Turning throttle like door knob?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/28/2013 7:58 AM

I've heard this a couple of times and just don't picture how this is accomplished, any input on this

While we are on the subject of over gripping, try this trick. It makes a big difference in your control with or without the Lightning. At the apex of every left hand corner, rotate your wrist inwards then grip the throttle. Twist the throttle like a door knob and your elbow will be up and out and you'll have much more control. It will automatically pull you up towards the bars and into the attack position. Actually do it with your left side for right hand corners also. You'll be amazed at how much difference it makes.

|

6/28/2013 9:49 AM

make sure and wear an orange helmet when you do it too......

|

rickys james mc hannah 469...ama pro career wins...and counting
which means these riders have an average of 92 wins ea...
which is equal to over 3 years of winning every single sx and natl each...
15 years of absolute total 100% domination ...just sayin' ...

6/28/2013 9:54 AM

And add one tooth to the rear sprocket. It wont work unless you do that.

|

Are you smart enough to buy a bike that costs less, weighs less, makes more horsepower per cubic centimeter, can be rebuilt for recycled aluminum can money and is giggle inducing? It is hard to believe that the American riding public flunks this test en masse. How stupid are you?

6/28/2013 9:54 AM

What they are describing is better described by saying that you end up holding the grip like you would a screwdriver. Put your hand on screwdriver handle like you were going to tighten a screw with your right hand, or loosen it with your left hand. This is what they mean. It does make a difference in the turns when you stop holding the outside grip like a pull-up bar.

|

6/28/2013 9:58 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/28/2013 10:00 AM

They're talking about re gripping the throttle. Gary Bailey has long been a proponent for this practice. Entering a corner or in the air, actually let go of your grip and roll your wrist forward to help get your arm/arms back to a more advantageous position to control the bike.

If not, that's what they should mean!

|

6/28/2013 9:59 AM

dazzlindino wrote:

Does Gary Bailey wear an orange helmet?

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

6/28/2013 10:01 AM

dazzlindino wrote:

mx317 wrote:

I think it's a purple helmet....

Was that in bad taste?

|

6/28/2013 10:07 AM

dazzlindino wrote:

mx317 wrote:

slipdog wrote:

Was that in bad taste?

No, not at all. We posted at almost the same time and I just remembered Gary Bailey saying that also. I think they were trying to say that MXA was saying that, not Gary.

|

6/28/2013 10:42 AM

mx317 wrote:

slipdog wrote:

Was that in bad taste?

mx317 wrote:

No, not at all. We posted at almost the same time and I just remembered Gary Bailey saying that also. I think they were trying to say that MXA was saying that, not Gary.

You missed Slip Dog's burn on Gary getting caught with his "pants down"...

|

6/28/2013 10:54 AM

Twisting the wrist instead of dropping your elbow down to turn the throttle. It works well if you're sitting at the front of the seat with your elbows up/out.

E-Man-811, I like the screw driver analogy better.

|

6/28/2013 12:07 PM

yak651 wrote:

You missed Slip Dog's burn on Gary getting caught with his "pants down"...

Ha Ha, yes I missed that! I do remember the Wendy's incident though! LOL

|

6/28/2013 2:38 PM

I twist something like a doorknob... but it ain't the throttle!

|

6/28/2013 2:57 PM

I've been working this into my game, it helps a lot. Keeps you in a more controlled, attack position. Just hard to form habits, like anything else in riding MX, whether it be re-gripping, elbows up, breathing, looking ahead.

|

Osama Bin Mixin - Head of the 2-stroke Taliban

6/28/2013 4:36 PM

slipdog wrote:

They're talking about re gripping the throttle. Gary Bailey has long been a proponent for this practice. Entering a corner or in the air, actually let go of your grip and roll your wrist forward to help get your arm/arms back to a more advantageous position to control the bike.

Nope! Over gripping and gripping the throttle like a door knob....two different things.

|

6/28/2013 6:22 PM

Are you talking about counter steering with the palms of your hands? Made a huge difference on my street bike. What was that book A Twist Of The Wrist?

|

If you love it lube it

6/28/2013 6:37 PM

I'm confused dizzy

|

2019 KTM 250 SX
2016 Husqvarna FC-450
2015 KTM 150 SX
2015 KTM 200 XC-W

6/28/2013 7:16 PM

Tomok wrote:

I'm confused dizzy

This will jog your mind ....errr memory
Photo

|

" Some people value their opinions a little too much around here and have a hair less sense of humor than may be required. It's all in fun for me and I can't think of anyone here that I wouldn't buy a beer for including OldFart ." ~Newman~

6/28/2013 7:21 PM

slipdog wrote:

Motoxdoc wrote:

Nope! Over gripping and gripping the throttle like a door knob....two different things.

Realized after I posted and read E-man's response that I miss read the OP. I edited it to say " that's what they should mean" in hopes that nobody would notice I just skimmed the OP. Sooooo... Yeah, thanks for ratting me out! tongue

|