Bees-Arthritic racers' best friends?

The Rock
Edited Date/Time 4/14/2015 7:38pm
Anyone that has ridden dirt bikes in their lives can benefit from from Tumeric. Buy one bottle of any Tumeric you can find and take it for one month and tell me you don't feel better. It can help young and old alike to reduce inflammation and also help those of dealing with arthritis.

I first learned of the benefits when having ground up tumeric root in orange juice. Within four hours I felt like the Tin Man that had just gotten an lube job. Everything felt better. Grinding up the root is labor intensive so for daily use here are the two I have used so far:

Sorry for the movie theater size photos but I still have some jet lag plus haven't used Photobucket in awhile. Hope this can help you as much as it has helped me. EDIT it isn't a miracle jet lag cure nor will it help you find your keys or your wallet.
|
Grizz
10/5/2013 3:43pm
You have jet lag? Why not take some Tumeric!?
Radical
Fantasy
2384th
10/5/2013 4:22pm
I was taking Tumeric daily for a long time and stopped. I'll be adding it to my wake up shake each morning. Thanks for the reminder!
motomike894
10/6/2013 7:24pm
I have really bad arthritis in my foot and ankle on top of many other major surgeries and screwed up body parts have tried several joint relief crap etc nothing did anything for me especially when it's reakly aching you think this would help ? When I wake up I snap crackle and pop like the cereal for the first several steps I've had knee surgery femur twice shoulders etc
The Rock
10/6/2013 7:37pm
I know for sure it reduces inflammation but don't know if your issues are bone on bone. There are numerous other benefits of Tumeric so my advice is give it a shot. Good luck with your arthritis.

BTW how is your hydration level on a daily basis? I feel so much better when I drink more water and everything just works better.

The Shop

bd
10/6/2013 7:46pm
Awesome thread. Other superfoods or foods that fight inflammation:

Super Foods:

- Spirulina
- Marine Phytoplankton
- Aloe Vera

Source: Super Foods by David Wolfe
motomike894
10/6/2013 8:00pm
My foots bone on bone so I've been told until I'm ready to have it fused its gonna ache half time I only have about 50-60% movement in it too.

The rest of my soreness etc Is all muscle related etc.

I average close to a gallon if not whole gallon a day sometimes more or less I take a multivitamin, baby aspirin daily and vitamin d, I might just get a bottle and try it.
bd
10/6/2013 8:09pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2013 2:20am
I have really bad arthritis in my foot and ankle on top of many other major surgeries and screwed up body parts have tried several joint...
I have really bad arthritis in my foot and ankle on top of many other major surgeries and screwed up body parts have tried several joint relief crap etc nothing did anything for me especially when it's reakly aching you think this would help ? When I wake up I snap crackle and pop like the cereal for the first several steps I've had knee surgery femur twice shoulders etc
I am not going to tell you foods will make your issues vanish. However, all processed foods cause inflammation. I highly recommend eating foods that are not processed and balance your acidic foods (seeds, nuts, muscle) with alkalinic foods (green leaf veggies, green veggies, fruits (eat on empty stomach - proper food combination). Foods are real medicine.

Examples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEA12CBoCsQ

Avocado: GreenMedInfo summarized a study that showed eating hamburgers with a slice of avocado limited triglyceride serum level increases. Most knowledgeable cardiologists consider triglyceride serum levels as stronger markers for potential heart disease and inflammation than LDL cholesterol.

http://rawforbeauty.com/blog/

Please see:

http://rawforbeauty.com/blog/

http://www.mercola.com/

http://bodyecology.com/

http://www.davidwolfe.com/

Books:

Body Ecology Diet by Donna Gates
Super Foods by David Wolfe
Eating For Beauty by David Wolfe
Sandberm
10/6/2013 8:31pm
What prompted you to read up on this stuff bd?
Bineano
10/6/2013 8:40pm
Glucosamine... That stuff has been tremendous for helping me with joint pain and arthritis. Definitely gonna try turmeric now too!
The Rock
10/6/2013 9:33pm
bd wrote:
Awesome thread. Other superfoods or foods that fight inflammation:

Super Foods:

- Spirulina
- Marine Phytoplankton
- Aloe Vera

Source: Super Foods by David Wolfe
I'm up to taking 8 to 9 Spirulina tablets a day first thing in the morning. It for sure gives me more energy and I really notice it on the days I forget to take it....which is often but I'm getting a lot better. Ditto for eating breakfast whether I am really hungry or not.
bd
10/6/2013 9:44pm
Sandberm wrote:
What prompted you to read up on this stuff bd?
My ex girlfriend competed in marathons at a very high level. She qualified for Boston (men's time) at her first marathon and finished third her class at the Vegas marathon (women's). We started studying emotional intelligence and foods for a competitive advantage.
The Rock
10/6/2013 11:11pm
Where was your ex girlfriend with eating meat? Back in the 70s I read where marathon runners didn't eat meat and that the Swedes had done studies that showed athletes had more stamina when they didn't eat meat.
bd
10/7/2013 12:58am Edited Date/Time 10/7/2013 12:59am
The Rock wrote:
Where was your ex girlfriend with eating meat? Back in the 70s I read where marathon runners didn't eat meat and that the Swedes had done...
Where was your ex girlfriend with eating meat? Back in the 70s I read where marathon runners didn't eat meat and that the Swedes had done studies that showed athletes had more stamina when they didn't eat meat.
She quit eating meat. The only animal product I continue to eat is wild caught fish. I have been gluten, dairy, whey, processed food free (animal free - exception fish even longer) since September 2012.
The Rock
10/7/2013 12:16pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2013 12:17pm
Not surprised she stopped eating me. After I read the articles I referenced I had my last hamburger on 8/21/76 but have continued to eat only seafood since.

Good for you! I would LOVE to go gluten diary whey and processed food free but have you ever had a gluten free pizza? YUCK! I know Ryno has been on the leading edge on the gluten free topic as gluten increases inflammation.
Dave927
10/7/2013 12:49pm
I've been taking Braggs unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar

I don a shot of it with a chase of water

supposed to use it in an 8oz glass of water but it tastes like shit to just sip on it so I just do about a shot and chase with water.

I find it easier to take when it is refridgerated.

I'll definately pick up some Tumeric, I have had 2 shoulder surgeries and have a constant dull pain in both shoulders.
10/7/2013 12:52pm
Dave927 wrote:
I've been taking Braggs unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar I don a shot of it with a chase of water supposed to use it in an 8oz...

supposed to use it in an 8oz glass of water but it tastes like shit to just sip on it so I just do about a shot and chase with water.

I'll definately pick up some Tumeric, I have had 2 shoulder surgeries and have a constant dull pain in both shoulders.
Get back to work dave
Kryan5
10/7/2013 12:57pm
The Rock wrote:
Where was your ex girlfriend with eating meat? Back in the 70s I read where marathon runners didn't eat meat and that the Swedes had done...
bd wrote:
She quit eating meat. The only animal product I continue to eat is wild caught fish. I have been gluten, dairy, whey, processed food free (animal...
She quit eating meat. The only animal product I continue to eat is wild caught fish. I have been gluten, dairy, whey, processed food free (animal free - exception fish even longer) since September 2012.
This is probably going to sound dumb and I will admit its ignorance on my part, but if you don't eat those things, what do you eat? Especially meat. Thats like a main course in 95% of meals I can think of.
10/7/2013 12:58pm
I'm gonna go buy some considering my ankles are that of a 80 year old man I need something to help me get past the 927 of dave
Sondy132001
10/7/2013 1:12pm
The Rock wrote:
bd wrote:
She quit eating meat. The only animal product I continue to eat is wild caught fish. I have been gluten, dairy, whey, processed food free (animal...
Kryan5 wrote:
This is probably going to sound dumb and I will admit its ignorance on my part, but if you don't eat those things, what do you...
This is probably going to sound dumb and I will admit its ignorance on my part, but if you don't eat those things, what do you eat? Especially meat. Thats like a main course in 95% of meals I can think of.
Lentils, Legumes, tofu, lots of vegetables, my sister in law loves to eat raw and clean foods, believe it or not there are restaurants around us called Native Foods and the food is so great. I love tofurky italian sausage, um kale chips, I do eat lots of fish, love seafood, but try to keep with "Swimming" fish (Salmon, Tuna, Albacore, Sword Fish, Shark), the scavengers and bottom feeders aren't too good for you, ie: mussels, crab, shrimp, lobster.
Kryan5
10/7/2013 1:18pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2013 1:18pm
Lentils, Legumes, tofu, lots of vegetables, my sister in law loves to eat raw and clean foods, believe it or not there are restaurants around us...
Lentils, Legumes, tofu, lots of vegetables, my sister in law loves to eat raw and clean foods, believe it or not there are restaurants around us called Native Foods and the food is so great. I love tofurky italian sausage, um kale chips, I do eat lots of fish, love seafood, but try to keep with "Swimming" fish (Salmon, Tuna, Albacore, Sword Fish, Shark), the scavengers and bottom feeders aren't too good for you, ie: mussels, crab, shrimp, lobster.
Oh my god thats horrible! haha j/k. To each his own. I see why people do it, but not only do I not have the will power, I also lack the desire. Although the other suggestions sound worth a try for a 30yr/old who managed to rapidly age his body well past its age! PS: this diet would most definitely not work for me if beer contains any of the aforementioned ingredients! Wink
Sondy132001
10/7/2013 1:19pm
oh and if you start feeling run down and sick or a sore throat, it's strong as F$%^ but do a 1/4 of a dropper of Oregano Oil down your throat, works like a charm every time, I do it a couple times a day. Reed the book: "You're not sick, you're Thirsty" by F. Batmanghelidj, good read !!
Sondy132001
10/7/2013 1:21pm
Lentils, Legumes, tofu, lots of vegetables, my sister in law loves to eat raw and clean foods, believe it or not there are restaurants around us...
Kryan5 wrote:
Oh my god thats horrible! haha j/k. To each his own. I see why people do it, but not only do I not have the will...
Oh my god thats horrible! haha j/k. To each his own. I see why people do it, but not only do I not have the will power, I also lack the desire. Although the other suggestions sound worth a try for a 30yr/old who managed to rapidly age his body well past its age! PS: this diet would most definitely not work for me if beer contains any of the aforementioned ingredients! Wink
I do beer, vodka or champagne, I will till I die =)

S
bd
10/7/2013 8:30pm
The Rock wrote:
Not surprised she stopped eating me. After I read the articles I referenced I had my last hamburger on 8/21/76 but have continued to eat only...
Not surprised she stopped eating me. After I read the articles I referenced I had my last hamburger on 8/21/76 but have continued to eat only seafood since.

Good for you! I would LOVE to go gluten diary whey and processed food free but have you ever had a gluten free pizza? YUCK! I know Ryno has been on the leading edge on the gluten free topic as gluten increases inflammation.
I enjoy Ryno and feel he will be moving moto coaching into a new space. I am fortunate to be training with him at the end of November in Mesquite NV
bd
10/7/2013 8:32pm
bd wrote:
Kryan5 wrote:
This is probably going to sound dumb and I will admit its ignorance on my part, but if you don't eat those things, what do you...
You live in the mecca of Farmer's Markets and raw food gurus.
bd
10/7/2013 8:33pm
The Rock wrote:
bd wrote:
Kryan5 wrote:
She would eat beans, seeds, avocado. She was always eating due to the amount of calories she would burn via running.
bd
10/7/2013 8:34pm
Dave927 wrote:
I've been taking Braggs unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar I don a shot of it with a chase of water supposed to use it in an 8oz...

I LOVE that vinegar. Its the only vinegar I will use on salads.
Beast666
10/8/2013 6:14am
Kryan5 wrote:
For myself my protein consist of protein shakes of Whey and Casein with Raw Almonds, Banana, and Baby Spinach. I also eat free range chicken breasts and turkey along with salmon. Cannot remember the last time I had a steak and I don't eat any eggs.
Kryan5
10/8/2013 6:18am
What about bacon? Please don't tell me you deprive your body of bacon! Thats more essential to the body than water! haha
Sandberm
10/8/2013 6:46am
Kryan5 wrote:
What about bacon? Please don't tell me you deprive your body of bacon! Thats more essential to the body than water! haha
Wait till your over 40 Kryan and all those broken bones and beers catches up with you. You'll be drinking goats blood, sturgeon oil and eating cheat grass salads to make the aches go away.Wink

Post a reply to: Bees-Arthritic racers' best friends?

The Latest