Turn out looks about 8,506

dennis90
Edited Date/Time 9/10/2012 11:27am
NOTE: This is my gross estimation based on my television viewing and having been to elsie a billion times

wow, nobody showed up at elsinore

place should be PACKED being in the heart of the 909

also the dirt looks like slimy elsinore soil
|
enketchum
9/8/2012 2:40pm
People don't want to stand in the dusty sun all day. Are there even trees?
dennis90
9/8/2012 2:53pm
This was a year or two in the making...they had time...they put effort...and it failed. Eliminating Glen Helen has been a failed experiment.

The Shop

bobby397
9/8/2012 2:59pm
dennis90 wrote:
This was a year or two in the making...they had time...they put effort...and it failed. Eliminating Glen Helen has been a failed experiment.
How about just leaving SoCal and hosting another national else where. Give it up, Glen Helen isn't coming back anytime soon. Reguardless if fans liked the track, 75% of the riders hated it.
Hando
9/8/2012 3:07pm
dennis90 wrote:
bobby397 wrote:
How about just leaving SoCal and hosting another national else where. Give it up, Glen Helen isn't coming back anytime soon. Reguardless if fans liked the...
How about just leaving SoCal and hosting another national else where. Give it up, Glen Helen isn't coming back anytime soon. Reguardless if fans liked the track, 75% of the riders hated it.
naa...Socal needs ONE national..however..i do think the south needs one.
bobby397
9/8/2012 3:18pm
dennis90 wrote:
bobby397 wrote:
How about just leaving SoCal and hosting another national else where. Give it up, Glen Helen isn't coming back anytime soon. Reguardless if fans liked the...
Hando wrote:
naa...Socal needs ONE national..however..i do think the south needs one.
Oh I agree, but they would finally see how lucky they are to have one
stillwelding
9/8/2012 4:18pm
It's the last National of the year, and that's all they get? There's 50,000 people working in the M/C industry within 2 hours of Lake Elsinore.
SlowMoFo
9/8/2012 6:03pm
Dry I don't understand how a track like Glen Hellen can be out of the circuit!
mxjef
9/8/2012 6:14pm
It's the last National of the year, and that's all they get? There's 50,000 people working in the M/C industry within 2 hours of Lake Elsinore.
I saw a few people that "work in the industry" riding at Glen Helen today.
jasonv43
9/8/2012 6:22pm
Just got back from the races. Crowds looked fine to me. And I didn't see one fly out there today.Wink
DonM
9/8/2012 6:25pm
dennis90 wrote:
NOTE: This is my gross estimation based on my television viewing and having been to elsie a billion times wow, nobody showed up at elsinore place...
NOTE: This is my gross estimation based on my television viewing and having been to elsie a billion times

And you counted them from your television...GH is not coming back get over it.
Pdub
9/8/2012 6:28pm
Yeah, and they've all been to Elsinore before and decided to sit this one out. (sarcasm)

Seriously, with the 450 title already determined, and about a million other cool things to do on a hot SoCal afternoon, it's a tough sell. Add in the fact that the tv show actually provides a better viewing experience than standing trackside, and you have thousands of fans opting to stay in the air-conditioned comfort of their homes, drinking and eating better, cheaper snacks and beverages.

Tv giveth, and tv taketh away...
DownSouth
9/8/2012 6:30pm
I watched the motos online and never once noticed the crowd size. If you were not actually there and saw a small crowd that is probably what you wanted to see.
ocscottie
9/8/2012 6:39pm
DownSouth wrote:
I watched the motos online and never once noticed the crowd size. If you were not actually there and saw a small crowd that is probably...
I watched the motos online and never once noticed the crowd size. If you were not actually there and saw a small crowd that is probably what you wanted to see.
He wasnt there, and is just pulling a # out of his ass from sitting behind a keyboard.

...and it is not even Sunday yet. Blink
TeamGreen
9/8/2012 6:45pm
jasonv43 wrote:
Just got back from the races. Crowds looked fine to me. And I didn't see one fly out there today.Wink
X2

There were probably more than 8,506 cars.

Thread via Doucherocket.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
9/8/2012 6:45pm
DownSouth wrote:
I watched the motos online and never once noticed the crowd size. If you were not actually there and saw a small crowd that is probably...
ocscottie wrote:
He [i]wasnt[/i] there, and is just pulling a # out of his ass from sitting behind a keyboard. ...and it is not even Sunday yet. :blink...
He wasnt there, and is just pulling a # out of his ass from sitting behind a keyboard.

...and it is not even Sunday yet. Blink
I was there and it seemed pretty danged packed... Definetely more than the number stated...
Brent
9/8/2012 7:44pm Edited Date/Time 9/8/2012 8:02pm
dennis90 wrote:
NOTE: This is my gross estimation based on my television viewing and having been to elsie a billion times wow, nobody showed up at elsinore place...

Exactly 8,506 from just watching it on TV? Gee that's awesome Rain Man.

Just came home from the race, it was a large crowd- the parking lot was at capacity.
The track layout was gigantic, as was the length of the track, maybe all those people were spread out everywhere. The only bummer was limited access to the infield, I felt a little too far away from the racing in a few places.

They added mulch to the dirt, and it really held up well, not anything like the regular "moon dirt" .
The track was really technical and rough, deep ruts in a lot of the corners and monster jumps.
Had a great time, as a long time Elsinore rider I didn't recognize the place when I got there.

Great job by MX sports and the track crew.
Brent
9/8/2012 7:46pm
dennis90 wrote:
How do you know if it failed??

25 posts and you are shoveling the manure like a veteran Vitard.
chrisbuehler
9/8/2012 7:54pm
TeamGreen wrote:
X2

There were probably more than 8,506 cars.

Thread via Doucherocket.
Team Green always laying out the ownings
flarider
9/8/2012 7:58pm
I find both pity and humor in those who encourage, cheer and hope for failure.
BobbyM
9/8/2012 8:00pm
Racing was great....track was pretty good but broke down a little it looked like to me.

Crowd was pretty big...maybe 10 grand plus. Not sure why many of you cocksuckers want a race to fail being to big followers and fans of motocross and shit.

Or maybe yer not... Just a bunch a fucking jackoffs that aren't quite cool enough to be around a damn cool sport.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
9/8/2012 8:05pm
Just watched some motos on tv, crowd doesn't look as big on tv, the camera angles did it no justice! The owners were quite happy from what I saw...
dennis90
9/8/2012 8:15pm
ML512 wrote:
Just watched some motos on tv, crowd doesn't look as big on tv, the camera angles did it no justice! The owners were quite happy from...
Just watched some motos on tv, crowd doesn't look as big on tv, the camera angles did it no justice! The owners were quite happy from what I saw...
Thank you ML 512. From a "monitor perspective" it looked like a failure. I'm glade it was not according to those who attended.
TeamGreen
9/8/2012 8:19pm
Dave & Bobby dealn' out the thrashings...

"We're getting the Band back together!"
dennis90
9/8/2012 8:23pm
TeamGreen wrote:

Bobby said 10K plus so maybe it's 9K...my approximation was only 500 off. Minus all the riders, industry folk, mechanics, track workers, camera crew....I bet my number is dead nuts.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
9/8/2012 8:24pm Edited Date/Time 9/8/2012 8:26pm
ML512 wrote:
Just watched some motos on tv, crowd doesn't look as big on tv, the camera angles did it no justice! The owners were quite happy from...
dennis90 wrote:
Thank you ML 512. From a "monitor perspective" it looked like a failure. I'm glade it was not according to those who attended.
I definitely think viewing could be better, the only place on the track to keep a decent over view of the majority of the racing was from the center hill that hte finish line was at. If you ended up on either side of that hill you could only see the side of the track you were at because of that hill blocking. I didnt have a problem with extra fees for the stands or anything but having the right passes makes your life spoiled at national. I also don't drink so i can't complain about high priced beerLaughing
500guy
9/8/2012 8:28pm
on the plus side 8k is 4 times what was at Glen Helen's USGP
TeamGreen
9/8/2012 8:44pm
TeamGreen wrote:

dennis90 wrote:
Bobby said 10K plus so maybe it's 9K...my approximation was only 500 off. Minus all the riders, industry folk, mechanics, track workers, camera crew....I bet my...
Bobby said 10K plus so maybe it's 9K...my approximation was only 500 off. Minus all the riders, industry folk, mechanics, track workers, camera crew....I bet my number is dead nuts.
Actually, my statement about "cars" was closer than yours...

You're a victim of your own ignorance: the cameras aren't showing you the crowd OR the BLEACHERS.

Next time, go to the race & then post from a position of knowledge.

Are you an RC fan?

Did you LISTEN to his comments about the crowd & the track?

Post a reply to: Turn out looks about 8,506

The Latest