Trip of a lifetime to Cali.

Drtbykr
Edited Date/Time 2/19/2014 7:07pm
Wanted 2 go to Cali. since before Hannah was on a 125. Family finally got the spare dough, off we go!

It will be in August, so no "big boy" races, but is there an MX racing scene going on at all?

Pro's practice on Thursday at GH?

I am going to GH anyway and make dirt angels or something. Have only dreamed about seeing that track!

Staying in Marina Del Rey area.

Thanks
|
2/19/2014 2:12am
You should check out RaceSoCal, 14 bikes, you stay at an awesome ranch and get to ride all the top Southern Cali tracks.
moto314
2/19/2014 7:37am
You should check out RaceSoCal, 14 bikes, you stay at an awesome ranch and get to ride all the top Southern Cali tracks.
X2! might as well ride Glen Helen, Thursday is the best day.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
2/19/2014 8:08am
I was down there last August/September and saw guys testing ever track I went to. Dungey, AC, Ivan, Millsaps, ect.

Pala is really fun to ride and you can fan pit between your Motos. If you are staying in Marina Del Ray, I suggest you ride Zaca Station if you are looking for a fun outdoor track. It's just north of Santa Barbara. One of the best tracks I ever rode.

Milestone(lots of pro sightings here) and comp edge are ok. Piru Mx is right near LA, local track if you want to ride for a little bit. But Pala and Zaca are my favorites!

The Shop

2/19/2014 8:30am
My buddy did that back in October. He ended up breaking his leg at the world vets. Had to go pick him up in the opposite corner of the continent and drive his rig back.
Outsider
2/19/2014 9:11am
Not a great time to see the pros at the local tracks... but go to GH saturday morning and all the MXA orange helmets will be racing!
Brent
2/19/2014 10:55am
You will see national pro riders no matter what time of year at either Pala, Milestone, or Glen Helen.

Marina Del Ray is a bit of a drive from all of those tracks especially in gridlock LA traffic, so plan for 1-1/2 to 2 hours one way to any of those tracks. If you are riding, you should try to get to the Ranch out in Anza also, they have a replica of the Carlsbad track that is pretty cool.

Oh and it will be hot, so be prepared, especially if you are planning to ride, hydration the week before.
2/19/2014 11:46am Edited Date/Time 2/19/2014 11:46am
From that area look at the 14 freeway to hwy 138 to hwy 395. Cuts all of the crap LA traffic out of the drive to GH. Comp Edge and Race town 395 are both off of HWY 395 and with in 15mins of one another. Have fun and stop by Comp Edge on Tuesday if the wind isn't bad.
Outsider
2/19/2014 11:49am Edited Date/Time 2/19/2014 1:59pm
Brent wrote:
You will see national pro riders no matter what time of year at either Pala, Milestone, or Glen Helen. Marina Del Ray is a bit of...
You will see national pro riders no matter what time of year at either Pala, Milestone, or Glen Helen.

Marina Del Ray is a bit of a drive from all of those tracks especially in gridlock LA traffic, so plan for 1-1/2 to 2 hours one way to any of those tracks. If you are riding, you should try to get to the Ranch out in Anza also, they have a replica of the Carlsbad track that is pretty cool.

Oh and it will be hot, so be prepared, especially if you are planning to ride, hydration the week before.
Not the best time.. still a chance to see guys not racing though

2014 National Schedule

August 9 Unadilla
August 16 Crawfordsville, IN
August 23 Tooele, UT
2/19/2014 11:55am
Sheriff245 wrote:
My buddy did that back in October. He ended up breaking his leg at the world vets. Had to go pick him up in the opposite...
My buddy did that back in October. He ended up breaking his leg at the world vets. Had to go pick him up in the opposite corner of the continent and drive his rig back.
I know this guy... but hey you've got a free plane ticket to Vegas because of me ;-)
I rode GH, Cahuilla Creek and Zaca. In order my favorite were Zaca, Cahuille and GH. But all of then are way different than what I'm used to in Quebec. Have a good insurance plan!!!
brocster
2/19/2014 1:22pm
made the trek out west last April with my bike and was able to check one off the bucket list. Not sure if i'll drive out again anytime soon but I will be back for sure as my son is now living in HB. Rode GH and Milestone and hope to ride more in the future via RaceSoCal or similar. Enjoy! I know I did....
captmoto
2/19/2014 1:40pm
I think the Nationals are still running in August, right? It's pretty hot and can be humid in late August. All the tracks are still open though and there is a lot of riding to do. There will be some good trail riding in Gorman too. Make sure you have a spark arrestor and maybe your title/reg/COO for your bike.
Drtbykr
2/19/2014 7:07pm
I'm an old woods fart, but have always loved moto, even more than hockey (not a good Canadian eh?).
Check out my youtube channel Drtbykr1 for examples.

Gonna hit a few shops (KTM) and see at least Glen Helen.

Thanks 4 the replies, hope I can still stomach attending Riverglade every year after seeing an AMA track, lol.

Post a reply to: Trip of a lifetime to Cali.

The Latest