Travis doin Evel.

motogrady
6/27/2018 5:23am Edited Date/Time 6/29/2018 1:06pm
Didn't see this anywhere on the site.
Thought a few might want to tune in, it's about a week away.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-01/how-travis-pastrana-…

https://youtu.be/cnPZq9rdNEI
|
Fonzarelli
6/27/2018 6:19am
Pastrana is 100 times the motorcycle rider that Evel ever was and there's no question he's got the balls to attempt just about anything so it just makes me wonder why he is doing this. If he was going to do it on a 1967 Triumph Bonneville I would be very impressed... but he's not. They keep trying to claim he's going to be on an equivalent bike, but he's not. Lots of people have already done this stuff and much more on modern bikes.
tingo
6/27/2018 6:30am
Fonzarelli wrote:
Pastrana is 100 times the motorcycle rider that Evel ever was and there's no question he's got the balls to attempt just about anything so it...
Pastrana is 100 times the motorcycle rider that Evel ever was and there's no question he's got the balls to attempt just about anything so it just makes me wonder why he is doing this. If he was going to do it on a 1967 Triumph Bonneville I would be very impressed... but he's not. They keep trying to claim he's going to be on an equivalent bike, but he's not. Lots of people have already done this stuff and much more on modern bikes.
It’s a promo for Indian Motorcycles; it’s cool; and Pastrana is surely getting paid to do it. Wonder no more.
6/27/2018 7:02am
It has been in a previous post and I keep asking the same question " DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE AND IF I CAN GET TICKETS TO SEE IT LIVE??!???"
I'm in Vegas that weekend and would love to watch it live.
Thanks for any help in advance.

The Shop

motogrady
6/27/2018 7:23am
It has been in a previous post and I keep asking the same question " DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE AND IF I CAN GET TICKETS TO...
It has been in a previous post and I keep asking the same question " DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE AND IF I CAN GET TICKETS TO SEE IT LIVE??!???"

From what I understand, it's gonna be free.
The Fountain jump, there is a Bar sitting on half the run up to the ramp.
He's gonna practically back the bike up to window of the pub, which will be open for regular business,
and have 200 instead 400 feet run up to the ramp.

Hey, biggest thing, like he says in the article, is he's been practicing, and already feels a bit of a sissy for that alone.

I mean, rumor has it, Evel would just show up, size the jump up, drink about 1/2 a pint of whisky, and go for it.

Hey, anyway you look at it, it's 170 feet, with a postage stamp landing ramp to aim for.

His son made it, I think Metzger did it, both on dirt bikes.

1/2 the run up from what the other guys had, a little bit of wheel spin, a little too much throttle, a little squirrelly on takeoff, he's a grease spot in the road.
AHRMA361
Fantasy
262nd
6/27/2018 8:30am
Gary Wells missed the landing ramp on a 1980 CR250 Honda and was pretty fubar. When shit goes wrong it can get really bad. Best of luck to TP.
JAFO92
6/27/2018 9:02am
tingo wrote:
It’s a promo for Indian Motorcycles; it’s cool; and Pastrana is surely getting paid to do it. Wonder no more.
^ This

Travis may play the ADHD adrenaline junky in front of a camera, but hes a damn saavy business guy behind the scenes and I hope he makes bank on this gig.

Give 'em hell Travis and happy landings.
6/27/2018 9:44am
It has been in a previous post and I keep asking the same question " DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE AND IF I CAN GET TICKETS TO...
motogrady wrote:
From what I understand, it's gonna be free. The Fountain jump, there is a Bar sitting on half the run up to the ramp. He's gonna...

From what I understand, it's gonna be free.
The Fountain jump, there is a Bar sitting on half the run up to the ramp.
He's gonna practically back the bike up to window of the pub, which will be open for regular business,
and have 200 instead 400 feet run up to the ramp.

Hey, biggest thing, like he says in the article, is he's been practicing, and already feels a bit of a sissy for that alone.

I mean, rumor has it, Evel would just show up, size the jump up, drink about 1/2 a pint of whisky, and go for it.

Hey, anyway you look at it, it's 170 feet, with a postage stamp landing ramp to aim for.

His son made it, I think Metzger did it, both on dirt bikes.

1/2 the run up from what the other guys had, a little bit of wheel spin, a little too much throttle, a little squirrelly on takeoff, he's a grease spot in the road.
Thanks,
The pub it is, better get there early!
Metzger did it in 2006 with a backflip, his bike is in a karting track just off the strip
FuzzyLogic
6/27/2018 11:39am
Pastrana is an all around likable guy that has done amazing things on a motorcycle. I really wish we would have been able to see a longer motocross career as he could do things / attempt things that others wouldn't even think about doing. I know he has had bumps. bruises, and broken bones over the years of all his stunts, but I cannot believe he has been able to avoid a life altering injury with the way he is willing to do just about anything that could be dreamed up on a motorcycle.
motogrady
6/27/2018 11:46am
FuzzyLogic wrote:
Pastrana is an all around likable guy that has done amazing things on a motorcycle. I really wish we would have been able to see a...
Pastrana is an all around likable guy that has done amazing things on a motorcycle. I really wish we would have been able to see a longer motocross career as he could do things / attempt things that others wouldn't even think about doing. I know he has had bumps. bruises, and broken bones over the years of all his stunts, but I cannot believe he has been able to avoid a life altering injury with the way he is willing to do just about anything that could be dreamed up on a motorcycle.

I remember Rodger D was the manager at yellow when TP was racing, and wasn't happy with what he was doing when not racing.
motogrady
6/27/2018 11:48am
Thanks, The pub it is, better get there early! Metzger did it in 2006 with a backflip, his bike is in a karting track just off...
Thanks,
Metzger did it in 2006 with a backflip, his bike is in a karting track just off the strip

Jeez........ If that don't take something out of it.

I mean, how you gonna top that?
6/27/2018 11:57am
Thanks, The pub it is, better get there early! Metzger did it in 2006 with a backflip, his bike is in a karting track just off...
Thanks,
motogrady wrote:

Jeez........ If that don't take something out of it.

I mean, how you gonna top that?
Frontflip on a Harley hardtail ???
500guy
6/27/2018 1:14pm
3 hr show for 3 jumps that take about 2 minutes total, they will have to show all the crash highlights a million times.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
6/27/2018 10:15pm
Fonzarelli wrote:
Pastrana is 100 times the motorcycle rider that Evel ever was and there's no question he's got the balls to attempt just about anything so it...
WOW really !!! tell us more, who would have ever guessed, I bet Pastrana will be bummed that you are not impressed.
BobKerr
6/28/2018 7:44am
Dang! He must be getting paid MEGA bucks to wear that goon suit.

gt757
6/28/2018 8:00am
btw Travis doin Travis
Solidkm
6/28/2018 8:11am
Not talking shit, he is undoubtedly talented with brass balls. But am I the only one that’s not a huge fan?
SKIDLID
Fantasy
918th
6/28/2018 3:35pm
gt757 wrote:
btw Travis doin Travis
btw Travis doin Travis
What the hell, unbelievable testicular fortitude !!
ocscottie
6/28/2018 3:40pm
Solidkm wrote:
Not talking shit, he is undoubtedly talented with brass balls. But am I the only one that’s not a huge fan?
Yes.
dimetime
6/28/2018 4:42pm
Solidkm wrote:
ocscottie wrote:
Yes.
No shit. It is impossible not to like the guy.

Nicest dude ever, humble, bad ass, amazing ambassador.

What's not to like?
lostboy819
Fantasy
1568th
6/28/2018 5:02pm
dimetime wrote:
No shit. It is impossible not to like the guy.

Nicest dude ever, humble, bad ass, amazing ambassador.

What's not to like?
I guess because he's not gonna jump a 1967 Triumph people think he's not core. Wink
BR8ES
6/28/2018 6:01pm Edited Date/Time 6/28/2018 6:01pm
If there is anybody more core than Pastrana, I would like to see them. This guy is living the dream and pretty nice as well.
6/28/2018 10:24pm
Solidkm wrote:
Pretty much. Honestly don't see how you can't like the guy unless he bagged your chick. Did he bag your chick Solidkm?
tingo
6/29/2018 7:03am
Solidkm wrote:
Pretty much. Honestly don't see how you can't like the guy unless he bagged your chick. Did he bag your chick Solidkm?
TP is too nice to do that. Hard to see any reason for someone to not like the guy. What is it about him that makes you "not a huge fan", Solidkm?
6/29/2018 8:35am
Solidkm wrote:
tingo wrote:
TP is too nice to do that. Hard to see any reason for someone to not like the guy. What is it about him that makes...
TP is too nice to do that. Hard to see any reason for someone to not like the guy. What is it about him that makes you "not a huge fan", Solidkm?
Funny that you guys think you know him so well. Probably never met him in real life. Not saying he isn't a great guy, just that you guys don't personally know that. I'm not a hater, but I'm not necessarily a fan. I was a fan of his racing. Now a lot of the stuff him and his crew do is just foolish.
tingo
6/29/2018 10:55am
tingo wrote:
TP is too nice to do that. Hard to see any reason for someone to not like the guy. What is it about him that makes...
Funny that you guys think you know him so well. Probably never met him in real life. Not saying he isn't a great guy, just that...
Funny that you guys think you know him so well. Probably never met him in real life. Not saying he isn't a great guy, just that you guys don't personally know that. I'm not a hater, but I'm not necessarily a fan. I was a fan of his racing. Now a lot of the stuff him and his crew do is just foolish.
I don't think I know him well; I know that I don't know him at all. That being said, you can get a general sense of a person based on years of interviews, social media, other people's accounts of him/her, etc. For example, despite not knowing either of them, I wouldn't hesitate to invite TP into my home...Nico Izzi, not so much.
dimetime
6/29/2018 12:19pm
tingo wrote:
Funny that you guys think you know him so well. Probably never met him in real life. Not saying he isn't a great guy, just that...
Actually have run across him a few times in public and what you see is what you get. Nicest dude ever.

One of the times was at the crowded ass gate 4 re-entering for A1. There was Travis in the middle of all us nobodies waiting patiently to get back in. Said hi and told my son and l are huge fans, signs my kids shirt with a sharpie he had and chatted us up as we waited to get in.

He is an awesome guy. Honest.

Post a reply to: Travis doin Evel.

The Latest