Truth about Dungey's Titles!

Edited Date/Time 4/13/2017 12:52pm
Ryan Dungey gets a lot of hate for winning titles when people have gotten hurt! That has happened a few times but he still had to battle Roczen the year Tomac was hurt and he earned that title! Stewart got hurt the year he won the 2012 MX title but Dungey had been neck and neck with JS7 up until he was hurt! I think RD earned that title too! People forget that Dungey has had bad luck too, like last MX season when he was hurt in Colorado! Does that mean that Roczen title wasn't earned? No, he stayed healthy and earned it! People also forget that RD should have won the 2011 450 MX title except for the freaky bad luck he had! He lost the title to RV by 12 points but RD lost 25 points when his bike died 1/4 lap from the finish at Freestone, and lost about 10 more points when his bike didn't show up until the 1st lap was almost over at Southwick! People never say anything negative about the 3 premiere titles Chad Reed has won, however, in 2004 when he won his first SX title RC4 was injured and not racing! In 2008 Chad won his 2nd title, JS7 was out that year! Then in 2009 Chad won his first MX title, but RV2 was hurt, and JS7 didn't choose to race! To me Chad earned those titles but why no hate like Dungey gets? Dungey has 7 premiere titles and 1 ltes SX title! He has 12 lites SX wins, and 79 combined big bike wins (7 more than RV)! Dungey is considered one of the cleanest riders and one of the sports hardest working! RD5 deserves to be included among the greatest all time in the sport!
|
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
4/5/2017 6:01pm Edited Date/Time 4/5/2017 6:03pm
Not what I was expecting when I opened this thread. I thought it was about Dungey's titties.
4/5/2017 6:06pm
kzizok wrote:
Not what I was expecting when I opened this thread. I thought it was about Dungey's titties.
What are you saying! Aren't you excited too! I sure am! I love caffeine and exclamation points!

The Shop

kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
4/5/2017 6:15pm
kzizok wrote:
What are you saying! Aren't you excited too! I sure am! I love caffeine and exclamation points!
Maybe OP is actually Tyler Evans?
4/5/2017 6:15pm
kzizok wrote:
Well, you can start that topic! Just don't hate on the titties!!!!!
4/5/2017 6:20pm
kzizok wrote:
I use (!!!!!!) because my fat finger has an easier time with that than other punctuation symbols on my tablet! Has nothing to do with content only for my pleasure!
4/5/2017 6:26pm
kzizok wrote:
I use (!!!!!!) because my fat finger has an easier time with that than other punctuation symbols on my tablet! Has nothing to do with content...
I use (!!!!!!) because my fat finger has an easier time with that than other punctuation symbols on my tablet! Has nothing to do with content only for my pleasure!
No problem! I just figured you were really wound up about Dungeys titles! He's earned them all! Maybe I missed something, but is someone questioning Dungeys titles! Why would they do that! It's not like he stayed home and they just gave him the titles! So what has you so wound up!
MX690
4/5/2017 6:27pm
You mustn't have been around long, Reed has copped plenty over the years about his titles.
JB 19
4/5/2017 6:27pm Edited Date/Time 4/5/2017 6:30pm
And the fact that all 3 of Reeds major titles came when either Carmichael or Stewart was injured. So there's that.

Dungey has 7 titles and maybe 8 in another month. The guy deserves credit for his accomplishments.

The * guys drive me nuts. And there's no question that Dungey was the dominant SX guy in 2015 and 2016.

If anything Reed deserves some criticism for winning so many races, but failing to close out so few titles. Hasn't he lost 3 titles by single digit points?

Splitting hairs, but just discussing facts.
Tarz483
Fantasy
583rd
4/5/2017 6:31pm
I dont get the Negativity towards him at
All IMO he is Awsome
4/5/2017 6:33pm
I use (!!!!!!) because my fat finger has an easier time with that than other punctuation symbols on my tablet! Has nothing to do with content...
No problem! I just figured you were really wound up about Dungeys titles! He's earned them all! Maybe I missed something, but is someone questioning Dungeys...
No problem! I just figured you were really wound up about Dungeys titles! He's earned them all! Maybe I missed something, but is someone questioning Dungeys titles! Why would they do that! It's not like he stayed home and they just gave him the titles! So what has you so wound up!
I don't think I'm wound up, but may appear to be... I follow the sport closely, and Dungey gets way more hate than the other riders on average, and except the last few days for CR22! I fell into the trap of trying to battle the haters on RD5 Instagram and I just thought I would post my thoughts about it on Vital, and give up battling individuals on Instagram!
4/5/2017 6:35pm
No problem! I just figured you were really wound up about Dungeys titles! He's earned them all! Maybe I missed something, but is someone questioning Dungeys...
I don't think I'm wound up, but may appear to be... I follow the sport closely, and Dungey gets way more hate than the other riders...
I don't think I'm wound up, but may appear to be... I follow the sport closely, and Dungey gets way more hate than the other riders on average, and except the last few days for CR22! I fell into the trap of trying to battle the haters on RD5 Instagram and I just thought I would post my thoughts about it on Vital, and give up battling individuals on Instagram!
I dont agree with that. Do you have some way of measuring the hate, or are you just guessing?
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
4/5/2017 6:35pm
kzizok wrote:
Well, you can start that topic! Just don't hate on the titties!!!!!
Ha!
newmann
4/5/2017 6:44pm
Why were all those people injured while Dungey was winning those titties? Wink Because it's tough to run Dungey's pace, let alone be faster. RV ended up needing Aldon to beat him but couldn't stand Aldons routine so he retired. Stewart can't bring himself to make a comeback because he'll have to run Dungey's pace. And we all saw what he thought of Aldon's program. Poor JLaw had him beat but couldn't keep his head screwed on straight enough to run Dungey's pace. Roczen is seeing the bad side of pushing the limits at the moment. Tomac has a streak going, but it has gone bad for Eli so many times in the past.

Reality is, no one is really as good as Dungey. They all have their moments of brilliance, and even some championships, but Dungey is always there, nipping at their heels, season after season after season. Indoors, and out. He may not be the one wowing the shit out of you doing crazy ass stuff week after week, but at some point everyone will end up being impressed as hell with him.

Did I mention crazy shit?

4/5/2017 6:50pm Edited Date/Time 4/5/2017 6:53pm
I don't think I'm wound up, but may appear to be... I follow the sport closely, and Dungey gets way more hate than the other riders...
I dont agree with that. Do you have some way of measuring the hate, or are you just guessing?
OK let me be precisely exact! Dungey may not (or may(don't have empirical data) get the most hate on average! I do follow riders enough on social media to see that there are plenty of people that "hate" on Dungey for winning titles only because other riders were hurt and weren't there to defeat him. Not a scientific opinion I'm giving, just a personal one.
Monte122
4/5/2017 6:52pm
newmann wrote:
Why were all those people injured while Dungey was winning those titties? ;) Because it's tough to run Dungey's pace, let alone be faster. RV ended...
Why were all those people injured while Dungey was winning those titties? Wink Because it's tough to run Dungey's pace, let alone be faster. RV ended up needing Aldon to beat him but couldn't stand Aldons routine so he retired. Stewart can't bring himself to make a comeback because he'll have to run Dungey's pace. And we all saw what he thought of Aldon's program. Poor JLaw had him beat but couldn't keep his head screwed on straight enough to run Dungey's pace. Roczen is seeing the bad side of pushing the limits at the moment. Tomac has a streak going, but it has gone bad for Eli so many times in the past.

Reality is, no one is really as good as Dungey. They all have their moments of brilliance, and even some championships, but Dungey is always there, nipping at their heels, season after season after season. Indoors, and out. He may not be the one wowing the shit out of you doing crazy ass stuff week after week, but at some point everyone will end up being impressed as hell with him.

Well said newmann, but haters gonna hate.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
4/5/2017 6:59pm
newmann wrote:
Why were all those people injured while Dungey was winning those titties? ;) Because it's tough to run Dungey's pace, let alone be faster. RV ended...

Ive been saying that all along.
4/5/2017 7:00pm
JB 19 wrote:
And the fact that all 3 of Reeds major titles came when either Carmichael or Stewart was injured. So there's that. Dungey has 7 titles and...
And the fact that all 3 of Reeds major titles came when either Carmichael or Stewart was injured. So there's that.

Dungey has 7 titles and maybe 8 in another month. The guy deserves credit for his accomplishments.

The * guys drive me nuts. And there's no question that Dungey was the dominant SX guy in 2015 and 2016.

If anything Reed deserves some criticism for winning so many races, but failing to close out so few titles. Hasn't he lost 3 titles by single digit points?

Oh you're right, I was contrasting Reed with Dungey! I don't see much "hate" towards Chad for the same reason Dungey gets it! I think Chad earned his titles, and there were a few that he almost won, like 2011 supercross where RV2, CR22, and RD5 all had a chance going into Vegas! I think 2006 was even closer going into and leaving Vegas with RC4, JS7, and CR22.
rutsmash
4/5/2017 7:42pm
Ryan Dungey gets a lot of hate for winning titles when people have gotten hurt! That has happened a few times but he still had to...
Ryan Dungey gets a lot of hate for winning titles when people have gotten hurt! That has happened a few times but he still had to battle Roczen the year Tomac was hurt and he earned that title! Stewart got hurt the year he won the 2012 MX title but Dungey had been neck and neck with JS7 up until he was hurt! I think RD earned that title too! People forget that Dungey has had bad luck too, like last MX season when he was hurt in Colorado! Does that mean that Roczen title wasn't earned? No, he stayed healthy and earned it! People also forget that RD should have won the 2011 450 MX title except for the freaky bad luck he had! He lost the title to RV by 12 points but RD lost 25 points when his bike died 1/4 lap from the finish at Freestone, and lost about 10 more points when his bike didn't show up until the 1st lap was almost over at Southwick! People never say anything negative about the 3 premiere titles Chad Reed has won, however, in 2004 when he won his first SX title RC4 was injured and not racing! In 2008 Chad won his 2nd title, JS7 was out that year! Then in 2009 Chad won his first MX title, but RV2 was hurt, and JS7 didn't choose to race! To me Chad earned those titles but why no hate like Dungey gets? Dungey has 7 premiere titles and 1 ltes SX title! He has 12 lites SX wins, and 79 combined big bike wins (7 more than RV)! Dungey is considered one of the cleanest riders and one of the sports hardest working! RD5 deserves to be included among the greatest all time in the sport!
People just like to hate. It makes them feel better about their own meaningless lives. Dungey is an easy target for them.
Silliker269
4/5/2017 8:02pm
He is awesome, he just gets 2nd alot to some of the other "greats"
dirtnapper
4/5/2017 8:04pm
JB 19 wrote:
And the fact that all 3 of Reeds major titles came when either Carmichael or Stewart was injured. So there's that. Dungey has 7 titles and...

This all day
4/5/2017 8:06pm
JB 19 wrote:

Yes Reed has lost 3 titles by single digit points, 1 of those years he was docked 25 points for a fuel violation, the next year RC received the same penalty then had the decision reversed. I consider Chad unlucky and RC lucky, had the decisions gone the other way there would be no arguments about RC's nickname (GOAT).
dirtnapper
4/5/2017 8:07pm
newmann wrote:

That pic from MEC, and his "lap behind" ride at Southwick will never not be totally badass and things of legend.
4/5/2017 8:12pm
Ryan Dungey gets a lot of hate for winning titles when people have gotten hurt! That has happened a few times but he still had to...
Chad got plenty of the same "he didnt earn it" negative comments at the time, probably more. People dont talk about it now because it was too long ago. In ten years people will remember Dungeys championships, not the fact that RV retired etc.
RD757
4/5/2017 8:18pm Edited Date/Time 4/5/2017 8:18pm
Anyone who has ever won a professional motocross title receives the upmost respect from me, regardless of the situation.
bama205
4/5/2017 8:22pm Edited Date/Time 4/5/2017 8:23pm
I think because in one of those years Chad really put the wood to RC at the end of the series. Are dungey's titties nice? I haven't seen pictures? I would assume she is hot but haven't really paid attention
Premixed112
4/5/2017 8:52pm
This thread is useless without pics (of Dungey's titties)

lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
4/5/2017 9:10pm
I agree with you 100%

Post a reply to: Truth about Dungey's Titles!

The Latest