Traxxas 0-100mph in under 5 sec...

trailhopper
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 2:51pm
All for cool $1099.99.

Traxxas Supercar
|
bwh998
12/3/2011 5:58am
fuck yeah, thats cheap too. il post back when mine comes in.
wardy
12/3/2011 6:07am
nope not buying one for the kids til they are four strokes.......
bwh998
12/3/2011 6:09am
wardy wrote:
they are brushless, and those castle motors are bad-asses. there are plenty of four-stroke engines for your r/c car if you were being serious.

The Shop

mxrider225
Fantasy
2881st
12/3/2011 6:54am
wardy wrote:
bwh998 wrote:
they are brushless, and those castle motors are bad-asses. there are plenty of four-stroke engines for your r/c car if you were being serious.
99% of nitro/gas rc cars are two stroke.
bwh998
12/3/2011 7:27am
wardy wrote:
bwh998 wrote:
mxrider225 wrote:
and 100% of r/c owners replace the stock engine in the first few hours. there's plenty of four stroke options available.

i have been racing them since the 90's.
NeWskoolmxer
12/3/2011 7:29am
I can't believe how much they charge for that thing. Most of em are 5 dollars of plastic with a motor on back for 400 bucks?
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
12/3/2011 7:33am
I want that i-phone dock controller for my Traxxas Revo! That's so awesome!
bwh998
12/3/2011 7:36am
I can't believe how much they charge for that thing. Most of em are 5 dollars of plastic with a motor on back for 400 bucks?
really? i had like 3 times what they were asking for this into my savage, and it wasn't even all that trick, just aftermarket electronics mostly.

5 dollars worth of plastic? maybe, if you overlook all of the carbon fiber, titanium and aluminum.
Hut
12/3/2011 9:01am
Why does it need to go 100MPH? it seems like that would be basically useless at that speed. Wouldn't it just outrun your field of vision and smash into the wall?
Rizzo
12/3/2011 9:18am
bwh998 wrote:
mxrider225 wrote:
bwh998 wrote:
and 100% of r/c owners replace the stock engine in the first few hours. there's plenty of four stroke options available. i have been racing them...
and 100% of r/c owners replace the stock engine in the first few hours. there's plenty of four stroke options available.

For that kinda money, Id rather have this 5th scale off road truck. Regarding the 4 stroke motors, nobody in the 8th scale off road racing scene is running one. They are primarily airplane motors. In an 8th scale buggy or truggy, a .21 or .25 nitro motor is the benchmark. The motor to have is an OS Speed. On road is pretty much the same only they run .12, .18 and .21 motors, all are nitro motors and none of them 4 strokes.

http://www.losi.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSB0019BLKBD
12/3/2011 9:18am
I just looked on their site and it doesn't even say 100 MPH scale, can that thing really hit a hundred? Man you could put an eye out with that.
Hank_Thrill
12/3/2011 9:18am Edited Date/Time 12/3/2011 9:19am
Hut wrote:
Why does it need to go 100MPH? it seems like that would be basically useless at that speed. Wouldn't it just outrun your field of vision...
Why does it need to go 100MPH? it seems like that would be basically useless at that speed. Wouldn't it just outrun your field of vision and smash into the wall?
Uh... not if you rent out a Nascar track. lol

For some of you guys who are into R/C cars, I have a question. How good are the pros in that sport/hobby compared to the average racer? I just can't imagine a pro in that sport being significantly better than an average dude who has been racing cars, for say, four years. Is it their ability to build a fast car? Consistency? Or ungodly speed?
Barrett57
12/3/2011 9:23am
Has anyone ever done that thing where they end up driving the car at themselves? I did it with a TMAXX that was doing about 25 mph and lucky it just missed me.

Wouldnt want to end up doing it with that thing.
trailhopper
12/3/2011 9:32am
I just looked on their site and it doesn't even say 100 MPH scale, can that thing really hit a hundred? Man you could put an...
I just looked on their site and it doesn't even say 100 MPH scale, can that thing really hit a hundred? Man you could put an eye out with that.
The fine print at the bottom of their page states:

*Unlock the 100+mph speed only with the Traxxas Link App. Included high-speed gearing and High Downforce splitter are required for 100+mph operation.

Unlocking 100+mph speed capability requires the Traxxas Link Application (download from the App Store) and an iPhone or iPod touch (sold separately). iPhone and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
TallCan 16
12/3/2011 9:39am Edited Date/Time 12/3/2011 9:42am
It is the same as motocross. You will see the local fast guy and think "wow", but to watch a world champion like Ryan Cavalieri or Jared Tebo with your own eyes, is simply amazing and on a whole 'nother level. In both of their cases, just like many of the top moto pros, they had a very dedicated father that played a big role in getting them to the top.

Also just think of how many more people would be really good at moto if it were not for the risk of injury. Take that out of the equation and the level of fast equipment/consistency/ungodly speed it takes to rise to the top are now amplified. And also you do not need to let your body rest, so the amount of practice time required to be at the top is unreal.

The only true breakout in the off-road scene in recent years, Dustin Evans, from what i hear was running all day, day in and day out more or less under the radar for about 5 years before he started getting noticed.
Rizzo
12/3/2011 9:42am
Uh... not if you rent out a Nascar track. lol For some of you guys who are into R/C cars, I have a question. How good...

For some of you guys who are into R/C cars, I have a question. How good are the pros in that sport/hobby compared to the average racer? I just can't imagine a pro in that sport being significantly better than an average dude who has been racing cars, for say, four years. Is it their ability to build a fast car? Consistency? Or ungodly speed?
The "pros" are night and day against your average racer. It's just like the moto scene, you have local experts that do well and smaller events/regional stuff. You might be top dog in you city, but a regional or state event, you're top ten. When you attend a big event or the equilevant of a national, the paid drivers or pros rule the roost and your state winner is in the D main or even running a lower class instead of Pro because he knows there is no chance. Top pros in 8th scale Off Road are making 6 figures when you count salary, winnings, contingency etc. Not only are they super fast, they hit the same line over and over and over. Not to mention they know setup and have all the free cars/parts they could need.
dkg
12/3/2011 10:02am
Uh... not if you rent out a Nascar track. lol For some of you guys who are into R/C cars, I have a question. How good...

Don't know about now, but a few years back I was into this stuff. Ran a lot out locally in So. Cal. Attended a few Reedy Race of Champions events, there was this one guy from Japan, he was world champ at that time. Funny thing was he still drove the two stick airplane type of controller. All I can say is he could drive the thing with his stick controller using his feet faster than most of the local hotshots. In the main event races with guys from all over the world, the true "pros" were absolutely in a class of their own. It was when I saw the foot driving, that I realized that I would just have to be happy going fast and breaking parts .... lol.
Tiki
Fantasy
1695th
12/3/2011 10:30am
Not to be a dick (more of a guy thing) what will it look like when it augers into the wall at 100 MPH? Man that thing is smokin fast.
mx757
12/3/2011 10:34am
I started running R/C cars for a bit when I got hurt. Things are a blast to play with. I had a CEN Matrix buggy and truggy, both of them the FRE kit versions, both with Novarosi motors (.21 in the buggy and .28 in the truggy) Vantage carbon fiber exhausts (that are loud as hell) Panther premounted tires and wheels (I hate gluing up tires haha) and Airtronics radio systems with ACE servos. Little bastards are a money trap for sure. I had enough money into each of those to have bought a clean used 125.
maru
12/3/2011 11:05am
Hi guys. I am a long time lurker here and this is my first post. Early in the thread someone asked how much better a pro rc racer is than a local guy with 4 years of race experience. While I have not raced in over a decade, at one time I was a reasonably fast local rc racer. I raced oval speedway cars, my stuff usually handled pretty good, I set a few track records and won a few races. I attended one National championship pro level event which happened to be held at a track I was familiar with. All the top factory supported names of the day were in attendance. In my experience, which I will admit Is somewhat limited, the difference is light years. The two can not even be compared. Yes they have special gear nobody can get at times and yes it is set up perfect almost all the time, but that is only part of the story. If RV showed up with team K in full force to a local mx track, gave it everything he had in the 4 years of experience class, it would not be much of a contest. Same deal.
bwh998
12/3/2011 11:30am
Hut wrote:
Why does it need to go 100MPH? it seems like that would be basically useless at that speed. Wouldn't it just outrun your field of vision...

the cars are really fast, but i don't really know. i know that they would smoke my ass in short order, but that doesn't really answer your question.

here's an electric 1/8 touring car race, i think the guys are pretty good to keep those things on that narrow track at those speeds. i always raced trucks, they are quite a bit slower than these, but we got jumps to make up for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaXLtPGrTGQ&feature=fvwrel
roost251
12/3/2011 11:33am
Who here remembers "the ranch pit shop" in pomona??

damm Im old.
bwh998
12/3/2011 11:35am Edited Date/Time 12/3/2011 11:42am
mxrider225 wrote:
bwh998 wrote:
and 100% of r/c owners replace the stock engine in the first few hours. there's plenty of four stroke options available. i have been racing them...

Rizzo wrote:
For that kinda money, Id rather have this 5th scale off road truck. Regarding the 4 stroke motors, nobody in the 8th scale off road racing...
For that kinda money, Id rather have this 5th scale off road truck. Regarding the 4 stroke motors, nobody in the 8th scale off road racing scene is running one. They are primarily airplane motors. In an 8th scale buggy or truggy, a .21 or .25 nitro motor is the benchmark. The motor to have is an OS Speed. On road is pretty much the same only they run .12, .18 and .21 motors, all are nitro motors and none of them 4 strokes.

http://www.losi.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSB0019BLKBD
i never said they were as fast as a 2 stroke, that would be dumb. so then i never implied that they dominated the racing scene either, but plenty of people are using them. have you been absent from the scene for 25 years?

does this look slow to you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MM2VkWgYGE

and that losi you posted looks good, but i would rather have the HPI 5T, i've had good experiences with their trucks and the aftermarket for the 5t is huge.

and i want to post this one just because the car is fucking sexy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjjhG5o4Apo&feature=related
TallCan 16
12/3/2011 11:37am
Tiki wrote:
Not to be a dick (more of a guy thing) what will it look like when it augers into the wall at 100 MPH? Man that...
Not to be a dick (more of a guy thing) what will it look like when it augers into the wall at 100 MPH? Man that thing is smokin fast.
Probably like a kit you put together yourself, only before it is put together!
Snacks
12/3/2011 12:57pm
Rizzo wrote:
The "pros" are night and day against your average racer. It's just like the moto scene, you have local experts that do well and smaller events/regional...
The "pros" are night and day against your average racer. It's just like the moto scene, you have local experts that do well and smaller events/regional stuff. You might be top dog in you city, but a regional or state event, you're top ten. When you attend a big event or the equilevant of a national, the paid drivers or pros rule the roost and your state winner is in the D main or even running a lower class instead of Pro because he knows there is no chance. Top pros in 8th scale Off Road are making 6 figures when you count salary, winnings, contingency etc. Not only are they super fast, they hit the same line over and over and over. Not to mention they know setup and have all the free cars/parts they could need.
That pretty much sums it up. The first time I seen Ryan Cavalieri of Team Associated race, it was like watching a slot car that would not come off the track no matter how fast he went. If you get a chance to race at the same track as the top RC pros it will give you a new respect for the level they are at.

The X0-1 is crazy fast, your going to need space and a parachute to stop that thing. This video will give you a idea of what your going to be looking at when your RC car hits triple digits and something else. Your going to need a bloodhound dog to find the rest of your parts....

Hallzilla
12/3/2011 3:58pm Edited Date/Time 12/3/2011 3:59pm
It would be in a 100 pieces, in my hands
Hut
12/3/2011 4:14pm

The video was at Texas and that is 1 1/2 mile oval. You'd need to be Steve Austin to see well enough to control that thing that far across the track. I honestly don't know anything about these new r/c cars though. My last r/c car was about 20 years ago, an offroad pickup body Tamiya kit. I had a lot of trick parts in that son of a gun though. Cool Those darn things are like a drug, once you build it you never stop upgrading. Cool
12/3/2011 4:50pm Edited Date/Time 12/3/2011 6:56pm
If anyone is interested in a 100 m.ph. car, I have one that was built with that purpose in mind. Project that I lost interest in. All stuff is new except the chassis which is used but perfect. Tons of extra parts. Just needs a radio. Never run. HPI Pro-4, Lehner brushless, 14.8v. and a 7.4 v li-po, warrior SC,, ton of new extra parts -$300 worth) lamborgini body..... blah blah blah. Sorry for the spam but its hard to even know where to find someone interested in something like this! So if you know someone they can get a sweet deal. The motor and speed control alone was $250.................... Everything for $260 thickstack@aol.com

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us" class="img-fluid" />
tobz
12/3/2011 5:06pm
I like the new radio system...might go well in the slash.

Post a reply to: Traxxas 0-100mph in under 5 sec...

The Latest