Twitch New Sponsors

Related:
Create New Tag

2/8/2020 11:03 AM

I noticed this a few weeks ago, and I'm surprised no one on here has commented (my apologies if I missed it, but vital's search function is pretty useless). He parted ways with long time sponsors Kawi and Fox/Shift for Honda, Fasthouse, and a TBD boot company. I figured that maybe his contracts were up and maybe he wanted a change, but today he posted on Instagram wearing Fox instincts with the logos sprayed out. Would it be wrong to speculate they could have ended on bad terms? Just seemed a little excessive...

|

Two wheels, tacos, and tubes

2/8/2020 12:24 PM

Couldn't run to the store to get some white paint? haha. More people will notice he is running Fox than if he just left them standard.

Noticed he had a black pair blacked out a few weeks back.

|

2/8/2020 12:27 PM

Who?

|

2/8/2020 12:57 PM

Probably came down to money, twitch and hodges would be bringing way more attention to the gear companies they are wearing compared to majority of riders currently racing.

|

There are two kinds of people against dirt bikes, those who never tried and those who weren't good at them.

2/8/2020 1:06 PM

So gangster

|

2/8/2020 2:23 PM

LungButter wrote:

Who?

Good Question

|

2/8/2020 2:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/8/2020 2:29 PM

|

2/8/2020 2:30 PM

xrmark wrote:

Photo
|

2/8/2020 2:38 PM

xrmark wrote:

xrmark wrote: Photo

Well, that answers that!

|

Two wheels, tacos, and tubes

2/8/2020 5:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/8/2020 5:23 PM

What a petty fucking thing to do by blacking out the logos....I 100% guarantee you he got those boots for free too and since Fox didnt offer him enough money, it seems....he goes "social media gangster" to let all his followers know.
Such a "cool guy" move brooo....way to make a statement. I'm sure the FOX guys are just laughing at his ass....he sure burned Fox good with that post. "Paladise" .....hahaha

Honestly I don't really mind Twitch hes still a helluva rider but hes definitely on the downside of relevancy and doesnt seem to be accepting it well.

|

2/8/2020 5:22 PM

Seems petty as shit. Especially after getting free shit for years from those companies.

|

2/8/2020 5:48 PM

Lightning78 wrote:

What a petty fucking thing to do by blacking out the logos....I 100% guarantee you he got those boots for free too and since Fox didnt offer him enough money, it seems....he goes "social media gangster" to let all his followers know.
Such a "cool guy" move brooo....way to make a statement. I'm sure the FOX guys are just laughing at his ass....he sure burned Fox good with that post. "Paladise" .....hahaha

Honestly I don't really mind Twitch hes still a helluva rider but hes definitely on the downside of relevancy and doesnt seem to be accepting it well.

Any publicity is good publicity.

|

2/8/2020 5:53 PM

Lightning78 wrote:

You seem hurt

|

2/8/2020 8:41 PM

Vital always brings the insider goods haha. Not smart to “big time” Twitch. He has a huge following.

|

2/9/2020 1:41 AM

Lightning78 wrote:

Why advertise for free? Of course he got them for free. But by what he posted the contract is up...so why would he keep advertising their gear.

Would you do some free work for your last company after youve changed jobs?

|

There are two kinds of people against dirt bikes, those who never tried and those who weren't good at them.

2/9/2020 1:48 AM

Where Twitch been last 5-10 years? He doesnt do big stunt stuff like Hodges guy and havent seen any FMX competitions. Is it all about social media and jumping at hills?

|

2/9/2020 4:29 AM

Lightning78 wrote:

Aussie_power_sports wrote:

Why advertise for free? Of course he got them for free. But by what he posted the contract is up...so why would he keep advertising their gear.

By being so obvious, he is advertising for free. Why not just drop a few hundred bucks on a different brand from his local shop? I’m sure a guy like Twitch could afford it.

|

2/9/2020 6:44 AM

Lightning78 wrote:

Sully wrote:

By being so obvious, he is advertising for free. Why not just drop a few hundred bucks on a different brand from his local shop? I’m sure a guy like Twitch could afford it.

Probably because he really likes the boots?

|

2/9/2020 6:55 AM

LungButter wrote:

Who?

1911 wrote:

Good Question

Jeremy Stenberg

|

2/9/2020 7:56 AM

I cant believe anyone wants to sponsor him TBH. He is a 45 year old ex fmx rider who was relevant in the 90s, but not anymore.

Im surprised he keeps this horse and pony show on the road, let along bitching that he didn't get a gear deal.

Whats his next minor publicity stunt? Ride a harely thru some planks? LAME

|

"Are you kidding me guy? You know how hard I grease it"

2/9/2020 9:29 AM

motokiwi wrote:

I cant believe anyone wants to sponsor him TBH. He is a 45 year old ex fmx rider who was relevant in the 90s, but not anymore.

Im surprised he keeps this horse and pony show on the road, let along bitching that he didn't get a gear deal.

You can be surprised all you want but he’s got a big following and he’s very relevant. A way bigger following than most of the top 10 racers. He’s also running dirt bike kidz.

Good for anyone that can make a living riding a motorcycle anyway they can. It’s probably a lot harder making a living free riding now a days but there are a bunch of guys doing it. And They are a lot more popular than most racers

|

2/9/2020 9:51 AM

Lightning78 wrote:

Fox and or shift have sponsored him for YEARS and I'm more than sure they've paid him well...... couldn't just thank them? It's really hard for me to explain this in typing but even in the working world it's common knowledge to not badmouth your previous employer right?
It's not just the boots...calling it "paladise" instead of fox raceway was another jab at them .....and for what? It seems they made him an offer he didnt feel was high enough.
I just cant get on board with making social media posts and calling it "work" ...... my feelings aren't hurt and I don't work for any of these companies, and hes probably ridden there for free for years as well.
Nobodys seemed to notice hes not on Kawi's anymore either.
I just feel like some riders are so out of touch with the actual reality of how good they have it being not only paid to ride and getting expensive product for free.

|

2/9/2020 9:52 AM

Lightning78 wrote:

Sully wrote:

Exactly

|

2/9/2020 10:09 AM

rehan53 wrote:

Jeremy Stenberg

Who?

|

2/9/2020 11:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/9/2020 11:11 AM

Sooo....he can wear whatever boots he wants....and even though he's at odds with Fox, he wears their boots. Looks like pretty good advertising for Fox to me.

|

2/9/2020 11:33 AM

motokiwi wrote:

Pretty sure he's 38 years old, and he definitely has a large group of loyal fans. He also rides a dirtbike damn well Bro!

|

United States of America

2/9/2020 12:01 PM

The average twitch fan cant read.... so this thread is useless.

|

2/9/2020 12:28 PM

So much of social media is like a crack baby produced by a Jr. High school popularity contest and a shitty reality T.V. show that drunk fucked while jacked on Special K in a porta potty at Coachella.

Aside from that, I do like Twitch. Parked next to him a few times and he was nothing but totally cool to this old, slow guy.

But social media is a strange place . . . it's where someone can cry foul while being in the wrong and gain massive support. (Hi Karen!) Or where someone can do the right thing like save some rabbits from burning to death in a brush fire and they will get just worked over for upsetting the balance of nature. It's whacky.

|

2/9/2020 5:05 PM

Lightning78 wrote:

Lightning78 wrote:

Fox and or shift have sponsored him for YEARS and I'm more than sure they've paid him well...... couldn't just thank them? It's really hard for me to explain this in typing but even in the working world it's common knowledge to not badmouth your previous employer right?
It's not just the boots...calling it "paladise" instead of fox raceway was another jab at them .....and for what? It seems they made him an offer he didnt feel was high enough.
I just cant get on board with making social media posts and calling it "work" ...... my feelings aren't hurt and I don't work for any of these companies, and hes probably ridden there for free for years as well.
Nobodys seemed to notice hes not on Kawi's anymore either.
I just feel like some riders are so out of touch with the actual reality of how good they have it being not only paid to ride and getting expensive product for free.

Paladise wasnt a diss lol. I still hear lots of people call it Pala. And if you comprehend the sentence he calls it paladise cause it's been awesome lately.

|

2/9/2020 5:11 PM

FWYT wrote:

So much of social media is like a crack baby produced by a Jr. High school popularity contest and a shitty reality T.V. show that drunk fucked while jacked on Special K in a porta potty at Coachella.

Aside from that, I do like Twitch. Parked next to him a few times and he was nothing but totally cool to this old, slow guy.

But social media is a strange place . . . it's where someone can cry foul while being in the wrong and gain massive support. (Hi Karen!) Or where someone can do the right thing like save some rabbits from burning to death in a brush fire and they will get just worked over for upsetting the balance of nature. It's whacky.

Hahahaha that social media description is awesome man! Spot fucking on!

|