Tips 'n tricks for keeping focus on riding technique

Related:
Create New Tag

8/21/2018 2:41 AM

I was wondering if you guys have any tips on keeping focus on technique while riding. I notice when doing a lap I tend to lose focus halfway the lap going from good form to any form. It's messing up riding technique, making weird line choices, wasting energy etc.

First half of lap feels:
Photo

Second half of lap feels:
Photo

|

8/21/2018 3:45 AM

I have the same problem. I was told at a mx school recently to just slow down and practise correct technique, every time I'm at the track I forget and just spend my time trying to keep with someone who rides faster than me.
I gotta just bite the bullet and go out there and do as I was told..

|

2020 YZ450F
2006 YZ125
2013 YZ 250F special edition
2017 YZ 250
2015 YZ 250f soecial edition
2019 KTM 85 big wheel
1979 YZ 250

8/21/2018 4:01 AM

Try thinking ahead to the next section of the track and think about how you want to apply the technique that you're working on to the section you're about to go through. Kind of a generic blanket statement, but it has helped me with cornering, keeping on the balls of my feet, etc.

|

8/21/2018 4:51 AM

aspiess328 wrote:

Try thinking ahead to the next section of the track and think about how you want to apply the technique that you're working on ...more

That is one thing I noticed that's part of the struggle. Keeping the balls of my feet is the first essential thing that goes out of the window and from there on I'm kind of out of control, not jumping stuff because not comfortable etc. Thanks for the tip!

|

8/21/2018 5:25 AM

Drop your pace and build up riding efficient. It's a weird feeling but once you stop trying hard you'll notice you're just as fast riding a bit more timid but with more efficiency (meaning later downshifts, later breaking etc.). It helped me a lot and wish I found out earlier.

|

8/21/2018 6:25 AM

Like others said, just slow down and try to perfect your technique.

|

8/21/2018 6:36 AM

Don't ride the whole track all day. Having a problem in a corner or a section? Only ride that section or practice that corner for a while then do a few laps and see where else you have a problem. Practice that part for a bit then link the two sections together or ride a few full laps and see how your doing in the sections you practiced.

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ