Travis Pastrana's night terror stories

228YZ
|
MR. X
8/5/2017 6:21am
I remember hearing him talk about it before . My wife has night terrors ,not that bad though. Imagine getting woke up to a female screaming like she's being assaulted and it immediately turns into a little girl sounding giggle and then back to silence . Some episodes we laugh about ,when she does or says funny stuff.
captmoto
8/5/2017 7:18am
It's scary to think that he may not come out of one of those night terrors. To all the dumb asses that can't wait to get back on the bike after even a minor concussion, pay attention.
KMC440
8/5/2017 7:30am Edited Date/Time 8/5/2017 7:34am
I've had them for years ... they're no fun. I haven't woke up downstairs screaming in the living room for a while so that's good. I was looking in the knife drawer in the kitchen a couple of times, those were scary. Fun ones are when you throw open the front door in February buck naked and get a blast of -17 degree air. HELLO !Shocked

Sleep studies don't do anything except tell you what you know already and the drugs they recommend leave you a zombie for half the morning. To hell with that.

Oh and mine started before any of my concussions Captmoto so I think the correlation is a stretch. My opinion.
resetjet
8/5/2017 7:49am
If you have a near death experience and you are sure you are gonna die for a time it can happen. Pretty much ptsd. I went down in a burning airplane and had them for awhile I still have scary dreams 20 years later.

Travis has plenty of near death experiences and i doubt the concussions help.

The Shop

Jrewing
8/5/2017 2:59pm
I wake up in hysterics sometimes. What's that mean?
SEE ARE125
8/5/2017 6:28pm
I think he's had them since he was a kid. I remember a documentary years ago where his dad was talking about it, and how scary it was as a parent. His dad felt it was about how he buried all his fear while he was awake/conscious, and that the fear was released in his sleep or something along those lines. His dads story was he would run around the house in the middle of the night saying it was on fire and trying to get everyone out.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
8/5/2017 6:50pm Edited Date/Time 8/5/2017 6:52pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
I think he's had them since he was a kid. I remember a documentary years ago where his dad was talking about it, and how scary...
I think he's had them since he was a kid. I remember a documentary years ago where his dad was talking about it, and how scary it was as a parent. His dad felt it was about how he buried all his fear while he was awake/conscious, and that the fear was released in his sleep or something along those lines. His dads story was he would run around the house in the middle of the night saying it was on fire and trying to get everyone out.
There is a lot to what his dad said. Repressing fear/anxiety is a form of stress, which is believed to be part of night terrors. I would be surprised if he didnt have some form of add/adhd (diagnosed or not). There is a school of thought that ADD and/or the medication to treat it can be contributing factors. In other words, a very busy mind awake can yeild a busier (stress) than normal mind during sleep.
KMC440
8/5/2017 7:38pm
I repeatedly have the grandkids fall through my grasp and fall screaming to their deaths ... there are other dreams but they're all bad.
You don't want these kind of dreams. They are extremely emotional. I usually lose it for a few minutes untill I completely come out of it. Even then I have difficulty distinguishing reality. I know there are some that think you can switch these things off but you can't. I've learned to try not be overly stressed, tired or drink to much to mitigate them. It doesn't always work. Good night everyone, tomorrow is a kickass day !!!
Fourth_Floor
8/6/2017 6:56am
I would almost have to think that TP uses a slightly higher percentage of his brain capacity than a normal person. The things the guy has done and accomplished are far beyond the realms of your typical pro athlete. A lot of times, people that are able to use a higher percentage of their brain capacity end up suffering for it somewhere else whether it be severe social awkwardness or some other deficiency. I remember seeing a story about a young guy that was basically able to draw NYC by memory after one trip over it in a helicopter. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3IMP0fwlCM

That would be my guess. I doubt it is repressed fear from dirt bike stunts b/c his nightmares would be dirt bike related much how war verteran's nightmares are war related.

We see all the time, Hollywood makes movies about former professional boxers whom had interesting backgrounds, struggles and stuff like that. I think someday down the road a proper film about TP would be pretty badass. Think of a quality movie like "The Fighter" with Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale but about TP's story.

Post a reply to: Travis Pastrana's night terror stories

The Latest