Travis Pastrana Joins Miss GEICO Offshore Racing Team

-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3657th
3/5/2020 8:54am Edited Date/Time 3/6/2020 10:47am

Travis Pastrana Joins Miss GEICO Offshore Racing Team

Actionsports Legend and Stunt Performer Hits the High Seas in 2020

RIVIERA BEACH, FL (FEB 2020) – X Games, Supercross, motocross, rally racing, NASCAR and record-breaking stunts…he’s done them all. In 2020, actionsports legend Travis Pastrana will share the cockpit of the 47-foot Miss GEICO Victory catamaran with world champion throttleman Sir Steve Curtis. Together, they will seek to clinch a world championship title during the 2020 World Offshore Championship Series.

Pastrana plans to utilize his long-honed skills developed while racing on dirt courses, as he transitions to a liquid track with constantly changing conditions.

“Challenging myself on the highest possible level while having fun with some of the most passionate people on earth has been the foundation of my racing career,” said Pastrana. “Last year, I had the opportunity to race my good friend Brit Lilly’s offshore powerboat, and was introduced to the world of offshore racing. I am excited to learn from the best with the Miss GEICO team and see what running through the waves at 160 mph feels like.”

“As an expert in off-road motorcycle racing, Travis’ ability to adjust to changes in the terrain will translate perfectly as the driver for the Miss GEICO Offshore Racing Team,” Steve Curtis said. “With the increasing level of talent in the Class ONE race series, competition is at an all-time high. The 2020 season is guaranteed to showcase some of the best action ever seen in the sport of offshore racing.”

Class ONE boats will compete in six world class races during the upcoming season. Stops include events in Cocoa Beach, FL; St. Pete Beach, FL; Sarasota, FL; St. Clair, MI; Michigan City, IN; and Fort Myers Beach, FL.

Class ONE consists of the fastest race boats in the world. These boats weigh exactly 11,750 pounds with sealed 1100 horsepower twin race engines governed by Mercury Racing to ensure fair competition. All of the teams use the same propeller dimensions. The 47-foot-long Miss GEICO Victory catamaran is made of carbon and Kevlar for high performance and can reach top speeds of 160 mph.

When Pastrana is unable to attend a race, American Powerboat Association (APBA) Hall of Champions Inductee Brit Lilly will occupy the driver’s seat next to Curtis. “Having the chance to race with the Miss GEICO Team is the top honor in our sport,” said Lilly. “There is no bigger or better team out there. I couldn’t be more excited to have this opportunity to drive the baddest cat on the water. I’m so pumped to learn from all the greats on the GEICO team. The 2020 season should be one for the record books.”

With identical boat weights, engine horsepower, and propeller sizes, Travis, Brit, and Steve will work closely with world renowned crew chief, Gary Stray, to make adjustments the boat setup, propeller pitch, and plans for precise course management. The Miss GEICO Team is expected to make numerous appearances on the winner’s podium during the 2020 season.

For the latest updates on the OFFICIAL Miss GEICO Racing, follow the team on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MISSGEICOTEAMUSA/ or visit the team’s website at http://www.missgeicoracing.com.
|
orange_44
3/5/2020 8:57am
So badass. Not as cool as dirt bikes but powerboats are up there that’s for sure.
Pink
3/5/2020 9:14am
This guy truly has no limits!!
3/5/2020 9:15am
After many knee surgery and problems I drifted into Offshore racing from MX. I started driving for another team, than throttling, than bought a small boat and now I have a canopied outboard cat. It's different than most other forms of racing.. you cant just "hold it open" and run, you need to know when to lift. The boats will break and I can personally say it sucks rolling one and being upside-down underwater.

I still have a CRF450R that has not been ridden in 5 years Sad
*But I'm building a VMX bike for fun Smile

The Shop

dean122
3/5/2020 9:28am
Don't get me wrong I respect the hell out of TP and what he's accomplished, but for him to jump in and captain a Class One OS boat with basically no real time race experience is pretty gnarly. It'll be interesting to follow this part of his career. At least he has the communication skill with a co-pilot dialed from rally racing.
RG1
3/5/2020 10:33am
I wish I was Travis Pastrana
I’d like to have his life without any of the injuries Grinning
imoto34
Fantasy
3137th
3/5/2020 10:43am
RG1 wrote:
True. Guy has 10 thousand lives. You just know he is in serious pain every day.
3/5/2020 10:52am
RG1 wrote:
imoto34 wrote:
Yeah...his senior years are going to be fun. He's gonna need a constant morphine drip...
Falcon
Fantasy
843rd
3/5/2020 2:01pm
"DATELINE COCOA BEACH
Sir Steve Curtis was the fortunate co-pilot of brash newcomer Travis Pastrana this past Sunday when the duo was the first driver/throttleman team to successfully backflip a 47-foot boat in rough water."
Hman144
Fantasy
771st
3/6/2020 4:44am
Ha! But maybe more clairvoyant than you intended.
tingo
3/6/2020 5:37am
After many knee surgery and problems I drifted into Offshore racing from MX. I started driving for another team, than throttling, than bought a small boat...
After many knee surgery and problems I drifted into Offshore racing from MX. I started driving for another team, than throttling, than bought a small boat and now I have a canopied outboard cat. It's different than most other forms of racing.. you cant just "hold it open" and run, you need to know when to lift. The boats will break and I can personally say it sucks rolling one and being upside-down underwater.

I still have a CRF450R that has not been ridden in 5 years Sad
*But I'm building a VMX bike for fun Smile

A ha! I knew you had another trick up your sleeve.
davistld01
3/6/2020 6:38am
Very cool indeed! The guy is a racer...pure and simple. I wish him the best and great success.
ddog558
3/6/2020 6:55am
Falcon wrote:
"DATELINE COCOA BEACH Sir Steve Curtis was the fortunate co-pilot of brash newcomer Travis Pastrana this past Sunday when the duo was the first driver/throttleman team...
"DATELINE COCOA BEACH
Sir Steve Curtis was the fortunate co-pilot of brash newcomer Travis Pastrana this past Sunday when the duo was the first driver/throttleman team to successfully backflip a 47-foot boat in rough water."
**sigh***if only you were joking...
Ramrod
Fantasy
1958th
3/6/2020 6:55am
RG1 wrote:
imoto34 wrote:
No better guy to endorse CBD products perhaps?

Will be interesting to follow what he does with this.
motomike137
3/6/2020 7:17am
Damn I'd love to ride along in that thing!
Bearuno
3/6/2020 7:25am
Falcon wrote:
"DATELINE COCOA BEACH Sir Steve Curtis was the fortunate co-pilot of brash newcomer Travis Pastrana this past Sunday when the duo was the first driver/throttleman team...
"DATELINE COCOA BEACH
I'm pretty sure I've seen a fair few of them do a backflip. Or, two.

Though, I don't think too many of them have kept going after it........Woohoo
tingo
3/6/2020 9:25am
I’m a lot more likely to check it out now. Smart move.
SethGator
3/6/2020 9:43am
If SX/MX is a niche sport, I don't know what to call powerboat racing. I think its more of a thing that is hyped at the individual places where they race. I know its a big deal when they race in Key West, at least in Key West.
Dtat720
3/6/2020 9:47am
I got in to it in the mid 90's. My neighbor in Pensacola was the brother of boat owner for InXS, the brother was based in Miami, he would run the boat up to visit us on shake down runs. They were Cuban. One ride in that beast and ive been a fan ever since. Team Gone Again has a capable boat, Geico of course, check out Swoop Motorsports too. Find some video of LOTO shootouts. One mile all out speed racing. These guys fly
fox1nz
3/6/2020 10:07am
Is Don Johnson still floating around the scene?
Pardon the pun
3/6/2020 10:24am
Dtat720 wrote:
I got in to it in the mid 90's. My neighbor in Pensacola was the brother of boat owner for InXS, the brother was based in...
I got in to it in the mid 90's. My neighbor in Pensacola was the brother of boat owner for InXS, the brother was based in Miami, he would run the boat up to visit us on shake down runs. They were Cuban. One ride in that beast and ive been a fan ever since. Team Gone Again has a capable boat, Geico of course, check out Swoop Motorsports too. Find some video of LOTO shootouts. One mile all out speed racing. These guys fly
I race and find it difficult to watch on TV... being at the races is better, but its still not nearly as entertaining as MX or SX.

Maybe with Travis joining in we can bring a few more people out and these people might get involved and maybe, just maybe they will start racing and the sport will grow back to the "good old days"

LOTO is a blast - raced it a few time and did the shootout 4 or 5 times. They reduced the course to 3/4 mile when boats started clearing 220 + and a fatality Sad
3/6/2020 10:41am Edited Date/Time 3/6/2020 10:47am
Back when Haggin was more involved in the team.. they rolled DEEP

Conway240
3/6/2020 6:51pm

Some serious money rolling down the highway.
level
3/6/2020 6:59pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2020 7:00pm
I couldn’t do that. No way. High speeds scare me. Jumps and dirt bikes fine but high high speeds takes a special type of person.
Wish him well and hope he does awesome and wins.

Post a reply to: Travis Pastrana Joins Miss GEICO Offshore Racing Team

The Latest