Tuesday Discussion

Related:
Create New Tag

2/20/2018 9:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/20/2018 10:12 AM

Since the Vitards on here fried my last idea of Friday digest because they don't work all day I will now post any day whatever is worth a discussion:

1) Its really time to put Eli in the same discussion as RV, JS, RC, JH, AC in all time raw speed, he will not be touched this year if he stays up.

2) Kawi Fill-in - Perfect timing for JS7 imo he should be signed to finish off his career where he started until Grant is ready. (Kawi doesn't have the balls to put ET and JS on the same truck but could you imagine the exposure compared to Bowers)

3) I don't think this 450 championship is over by any means based off of Andersons past. Looks like this year might force the chase format as it would be perfect for these type situations with injuries so early on. The fastest rider should win the championship, kills the sport when a guy gets 40 pts on 2nd because the sport itself is dangerous, you shouldn't have to lose a title because of weekly injuries and a 2nd chance idea would be entertaining all year.

Thoughts on Hills finished this weekend? (I see 5-9 range)

Rant away and enjoy work, Black Panther was dope btw

|

Justin Cooper is the future.

2/20/2018 9:48 AM

The outdoors is that “2nd chance” you speak of.

Just say no, to a chase format!

|

Part of Speech: Noun

Definition: A loser, poser, lame-ass. One who talks the talk, but could never walk the walk.

One who talks shit and doesn't back it up, but rather ends up eating their shit in return. A fuckin 'tard.


Usage: Slang

2/20/2018 9:49 AM

Well uh JS7 is having another baby so that won’t happen. I agree about the Tomac raw speed. When he’s on he’s untouchable. I mean he beat Dungey by a minute and a half at Hangtowm

|

2/20/2018 9:51 AM

Photo

|

Never try to argue with idiots; they will only bring you down to their level.....and being more experienced, they will beat you at their own game!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

2/20/2018 9:54 AM

I was laying in bed last night thinking about the chase format for the exact same reasons you mentioned. Eli is so fast but has a snowball's chance in hell of winning. Barcia, Musquin, Roczen. I'm honestly already bored. The average fan can't get behind the sport if there is no sport to get behind. Sucks because at my core I don't want a chase. Staying healthy is part of the game but damn this season has been rough.

Who's excited for MXGPs?

|

2/20/2018 10:05 AM

Jabroni wrote:

The outdoors is that “2nd chance” you speak of.

Just say no, to a chase format!

The outdoors is not the most watched event of our sport if you haven't noticed

|

Justin Cooper is the future.

2/20/2018 10:07 AM

TJMX947 wrote:

I was laying in bed last night thinking about the chase format for the exact same reasons you mentioned. Eli is so fast but has a snowball's chance in hell of winning. Barcia, Musquin, Roczen. I'm honestly already bored. The average fan can't get behind the sport if there is no sport to get behind. Sucks because at my core I don't want a chase. Staying healthy is part of the game but damn this season has been rough.

Who's excited for MXGPs?

Same exact thinking with me, im more interested in this JH vs AC vs Max vs TG vs CD than literally anything in supercross right now and its only round 7...... lol

|

Justin Cooper is the future.

2/20/2018 10:08 AM

People will still think James is going to return to racing after he is dead. It will be like Elvis.

|

2/20/2018 10:09 AM

TheOriginalPancakee wrote:

Well uh JS7 is having another baby so that won’t happen. I agree about the Tomac raw speed. When he’s on he’s untouchable. I mean he beat Dungey by a minute and a half at Hangtowm

Not many riders if any have accomplished this feat. not even RV and also against a rider that makes 0 mistakes truly incredible if you think about it

|

Justin Cooper is the future.

2/20/2018 10:14 AM

|

2/20/2018 10:16 AM

BobKerr wrote:

People will still think James is going to return to racing after he is dead. It will be like Elvis.

laughing
|

2/20/2018 10:16 AM

do you guys ever think, maybe JS7 started scrolling vital, and eventually got addicted to all the opinions here. then signed up under a anonymous name, and he's spent the last 3 years everyday posting defending truths of the internet.
i like to think thats plausible

|

2/20/2018 10:34 AM

1. Lol. Should I respond to that seriously? Not even close.

2. He’s retired. Not racing ever again. Get used to it.

3. Anderson is a lot more consistent than he’s made out to be. 11 consecutive top 5 finishes. Chase format is stupid.

|

2/20/2018 10:36 AM

NYmotocross wrote:

Since the Vitards on here fried my last idea of Friday digest because they don't work all day I will now post any day whatever is worth a discussion:

1) Its really time to put Eli in the same discussion as RV, JS, RC, JH, AC in all time raw speed, he will not be touched this year if he stays up.

2) Kawi Fill-in - Perfect timing for JS7 imo he should be signed to finish off his career where he started until Grant is ready. (Kawi doesn't have the balls to put ET and JS on the same truck but could you imagine the exposure compared to Bowers)

3) I don't think this 450 championship is over by any means based off of Andersons past. Looks like this year might force the chase format as it would be perfect for these type situations with injuries so early on. The fastest rider should win the championship, kills the sport when a guy gets 40 pts on 2nd because the sport itself is dangerous, you shouldn't have to lose a title because of weekly injuries and a 2nd chance idea would be entertaining all year.

Thoughts on Hills finished this weekend? (I see 5-9 range)

Rant away and enjoy work, Black Panther was dope btw

Kawi fill-in? I'd guess it'd be way more likely to see Tyler Bowers on JG33's bike than JS7. But that's just me.

|

2/20/2018 10:36 AM

TDeath21 wrote:

1. Lol. Should I respond to that seriously? Not even close.

2. He’s retired. Not racing ever again. Get used to it.

3. Anderson is a lot more consistent than he’s made out to be. 11 consecutive top 5 finishes. Chase format is stupid.

Not even close? What is your definition of close?

|

Justin Cooper is the future.

2/20/2018 12:00 PM

Jabroni wrote:

The outdoors is that “2nd chance” you speak of.

Just say no, to a chase format!

NYmotocross wrote:

The outdoors is not the most watched event of our sport if you haven't noticed

Ya I know.

I think you alluded to the actual core issue here, it’s that all the talent is spread too thin.

If it was just one world championship, you’d still have all the Europeans in the field keeping interest alive.

|

Part of Speech: Noun

Definition: A loser, poser, lame-ass. One who talks the talk, but could never walk the walk.

One who talks shit and doesn't back it up, but rather ends up eating their shit in return. A fuckin 'tard.


Usage: Slang

2/20/2018 12:17 PM

TJMX947 wrote:

I was laying in bed last night thinking about the chase format for the exact same reasons you mentioned. Eli is so fast but has a snowball's chance in hell of winning. Barcia, Musquin, Roczen. I'm honestly already bored. The average fan can't get behind the sport if there is no sport to get behind. Sucks because at my core I don't want a chase. Staying healthy is part of the game but damn this season has been rough.

Who's excited for MXGPs?

NYmotocross wrote:

Same exact thinking with me, im more interested in this JH vs AC vs Max vs TG vs CD than literally anything in supercross right now and its only round 7...... lol

Being only round 7 and the points gap between 1st and 2nd being as big as it is making things boring, are we at a point where 17 rounds of sx might be too much? Just curious as to what you guys think

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

2/21/2018 10:12 AM

mattyhamz2 wrote:

Being only round 7 and the points gap between 1st and 2nd being as big as it is making things boring, are we at a point where 17 rounds of sx might be too much? Just curious as to what you guys think

I don't know, I guess we would need to look at the last 5 - 10 seasons and determine what the gap looked like at the same interval.

I can honestly say the most exciting seasons in my memory were 2010 when Villo was catching Dungey then broke his leg. Last season for sure. Was it 2005 or 2006 when Chad/James/Ricky entered Vegas separated by only a few points?

I guess we need that Professional Wrestling type scenario where there is a good guy and a Villain. Maybe El Hombre will get some points taken away for fuel or fighting this weekend. Tighten everything up, Eli will go on a rampage and make things tight at the end but JA21 brings it home. We need a Rick Flair and a Dusty Rhodes.

|

2/21/2018 10:59 AM

NYmotocross wrote:

Since the Vitards on here fried my last idea of Friday digest because they don't work all day I will now post any day whatever is worth a discussion:

1) Its really time to put Eli in the same discussion as RV, JS, RC, JH, AC in all time raw speed, he will not be touched this year if he stays up.

2) Kawi Fill-in - Perfect timing for JS7 imo he should be signed to finish off his career where he started until Grant is ready. (Kawi doesn't have the balls to put ET and JS on the same truck but could you imagine the exposure compared to Bowers)

3) I don't think this 450 championship is over by any means based off of Andersons past. Looks like this year might force the chase format as it would be perfect for these type situations with injuries so early on. The fastest rider should win the championship, kills the sport when a guy gets 40 pts on 2nd because the sport itself is dangerous, you shouldn't have to lose a title because of weekly injuries and a 2nd chance idea would be entertaining all year.

Thoughts on Hills finished this weekend? (I see 5-9 range)

Rant away and enjoy work, Black Panther was dope btw

1. you might be right, but there have been a few races in 2017 when he stayed up yet didnt win...regardless of what has happened so far this year, we shall see how the rest of the year goes

2. why would any team put a rider who hasnt been racing as a fill-in???

3. I agree to disagree there, Anderson has shown great patience this year as well as being smoking fast. I cant see him throwing it away....he definitely seems like a more mature rider this year.

Hill - 10-12th place

|

Current rides: 2020 CRF450RWE and 2019 TC300
Occasional ride for VMX: 1985 CR500RF
Adventure/Road bike: CRF1000L

2/21/2018 11:07 AM

NYmotocross wrote:

Since the Vitards on here fried my last idea of Friday digest because they don't work all day I will now post any day whatever is worth a discussion:

1) Its really time to put Eli in the same discussion as RV, JS, RC, JH, AC in all time raw speed, he will not be touched this year if he stays up.

2) Kawi Fill-in - Perfect timing for JS7 imo he should be signed to finish off his career where he started until Grant is ready. (Kawi doesn't have the balls to put ET and JS on the same truck but could you imagine the exposure compared to Bowers)

3) I don't think this 450 championship is over by any means based off of Andersons past. Looks like this year might force the chase format as it would be perfect for these type situations with injuries so early on. The fastest rider should win the championship, kills the sport when a guy gets 40 pts on 2nd because the sport itself is dangerous, you shouldn't have to lose a title because of weekly injuries and a 2nd chance idea would be entertaining all year.

Thoughts on Hills finished this weekend? (I see 5-9 range)

Rant away and enjoy work, Black Panther was dope btw

kiwifan wrote:

1. you might be right, but there have been a few races in 2017 when he stayed up yet didnt win...regardless of what has happened so far this year, we shall see how the rest of the year goes

2. why would any team put a rider who hasnt been racing as a fill-in???

3. I agree to disagree there, Anderson has shown great patience this year as well as being smoking fast. I cant see him throwing it away....he definitely seems like a more mature rider this year.

Hill - 10-12th place

1) 2017 he was not the real tomac until later in the season, this year he has not been touched unless it was due to injury or a crash. This guy rides the outdoors even better, I can see 24-0 but he doesn't have it mentally for that.

2) more of a logical decision imo for kawi you get a guy whos most popular in the sport and finishing where he started good PR for kawi. I meant just a phone call to see if hes up for it because he has that much power

3) See he has shown what you said, but hes also been very close and very lucky this year to not have a bad one, and I think hes due for one

Hill looks very fast at the test track almost smoother than mookie I disagree there, he wants to prove a point hes made for 2 years

|

Justin Cooper is the future.

2/21/2018 11:11 AM

Jabroni wrote:

The outdoors is that “2nd chance” you speak of.

Just say no, to a chase format!

NYmotocross wrote:

The outdoors is not the most watched event of our sport if you haven't noticed

Jabroni wrote:

Ya I know.

I think you alluded to the actual core issue here, it’s that all the talent is spread too thin.

If it was just one world championship, you’d still have all the Europeans in the field keeping interest alive.

Well if you look at what TJ said below, take a time to think. When was the last time you were amped throughout a season? When the points were close.

I don't think a chase would hurt the sport but better it because every week will keep you glued to the tv and later provide better racing, because they are going for it all once it gets reset. Ever notice the first 4 weeks of the season are nuts then it dies down? its because the field seperates, riders get hurt, championship is mostly clear.

But use those first 8 rounds to qualify for a chase at the end, now we are talking drama, entertainment, good racing every year all season.

Its time we evolve as a sport and let the past go, if we want to grow this is the answer.

Also, don't listen to rider opinions, they don't want more stress, more risk. They want their contract money and to be safe, which is why the triple crown was shut down by them.

A chase is for the fans, not benefit to anyone else and we need it sooner than later or were fucked

|

Justin Cooper is the future.

2/21/2018 11:14 AM

Get off of the chase format vital! We have done enough changes for one year. Let Anderson's consistency pay off like years past. Holy shit

|

2/21/2018 11:23 AM

A chase would be stupid.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

2/21/2018 12:01 PM

Chase = gimmick

|

2/21/2018 1:49 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/21/2018 2:17 PM

kiwifan wrote:

1. you might be right, but there have been a few races in 2017 when he stayed up yet didnt win...regardless of what has happened so far this year, we shall see how the rest of the year goes

2. why would any team put a rider who hasnt been racing as a fill-in???

3. I agree to disagree there, Anderson has shown great patience this year as well as being smoking fast. I cant see him throwing it away....he definitely seems like a more mature rider this year.

Hill - 10-12th place

#2 - you mean like Malcolm stewart this year?

As far as the "chase" bs, let anderson have a bad race or two and he will be the one trying to slow down Eli at Vegas for the championship and there will be no lack of drama

|

2/21/2018 2:03 PM

TheOriginalPancakee wrote:

Well uh JS7 is having another baby so that won’t happen. I agree about the Tomac raw speed. When he’s on he’s untouchable. I mean he beat Dungey by a minute and a half at Hangtowm

That's such a tired argument. Villopoto just had twins, and then signed a new deal with Yamaha. sure he's not racing but he still shows up to a lot of events. Take the pj home, you're only gone a couple days a week. Lames just doesn't want to race.

|

2/21/2018 2:09 PM

NYmotocross wrote:

1) 2017 he was not the real tomac until later in the season, this year he has not been touched unless it was due to injury or a crash. This guy rides the outdoors even better, I can see 24-0 but he doesn't have it mentally for that.

2) more of a logical decision imo for kawi you get a guy whos most popular in the sport and finishing where he started good PR for kawi. I meant just a phone call to see if hes up for it because he has that much power

3) See he has shown what you said, but hes also been very close and very lucky this year to not have a bad one, and I think hes due for one

Hill looks very fast at the test track almost smoother than mookie I disagree there, he wants to prove a point hes made for 2 years

2017 he was not the real Tomac at the end of the season imo, i was burned out. His victory at the USMXGP moto1 was heroic, moto 2 he was clearly burned out.

I tkink now he is better in SX and u can forget a 24-0 from ET, It will never happen.

His powerful style riding doesn't work good in the mud.






|

2/21/2018 2:10 PM

Eli is probably the fastest rider ive seen. And im saying that as a huge RV fan. Ive never seen anyone else do what he did to dungey last sx season.

Js7 is retired. Hes not signing a deal.

No chase format. Thats retarded.

Of course anderson is gonna make mistakes.

|

2/21/2018 2:18 PM

You guys need to listen to Blair's explanation and reasoning behind his version of the chase. It makes perfect sense and would add a shit ton of excitement to the series. Go listen to the maineventmoto podcast, the past few weeks.

Bowers....man, I would so much rather see Kawi bring AC up for some east coast races....we better bang for your buck than Bowers.

|

2/21/2018 2:43 PM

Tomac is in the conversation for raw speed but not even close championship wise. RV,JS and RC were instant championship contenders in both classes. Tomac won his very first outdoor race and then kinda struggled for awhile. Took him a little while to get going in 450 also.

|