Triumph's new race team

Related:
Create New Tag

7/20/2021 11:02 AM

No idea when this bike breaks ground but a possibility for a race team is watch what teams get started this year.

Learning how to build a competitive bike will be hard enough but building a race team at the same time will be just that much harder. If Triumph is smart (and I'm sure they are) they will have a team starting up a year before they go racing. If you see a smaller team with an influx of cash in 22 they just may be racing a British bike in 23.

P.S. Just shut up about KTM being a part of it.

|

7/20/2021 11:21 AM

This isn't their first rodeo in putting together racing efforts.

"Triumph also has a glorious history in racing, competing in and winning races in almost every class and field of motorcycling. From victory in the second ever Isle of Man TT in 1908 through to 1960s road and track domination in Europe and America, the marque’s racing pedigree remains today: the 675cc Triumph triple powered the 2014 Daytona 200 win, the 2014 Isle of Man Supersport TT victory, and the 2014 and 2015 British Supersport titles – as well as lining up on the World Supersport stage."

https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2017/06/05/triumph-racing-history/230660

Yeah, moto is moto but I think between their past, RC and Stanton, they will be just fine.

|

7/20/2021 11:25 AM

Another Triumph thread....

|

7/20/2021 11:29 AM

ItakePhotos wrote:

"Triumph also has a glorious history in racing, competing in ...more

The also support the 765 motors for a if not all, a majority of the Moto2 bikes I believe.

|

7/20/2021 11:31 AM

fourfourone wrote:

Sorry, I'll pick something more timely next time.

|

7/20/2021 11:35 AM

ItakePhotos wrote:

I'm well aware or their history and the fact it isn't their first rodeo but any time you start a new endeavor you like to shorten the learning curve.

If for example Bobby Hewitt does start a new race team he would be the perfect guy to be running an official factory Triumph team in 23. He knows the infrastructure needed and has a rolodex (?) of people to put in key positions.

|

7/20/2021 11:37 AM

fourfourone wrote:

Why not?! Great news that another brand thinks it’s worthwhile to invest millions into our sport!!

It’s big news!

|

7/20/2021 11:43 AM

ItakePhotos wrote:

McG194 wrote:

I'm well aware or their history and the fact it isn't their first rodeo but any time you start a new endeavor you like to ...more

I would be very surprised if they have a factory effort by 23.

|

7/20/2021 11:50 AM

ItakePhotos wrote:

McG194 wrote:

I'm well aware or their history and the fact it isn't their first rodeo but any time you start a new endeavor you like to ...more

LouisianaMotocross wrote:

I would be very surprised if they have a factory effort by 23.

Right now we have no idea when they will be producing motorcycles. My bet is they will have a race team 1 year before on a different brand bike.

|

7/20/2021 12:06 PM

I'd love to see it. Still have my 74 650 Bonnie I got just out of high school. Hard to believe that was a large bike back then. Now everybody thinks you have to have a 1000 to start out on.

|

7/20/2021 12:47 PM

Bajaj is currently building a factory, slated to open in 2023. Its exclusively for their premier partnerships - Triumph, KTM, Husqvarna. https://www.indiatoday.in/auto/latest-auto-news/story/-bajaj-factory-for-triumph-ktm-and-husqvarna-to-begin-operations-in-2023-1801732-2021-05-12

What does that mean? Are we going to see green KTMs? Maybe? Will it be for dirtbikes? Who knows.

Its a lot of speculation right now.

|

7/20/2021 12:49 PM

ItakePhotos wrote:

skeef wrote:

The also support the 765 motors for a if not all, a majority of the Moto2 bikes I believe.

It is all. It is a spec engine within the Moto2 class

|

7/20/2021 1:53 PM

ItakePhotos wrote:

Exactly how many OFF road teams have they had?

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

7/20/2021 1:58 PM

McG194 wrote:

Right now we have no idea when they will be producing motorcycles. My bet is they will have a race team 1 year before on a ...more

Wat

|

7/20/2021 4:09 PM

Maybe I missed it -too many Triumph threads- but I'm kinda surprised I haven't seen any of these famous pix today yet...
wink

Photo
Photo

Photo

Photo
Photo

Photo

|

7/20/2021 4:23 PM

Crash217 wrote:

Bajaj is currently building a factory, slated to open in 2023. Its exclusively for their premier partnerships - Triumph, KTM, ...more

This factory is just to build nikes for the India market pretty sure . Ktm has no stake or investment in triumph . Triumph is triumph and nothing to do with ktm . They sell more street side bikes then ktm and Harley so I’m pretty sure they don’t need any help from ktm !!

|

7/20/2021 8:20 PM

can Jmart just race a KTM unitl the bike is ready? lol

|

7/22/2021 3:27 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/22/2021 3:29 PM

Anyone think that the knuckleheads that thumbed down my idea will have a change of heart?

Photo

|

7/22/2021 3:53 PM

They should Call dungey up if he’s still got the ole hunger.

|

"Shifting gears and passing queers" GL

7/22/2021 4:28 PM

ZOBITO wrote:

Maybe I missed it -too many Triumph threads- but I'm kinda surprised I haven't seen any of these famous pix today yet...
wink

Photo
Photo ...more

Photo
|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

7/22/2021 5:02 PM

Photo
|

Make sure you downvote!

7/22/2021 5:43 PM

I think I’m more frustrated that this announcement breaks and all they have to show for it is RC wearing a t shirt. Cmon now driver!

|

7/22/2021 5:52 PM

bigk218 wrote:

I think I’m more frustrated that this announcement breaks and all they have to show for it is RC wearing a t shirt. Cmon now ...more

Get over it, you have no idea how PR works.

I'm sure you wanted an announcement, bike reveal, bike test, suggested suspension settings, race team introduced and race semi all unveiled same day.

|

7/22/2021 6:56 PM

bigk218 wrote:

I think I’m more frustrated that this announcement breaks and all they have to show for it is RC wearing a t shirt. Cmon now ...more

He lost weight for you, Bro
What more do you want?

|

Make sure you downvote!

7/22/2021 7:01 PM

JMart has no excuse for not moving up now.

|

7/22/2021 7:07 PM

The Real question is will they have 350's?

|

7/22/2021 9:59 PM

Anstie seems like he’d be a good fit

|

7/22/2021 10:39 PM

McG194 wrote:

Anyone think that the knuckleheads that thumbed down my idea will have a change of heart?

Photo

Well now we know your Twitter handle is BHood.

|

7/23/2021 4:50 AM

McG194 wrote:

Photo

bigk218 wrote:

Well now we know your Twitter handle is BHood.

Nice try but you outsmarted yourself. Which doesn't appear to be all that difficult. My Twitter and Insta handle is the same handle I have on here.

|

7/23/2021 5:32 AM

JOE_SPROCKETS#1 wrote:

They should Call dungey up if he’s still got the ole hunger.

RC and Fro already talked with Dungey on real talk podcast.

|