Triumph's new race team

Alan Dove
9/7/2021 8:39am
It should be reminded that Triumph are looking to compete with a race team right? I am not sure they really need to bother revealing too much to the world other than "we're racing and building a bike".
McG194
9/7/2021 8:45am
The Triumph debacle continues. A proper press release would quell all wild speculation.
It's only a debacle to you.

You have absolutely no idea what is going on with the Triumph yet you think they are doing it wrong.

As it stands right now it is the absolute best time in dirt bike history. If Triumph makes a turd it will not really affect any of this reading this forum. On the other hand if they make an amazing bike we will all have a choice of another brand to ride. Why piss and moan about something that will make your moto life either the same or better?
Johnny Depp
9/7/2021 8:46am Edited Date/Time 9/7/2021 8:49am
The Triumph debacle continues. A proper press release would quell all wild speculation.
The press release says “all new” and “triumph engineering”. Yet people keep saying suzuki or KTM.
We can all see how effective that has been. T-shirt's and trucks...

It's like wack-a-mole, every day a new thread with nothing.
chrisg19
Fantasy
4327th
9/7/2021 9:47am Edited Date/Time 9/7/2021 9:50am
My thoughts on the Suzuki/Triumph connection. The General manager of Triumph North America left Suzuki after 18 years, for Triumph a few years ago. There must still be some close ties there, and it wouldn’t surprise me if there was some sort of partnership there. Purely my own speculation, but to me at least, it makes the rumor of the two working together a little easier to connect.

The Shop

9/7/2021 10:18am Edited Date/Time 9/7/2021 10:22am
sandhills wrote:
If there is a Suzuki engineering partnership then the Carmichael deal makes even more sense. It's not like any of the new big 4 were going...
If there is a Suzuki engineering partnership then the Carmichael deal makes even more sense.

It's not like any of the new big 4 were going to help Triumph and Suzuki has basically this entire mothballed racing and development apparatus just sitting there, complete with a champion spokesperson.

Starting where Suzuki left off is a huge lead over starting from scratch. It's not as exciting but it makes perfect sense.
My WILD speculation (don't attempt to quell):

They approached JGR as a potential race partner, and there is already a bunch of Zook motor stuff hanging around the race shop to start dinking around with.
McG194
9/7/2021 10:19am
chrisg19 wrote:
My thoughts on the Suzuki/Triumph connection. The General manager of Triumph North America left Suzuki after 18 years, for Triumph a few years ago. There must...
My thoughts on the Suzuki/Triumph connection. The General manager of Triumph North America left Suzuki after 18 years, for Triumph a few years ago. There must still be some close ties there, and it wouldn’t surprise me if there was some sort of partnership there. Purely my own speculation, but to me at least, it makes the rumor of the two working together a little easier to connect.
GM of North America has about as much to do with engineering as the janitor.
McG194
9/7/2021 10:25am
sandhills wrote:
If there is a Suzuki engineering partnership then the Carmichael deal makes even more sense. It's not like any of the new big 4 were going...
If there is a Suzuki engineering partnership then the Carmichael deal makes even more sense.

It's not like any of the new big 4 were going to help Triumph and Suzuki has basically this entire mothballed racing and development apparatus just sitting there, complete with a champion spokesperson.

Starting where Suzuki left off is a huge lead over starting from scratch. It's not as exciting but it makes perfect sense.
My WILD speculation (don't attempt to quell): They approached JGR as a potential race partner, and there is already a bunch of Zook motor stuff hanging...
My WILD speculation (don't attempt to quell):

They approached JGR as a potential race partner, and there is already a bunch of Zook motor stuff hanging around the race shop to start dinking around with.
IMO that isn't wild speculation at all. It's a logical conclusion to various rumors.

Post a reply to: Triumph's new race team

The Latest