Travis Pastrana Signed Sobe Jeresy

Chart44
Edited Date/Time 2/2/2020 1:44am
Hi,
I came across this Travis Pastrana signed Jersey. Has anyone seen this jersey before? Was this a replica production jersey you could buy? I did notice this jersey was made in the USA. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

|
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
3/25/2018 5:36pm
Reproduction. I highly doubt Travis wore an X-Large jersey. He's tall yes but a large would make more sense.
RonSkj
Fantasy
131st
3/25/2018 6:01pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2018 6:02pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Reproduction. I highly doubt Travis wore an X-Large jersey. He's tall yes but a large would make more sense.
He use to wear a chest protector or shoulder pads under his jersey, so an xl would make sense.

The Shop

CHaynes
3/25/2018 6:14pm
That looks pretty authentic to me. I don't remember No Fear making a jersey in that colorway, but everything else is legit.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
3/25/2018 6:24pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2018 6:27pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
RonSkj wrote:
He use to wear a chest protector or shoulder pads under his jersey, so an xl would make sense.
Most of the pics I remember seeing of him he wears one over the jersey or none. Only time I've seen him look bulky is when he went for that double backflip and other big tricks.

There's two things I know for sure. Pastrana is a legend and No Fear was the shit back then and needs to come back.

Edit: Could be legit. Most of the gear companies are made overseas so the fact that it's made in the U.S. could be custom for their athlete's. Anyone have old No Fear gear to see where it was made? That could help.
Chart44
3/25/2018 6:28pm
Thanks for the feedback so far! Any idea of what year this jersey may be?
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
3/25/2018 6:41pm
Chart44 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback so far! Any idea of what year this jersey may be?
I don't recall ever seeing that design but I would guess in the later years of the company so '03-'05.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
3/25/2018 6:54pm
For awhile No Fear was selling reproduction signed Pastrana jerseys for under $100. They were being turned around on Ebay and fetching hundreds.

Someone needs to find one of his race worn jerseys from that time and see how the sponsor labels match up. I seem to think his race worn stuff had a little more sponsor blind
wide open wally
Fantasy
3824th
3/25/2018 6:59pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2018 7:01pm
KennyT wrote:
For awhile No Fear was selling reproduction signed Pastrana jerseys for under $100. They were being turned around on Ebay and fetching hundreds. Someone needs to...
For awhile No Fear was selling reproduction signed Pastrana jerseys for under $100. They were being turned around on Ebay and fetching hundreds.

Someone needs to find one of his race worn jerseys from that time and see how the sponsor labels match up. I seem to think his race worn stuff had a little more sponsor blind
I agree. there’s no sponsor logos anywhere on that. It’s either what you said, it wa one they sold or could very easily be one they give to dealers.

And I’m almost 100% positive he wore a large. In that era he wasn’t as near big as he is today either.
Chart44
3/25/2018 7:02pm
This jersey defiantly has a live signature. There is bleed thru from the sharpie.
mingham97
3/25/2018 7:06pm
Im 183 and i wear an xl jersey. Size 32 pant so I'm not stocky either. TP is 188cm so he would absolutely be xl. He was the same height in 2003 too as he was 21. I can't think of many people who got taller once they turned 18
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
3/25/2018 7:08pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2018 7:09pm
Chart44 wrote:
This jersey defiantly has a live signature. There is bleed thru from the sharpie.
He could have easily signed it but it doesn't mean it's one he wore. Like one of the previous poster mentioned, there's a lack of sponsor logos on that jersey. That's one of the reason why I think it's a reproduction.

Where did you get it? Did you ask the seller where it came from/how he got it? Hopefully you didn't spend a whole bunch of money on it. People scam other's all the time and it sucks.
Chart44
3/25/2018 7:14pm
Chances of it being a race worn jersey is slim to none. I totally understand that. From what I have seen of his signature it looks totally legit. What is something like that worth.
1/31/2020 2:07am
Someone ironed on the patches, the jersey is from the 2000 line of gear so he would have worn it in 1999 many years before the sobe sponsorship and back then there was a ton of small logos on the rib area
Chart44
1/31/2020 6:12am
This is not a race worn jersey for sure. As far as the logos being ironed on by someone I don’t believe that is the case. I think it may be some type of promotional jersey.
xrmark
1/31/2020 10:09am
If you want to sell it, let me know !
I’ve got a set of 2011 deano washougal race worn gear and peick jersey from the same race. Both have price tags on them
1/31/2020 11:25am
xrmark wrote:
I’ve got a set of 2011 deano washougal race worn gear and peick jersey from the same race. Both have price tags on them
I appreciate the offer, I have a 2001 signed Travis Pastrana front numberplate I'm looking to pair with a jersey from that era like this one. Just curious, email the prices on the deano gear and Peick jersey. tdlee@clevelandcountyschools.org
1/31/2020 4:01pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Most of the pics I remember seeing of him he wears one over the jersey or none. Only time I've seen him look bulky is when...
Most of the pics I remember seeing of him he wears one over the jersey or none. Only time I've seen him look bulky is when he went for that double backflip and other big tricks.

There's two things I know for sure. Pastrana is a legend and No Fear was the shit back then and needs to come back.

Edit: Could be legit. Most of the gear companies are made overseas so the fact that it's made in the U.S. could be custom for their athlete's. Anyone have old No Fear gear to see where it was made? That could help.
I have a NoFear jersey and it says made in Thailand. It's from 2002 or so.
Kelz87
Fantasy
1468th
1/31/2020 10:16pm
xrmark wrote:
Price on the Peick? I met him last weekend and will forever be a fan now. Super nice dude!
Brosho
2/1/2020 11:07am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Travis gave me this Jersey at the Minneapolis race one year. No Fear made only 2 sets of it for him. This one is XL
Brosho
2/1/2020 11:40am
The front side of the Jersey travis took off after the race and gave to me.
2/1/2020 9:59pm
Brosho wrote:
The front side of the Jersey travis took off after the race and gave to me. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/02/01/401662/s1200_image.jpg[/img]
The front side of the Jersey travis took off after the race and gave to me.
Well now I know why I can’t find that exact Pastrana jersey... because there’s only 2! If you EVER decide to sell or trade that please let me know. Along with the two I have they’re my 3 favorite Pastrana jerseys ever and I have been hunting that one for years. I have these two. Red/white/blue one is from his main event win at Daytona and the orange/white/yellow one I’m not sure which race. Also, one is a large and one is a xl to make matters more complicated haha

Brosho
2/2/2020 1:44am
Sorry. I have never sold any of the Jerseys in my collection. Plus this Pastrana Jersey is very special. Back when Damon Huffman and Travis were on Factory Suzuki I used to go to most of the races with Damon. Decoster would have me Film Damon’s practices. Pastrana liked how I would film Damon and asked me if I would film him also. So at a lot of the races I would film the both of them. So that is some of the reason why Travis wanted to give that jersey to me. I didn’t want to be greedy at the time but now I wish I would have asked for the pants to go with it, since there were only 2 matching sets.

Also I’m not sure if I should tell this but since it was a long time ago I will. I was with Travis and his parents at the Practice Supercross track at Lake Elsinore. Travis was just 16 at the time and we were sitting between practice sessions watching people skydive.

So Travis then said “I would love to do that” at the time Mark Peters maintained the SX practice track there. Mark told Travis how he knew the owners of the skydiving company and offered to see if he could work something out so Travis could jump, even though it was illegal at 16 years old.

Well to make this short. Travis and his Dad both jumped that day. And I happened to have a camera in my truck and Debbie (Travis Mom) was saying how she wished she could get photos of it. I let her use the camera to get photos of it. So basically I used to help them out when I could. So that day in Minneapolis, Travis was inside the Semi getting geared up and I saw that new gear and told him how much I liked it and thought those new colors at that time was so Dope. No Fear was the first to use that color combo.

I Never asked Travis for the Jersey but after that nights races he came off the track and asked me if I wanted that Jersey. 👍🏾😍🏆💪🏾
Chart44
2/2/2020 4:24am
Brosho wrote:
Sorry. I have never sold any of the Jerseys in my collection. Plus this Pastrana Jersey is very special. Back when Damon Huffman and Travis were...
Sorry. I have never sold any of the Jerseys in my collection. Plus this Pastrana Jersey is very special. Back when Damon Huffman and Travis were on Factory Suzuki I used to go to most of the races with Damon. Decoster would have me Film Damon’s practices. Pastrana liked how I would film Damon and asked me if I would film him also. So at a lot of the races I would film the both of them. So that is some of the reason why Travis wanted to give that jersey to me. I didn’t want to be greedy at the time but now I wish I would have asked for the pants to go with it, since there were only 2 matching sets.

Also I’m not sure if I should tell this but since it was a long time ago I will. I was with Travis and his parents at the Practice Supercross track at Lake Elsinore. Travis was just 16 at the time and we were sitting between practice sessions watching people skydive.

So Travis then said “I would love to do that” at the time Mark Peters maintained the SX practice track there. Mark told Travis how he knew the owners of the skydiving company and offered to see if he could work something out so Travis could jump, even though it was illegal at 16 years old.

Well to make this short. Travis and his Dad both jumped that day. And I happened to have a camera in my truck and Debbie (Travis Mom) was saying how she wished she could get photos of it. I let her use the camera to get photos of it. So basically I used to help them out when I could. So that day in Minneapolis, Travis was inside the Semi getting geared up and I saw that new gear and told him how much I liked it and thought those new colors at that time was so Dope. No Fear was the first to use that color combo.

I Never asked Travis for the Jersey but after that nights races he came off the track and asked me if I wanted that Jersey. 👍🏾😍🏆💪🏾
Hey Brosho,
That’s a great story thanks for sharing it! What do you think about shooting Travis a message and asking for some background on the Jersey? It would be great info and a little history on No Fear gear.

Post a reply to: Travis Pastrana Signed Sobe Jeresy

The Latest