Trey Canard

Related:
Create New Tag

4/29/2020 8:13 AM

The Herlings thread got me thinking about Trey Canard. He was crazy fast and exciting when he was on it. I miss him.

After the season ending 2014 Utah National where he went 1-1 I got the chance to congratulate him in the pits about 20 minutes after the race and I told him how cool it was to see him ride "in the zone". He was typical Trey, full of humility and gratitude.

Anyone have any favorite Trey moments?

https://racerxonline.com/2020/04/23/redux-dont-forget-how-fast-trey-canard

|

4/29/2020 9:08 AM

One of my favorite Trey moments....watching him win the inaugural Petco Park Supercross in 2015.

Trey is a class act. I'm glad he's still involved in racing as support.

Photo

|

Support those who protect us....our military, law enforcement and 1st responders.

4/29/2020 9:13 AM

Was it Trey that punted RV for a 250 SX championship?

|

4/29/2020 9:22 AM

Motoxdoc wrote:

Yes, 2008 St. Louis, was awesome to see live because you could feel and see that Trey was not going to quite. But then again, you didn’t expect to see what happened

|

4/29/2020 10:15 AM

Motoxdoc wrote:

Trey is awesome. Didn't he also win the Outdoors Championship when Pourcel went down at the last round at Pala??

|

"I love the smell of race gas in the morning"

4/29/2020 10:20 AM

I was at the first Ironman national in 2014, ot was a mudder. Trey won, I didn't notice he was taking a victory lap and started looking at my phone. I hear a bike, look up, and see the business end of his rear tire pointing at me, Trey looking back and smiling ear to ear, and promptly got covered in Factory Honda roost. Good times.

|

4/29/2020 10:28 AM

I saw Trey give his total earnings from the Swam Mx Pro challenge one year to an injured rider in that area, after willing everything that day. He is the best in my mind.

Paw Paw

|

4/29/2020 10:33 AM

Paw Paw 271 wrote:

I saw Trey give his total earnings from the Swam Mx Pro challenge one year to an injured rider in that area, after willing everything that day. He is the best in my mind.

Paw Paw

That's Class

|

"I love the smell of race gas in the morning"

4/29/2020 10:41 AM

His interview on Whiskey Throttle show is awesome. Such a good person. The world needs more people like him.

|

Support those who protect us....our military, law enforcement and 1st responders.

4/29/2020 11:17 AM

At a pre-SX dealer autograph signing, I saw him run out of autograph stock right before the end of the session, and there was an obviously disappointed kid in the line. Trey took his team-issue hat off, signed it and gave it to the kid. Class move.

H

|

4/29/2020 11:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/29/2020 11:25 AM

|

4/29/2020 11:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/29/2020 11:51 AM

davistld01 wrote:

Loved the Villo pass.... that's racing! (now replace the name with "Ferrandis"....LOL.)

Some incredible racecraft in the 2nd video.... just wow...Canard was trying everything.

|

4/29/2020 1:12 PM

He testing for Honda now isn’t he
I remember Roczen seemed gunked how fast is he now never mind back then.

|

4/29/2020 1:17 PM

Houston SX 2011, Trey was so tenacious taking the win from Dungey.

|

Holeshot Coffee Co.
Each bag sold donates $1 to Road2Recovery

4/29/2020 1:29 PM

he was always one to watch, never knew what was going to happen..

|

4/29/2020 2:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/29/2020 3:20 PM

I know people always say Trey took RV out for that championship but every time I watch it, all I can see is a mistake by RV by casing the double and Trey was already on his trajectory. Was he going to let off once that happened though? Hells nah. I'm not sure if people think it was dirty or intentional (i definitely don't) but just thought I'd share my view.

Also, Canard is a badass, loved his mentality as a racer, was such a pity he had so many injuries through his career but you couldn't ask for a better role model.

|

4/29/2020 2:26 PM

Im not much for the jesus stuff but I could watch Canard and Gajser ride all day. Those guys have a shit loads of steeze. Reminds me of watching PJ Ladd and Mark Appleyard skate back in the day.

|

4/29/2020 2:38 PM

Big canard fan!

|

4/29/2020 2:54 PM

Trey’s rookie 450 SX season is underrated. He got 2 or 3 wins against Stewart, Reed, Villopoto and Dungey when they were all in their prime.

|

4/29/2020 3:20 PM

teamddr wrote:

He testing for Honda now isn’t he
I remember Roczen seemed gunked how fast is he now never mind back then.

what does Gunked mean ? wassat

|

Don't be a Pussy...

4/29/2020 3:30 PM

olympiamann wrote:

what does Gunked mean ? wassat

Photo
|

4/29/2020 5:13 PM

He was crazy fast in 09 before he broke his wrist at Hi Point

|

4/29/2020 5:21 PM

SLAPAHO wrote:

he was always one to watch, never knew what was going to happen..

Forgot about that one. Was forgetting why I don't like CR22. Thanks for the reminder.

|

4/29/2020 5:32 PM

Jmicmoto13 wrote:

Forgot about that one. Was forgetting why I don't like CR22. Thanks for the reminder.

Yeah...I remember that. Racing mistake by Trey. It was a total dick move by Reed. He deserved the black flag for that.

|

4/29/2020 6:15 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/29/2020 6:16 PM

Man, someone’s opinion on the Reed/Trey thing has stood the test of time for transparently showing if someone knows a damn thing about racing or not huh? laughing

Jacksonville 11 or 12 vs Reed was good

|

4/29/2020 6:49 PM

My respect for Trey, the racer, was always there.

My respect for Trey, the person, happened on an Outdoor National podium.

The knuckle-draggers were “booing” Pourcel, and Trey called them out on it.

“Why are you guys booing this guy? He is a World Champion! He brings great skill and sportsmanship, and you want to “boo” him?”

Respect.

|

4/29/2020 6:58 PM

jorgechavez wrote:

Trey’s rookie 450 SX season is underrated. He got 2 or 3 wins against Stewart, Reed, Villopoto and Dungey when they were all in their prime.

Won more races than Dunge, the defending champ

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

4/29/2020 7:31 PM

Shiftfaced wrote:

“Why are you guys booing this guy? He is a World Champion! He brings great skill and sportsmanship, and you want to “boo” him?”

Respect.

Pala?

|

4/29/2020 7:50 PM

I was flagging an SX race in SoCal. Trey was walking by in his back cast. As he stood near me, I mentioned I had broken my back in 07 and he would be back to the top in no time. He easily could have blow me off. Instead he asked if I healed properly and gave his appreciation for flagging the events. Complete class act.

|

4/29/2020 7:51 PM

Shiftfaced wrote:

Respect.

Never heard that story before, I've always been a big Trey fan but that solidifies it even more. I wish more people would carry themselves that way.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com