6/8/2018 7:17am
Actually, I'm going to change my pick to Alessi solely based on his starting ability. Surely in his prime he could hold off the field for two laps in each event.

The Shop

6/8/2018 7:26am Edited Date/Time 6/8/2018 7:28am
If it's always against only 1 competitor, definitely James Stewart.
Sorry I didn't specify, Straight Rhythm would be the only event against one rider (just assume your rider gets to the end in the knock out format). All other events are against a whole field of the best riders in the world.
agn5009
6/8/2018 7:27am
-2015 pre injury Tomac
-Herlings
-RV
-Tomac

crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
6/8/2018 7:28am
Two laps? Maybe CP377. Sounds like a joke but that guy was really fast on one or two laps.
Probably not as fast as stew though
agn5009
6/8/2018 7:29am
Ray_MXS wrote:
Stew all day. Remember that the guy actually pretty much came off the couch to win the straight rhythm one year. In his prime, definitely Stew...
Stew all day. Remember that the guy actually pretty much came off the couch to win the straight rhythm one year. In his prime, definitely Stew for me.
Against red bull riders like Musquin, Dungey, etc. You know, guys who aren't known for their all out brute speed. Put him up against Tomac, Herlings or RV and we may be having a different discussion.
Ray_MXS
6/8/2018 7:32am
Ray_MXS wrote:
Stew all day. Remember that the guy actually pretty much came off the couch to win the straight rhythm one year. In his prime, definitely Stew...
agn5009 wrote:
Against red bull riders like Musquin, Dungey, etc. You know, guys who aren't known for their all out brute speed. Put him up against Tomac, Herlings...
Against red bull riders like Musquin, Dungey, etc. You know, guys who aren't known for their all out brute speed. Put him up against Tomac, Herlings or RV and we may be having a different discussion.
We are talking Stew in his prime here. I agree all those riders are crazy fast but when JS7 was on his game back in the day, it was something else
FRANK121
6/8/2018 7:34am
Alright, you have one pick across all events (edit: aka you get the same rider that competes in each event, not a different rider for each)...
Alright, you have one pick across all events (edit: aka you get the same rider that competes in each event, not a different rider for each):

Outdoor (U.S.) Moto
Outdoor (GP) Moto
Supercross

Consider every rider to be in their prime. Your rider competes in a two lap sprint aside from Straight Rhythm in each event (So maybe a Dungey isn't the best choice and a Hansen is for example). With normal moto scoring (Ex: 1-1-4-2 beats out 2-2-1-6 with straight rhythm being the tie breaker) who ya got to come out on top?

For me, its a toss up between JS7 and RV. Having to pick I would probably choose RV though, because I can see Stew wadding eventually in an all out sprint series.
Outdoor US - In his Prime RV
Outdoor GP - Hearlings
Supercross - In His Prime the "Goat" RC
Straight Rhythm - In His Prime "Bubba" JS
6/8/2018 7:35am
Ray_MXS wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
Against red bull riders like Musquin, Dungey, etc. You know, guys who aren't known for their all out brute speed. Put him up against Tomac, Herlings...
Ray_MXS wrote:
We are talking Stew in his prime here. I agree all those riders are crazy fast but when JS7 was on his game back in the...
We are talking Stew in his prime here. I agree all those riders are crazy fast but when JS7 was on his game back in the day, it was something else
Thats also assuming Stew stays up in a series based on going balls to the walls. No way he can maintain that across all four events in my opinion.
agn5009
6/8/2018 7:37am
Ray_MXS wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
Ray_MXS wrote:
We are talking Stew in his prime here. I agree all those riders are crazy fast but when JS7 was on his game back in the...
I don't believe for one second prime Stewart would beat prime Tomac. Just my opinion.
6/8/2018 7:37am
Alright, you have one pick across all events (edit: aka you get the same rider that competes in each event, not a different rider for each)...

Outdoor (U.S.) Moto
Outdoor (GP) Moto
Supercross

FRANK121 wrote:
Outdoor US - In his Prime RV Outdoor GP - Hearlings Supercross - In His Prime the "Goat" RC Straight Rhythm - In His Prime "Bubba"...
Outdoor GP - Hearlings
I guess I need to clarify in my original post. I meant you get one rider that has to compete in each event, no a different choice for each.
Turbojez
6/8/2018 7:40am Edited Date/Time 6/8/2018 7:43am
Pre-Broken-Neck Dungey. The only rider fast enough to be on top in all 4 categories without crashing his brains out by going 1% over his capabilities. I see him as the best rider in history, when it comes to riding as close to the limit as possible.
Turbojez
6/8/2018 7:44am
agn5009 wrote:
I don't believe for one second prime Stewart would beat prime Tomac. Just my opinion.
After last year I honestly don't think even Stew could beat Marv in RBSR. Marvin was outstandable.
agn5009
6/8/2018 7:44am

Outdoor (U.S.) Moto
Outdoor (GP) Moto
Supercross

FRANK121 wrote:
Outdoor US - In his Prime RV Outdoor GP - Hearlings Supercross - In His Prime the "Goat" RC Straight Rhythm - In His Prime "Bubba"...
Outdoor GP - Hearlings
I guess I need to clarify in my original post. I meant you get one rider that has to compete in each event, no a different...
I guess I need to clarify in my original post. I meant you get one rider that has to compete in each event, no a different choice for each.
I don't know how anyone wouldn't pick RC in that scenario then.
FRANK121
6/8/2018 7:52am
I tend to agree .... In his prime RC would hang it out and smoke everyone in all these events! ...... That is why he is the "GOAT"
6/8/2018 7:57am Edited Date/Time 6/8/2018 7:58am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Depends on who gets the start.
Exactly why I said Alessi. In his prime he's easily the best starter
HenryA
6/8/2018 8:04am
RV, RC or JS.
2011 Reed was also crazy fast both indoors after they got the bike sorted and truly amazing outdoors before his big crash.

KennyT
Fantasy
233rd
6/8/2018 8:15am
For 2 laps I would have to go with Stewart....hands down the fastest guy I’ve ever seen.
kb228
6/8/2018 8:41am
RV for all of them. Not even eli or herlings can touch him at his prime
BroFoSho
6/8/2018 9:14am
Because these are all two lap races, it's basically who is best a throwing down a hot lap, and starts/getting through the field.

100% 2007/2008 Stewart. Would smoke any rider in any era in this style of racing. Even he could hold it together for two laps lol.
There is a reason he was called The Fastest Man On The Planet....
FRANK121
6/8/2018 11:10am
If it's down to starts...then probably Emig (faster than Alessi)
Didn't McGrath constantly smoke Emig, plus I just don't see Emig doing good in the straight rhythm!

Post a reply to: Two Lap All Out Sprint Series. Who Ya Got?

The Latest