Truly wild, wild speculation about Feld and Supercross ownership

warthog898
2/9/2021 8:37am
put this dumb thread to bed already. it was ridiculous when it started and did not age well at all two years later.
enketchum
2/9/2021 11:50pm
warthog898 wrote:
put this dumb thread to bed already. it was ridiculous when it started and did not age well at all two years later.
This looks like a banned member making a new account... 7 posts, created this membership last September, and remembers this thread from 2018. o k
2/10/2021 1:17am
enketchum wrote:
I've been thinking about how Feld runs Monster Jam and how this could relate to their ownership of Supercross. Feld purchased all of Monster Jam. They...
I've been thinking about how Feld runs Monster Jam and how this could relate to their ownership of Supercross.

Feld purchased all of Monster Jam. They own the tricks, they own the likenesses of the truck, they pay the mechanics, they pay the drivers. They hold 4-7 "Monster Jam" events each weekend during their season.

4 of the Monster Jam events are premiere class events and each has 8 trucks or 'teams' at the event. That's is 32 drivers and 32 trucks.

---------

Feld recently held a Supercross event at Anaheim 2 where they dramatically reduced the size of the starting night show field from the normal two classes of 'Fast 40' to 22 riders....

To me, this looks like Feld trying to narrow the field of competitors at each weekend's Supercross event so they can buy every team, bikes, and pay the riders after being paid by the sponsors and factories.

Just wild, wild speculation that I have come up with when comparing Supercross to Monster Jam, which are both owned by Feld.

Also, this is one of the worst logos I've ever seen....

Can't find much info about how Feld owns MJ but Matthes talked about it some time ago. I am basing my assumptions of MJ from his quotes on the show.
Na
warthog898
2/10/2021 3:14am
warthog898 wrote:
enketchum wrote:
This looks like a banned member making a new account... 7 posts, created this membership last September, and remembers this thread from 2018. o k
could have read it after you brought this junk back to life also? off on another speculation. you should quit while your ahead lol

The Shop

wreckitrandy
2/10/2021 2:27pm
Why would Feld want to own the teams? They would be paying for something that they get for more or less free already.
bigk218
Fantasy
3159th
2/10/2021 3:02pm
The teams need to all come together, buy Feld, and start a series without the ama, FIM, etc. or just come together and bypass feld ama FIM all together and just say. Hey we’re starting our own series
enketchum
4/14/2022 2:16pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2022 2:17pm
With the advent of the World Supercross Championship, it sounds like this is becoming a reality to the tune of 50 Million Dollars....

bens152
4/14/2022 10:32pm Edited Date/Time 4/14/2022 10:33pm
You have a lot invested in this thread don’t you lol I will check back in another 3 years, maybe you’ll finally be able to tell us how stupid we are.
Mit12
4/15/2022 8:39am
The monster truck program works well for the fans and the drivers, everyone gets the same money, they don’t have to worry about damaging the trucks. The drivers job is simple, just go out and put on a show. With SX this format would not work as its not not the bike that the riders and teams are concerned with damaging, It’s the riders that are limiting the insane action needed to creat a different more fan oriented crazy show.

It’s not to far fetched to think that FELD could purchase the teams and change how the program works. What would be the difference with FELD running factory Yamaha over Star Racing? If Feld could creat a business plan that made since to the factories it could happen. I highly doubt that it would ever happen.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4254th
4/15/2022 9:24am
enketchum wrote:
With the advent of the World Supercross Championship, it sounds like this is becoming a reality to the tune of 50 Million Dollars.... [img]https://uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/dale-gribble-conspiracy-theories.jpg[/img]
With the advent of the World Supercross Championship, it sounds like this is becoming a reality to the tune of 50 Million Dollars....

$50 million is not enough
Richy
5/6/2023 5:13am Edited Date/Time 5/6/2023 5:13am

My prediction is this will finally happen in the year 2057, when whatever electric / weird science motorcycles and AI humanoids are racing. You'll hear the news on your death bed, and can finally post "Told ya!" In this thread on Vital, just in time to drift off and be at peace.

You will continue to post in here, every few months, until that time comes.

APLMAN99
5/6/2023 7:41am
enketchum wrote:
With the advent of the World Supercross Championship, it sounds like this is becoming a reality to the tune of 50 Million Dollars.... [img]https://uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/dale-gribble-conspiracy-theories.jpg[/img]

$50 million is not enough

I think that this was one of the most prophetic things about this whole situation. It sounded like boatloads of money to a lot of people, but money is one of those fuels that seem to burn exponentially, not linearly. 

APLMAN99
5/6/2023 7:56am
enketchum wrote:

Getting closer..... 

https://youtu.be/fb4seszMgvs

I don’t think that it’s limited to just Feld and Supercross. 

I know that most people don’t believe it, but I honestly think that there was likely a deal made between the SuperMotoCross leadership and Tomac to get him to race the Nationals this season. I have no evidence but it just makes too much sense. 

I think that some may question the ethics of it but it really isn’t an ethical issue. There are no laws or rules (that I can find, at least) to prohibit the SMX folks from paying Tomac to race, just like WSX did last year. The stakes are high enough that it would be stupid NOT to pay Tomac to run the first, full SMX season and playoffs. 

That’s not equivalent to Monster Jam directly hiring riders, but it could very well be a stepping stone. Whether that is a positive or a negative is a completely different argument, though. I think that it is much easier to drive those trucks ‘competitively’ for 10-20 years and build branding for a driver than it is to race SX for that same period of time, but then again if the riders are employed by the promoter then the outcomes of the race much more likely to be ‘scripted’ and become more entertainment than actual competition. 

Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
5/6/2023 8:19am
warthog898 wrote:

How about 5 years later?

mgifracing
Fantasy
357th
5/6/2023 10:33am Edited Date/Time 5/6/2023 10:38am
Rhody wrote:
NASCAR kept messing with their sport until they took all the ingenuity and engineering out of the cars, changed the format, messed with the racing to...
NASCAR kept messing with their sport until they took all the ingenuity and engineering out of the cars, changed the format, messed with the racing to benefit the show. It got to the point that people didn't take the racing at face value any more. Look at NASCAR now, empty grandstands, dimnished sponsorships, cutting driver salaries. Drivers bailing as soon as they have the financial means to. When it stops being a sport it stops being entertaining. I don't watch basketball because I think the games are entirely controlled by the refs. I can't tell what is or isn't a foul, so I assume it's all made up and quit watching.

That was the case until this new gen car came out and now the stands have been packed and they are bringing horsepower back. Back to the Feld deal. Back in 02 the AMA tried this with Supermoto, They paid the "Team owner" and we had to hope got our winnings from the team owner. It didn't work! I think I'm still waiting to get paid for copper Mountain in 02 lol

Tyler D
5/6/2023 2:12pm Edited Date/Time 5/6/2023 2:12pm

F1 and WSX teams have to buy in and there is revenue share. Assuming there's sponsor demand  and broadcast or subscription money(big if), this is the way. Feld lacks the sophistication to pull this off however. They will sell the property before they're ever able to develop it further. They're small timers.

Moto Nomad
5/6/2023 6:55pm

They could do it all cheesy with ridiculous characters and crazy themed bikes like Monster Jam and it would probably sell 10x the tickets.

BobbyMyers
5/6/2023 7:34pm

The only player that could pull it off is Monster Energy. They gots da monies. 

enketchum
5/9/2023 7:04am
Richy wrote:
My prediction is this will finally happen in the year 2057, when whatever electric / weird science motorcycles and AI humanoids are racing. You'll hear the...

My prediction is this will finally happen in the year 2057, when whatever electric / weird science motorcycles and AI humanoids are racing. You'll hear the news on your death bed, and can finally post "Told ya!" In this thread on Vital, just in time to drift off and be at peace.

You will continue to post in here, every few months, until that time comes.

I will have uploaded consciousness to the cloud by then and my hot takes will continue to be posted on Vital ad infinum

Post a reply to: Truly wild, wild speculation about Feld and Supercross ownership

The Latest