Traveling to Erie, PA. Any moto shops/tracks recommended?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/18/2017 2:22 PM

Hey there,

Traveling to Erie, Pennsylvania with family. Any moto tracks or shops recommended to stop at?

We are traveling from Toronto so also looking to do some shopping.

My Dad wants to buy an air compressor for our house too so thats a major ticket item we are looking at getting. Any recommended hardware stores?

|

9/18/2017 3:24 PM

Erie, PA is not a moto hotspot. No tracks within 1 hour or so. Pymatuning Holeshot Raceway is the closest track that I know of.
As far as, shopping just get off the Peach street Exit (24) from I-90. Head South about 1 mile to go to Off Road Express for moto supplies. And Head North from the exit for Lowes or Home Depot within 1/2 mile from the exit and continue North another mile to reach the Millcreek Mall for Sears and other shopping.

|

9/18/2017 4:54 PM

There is a private club track that allows visitors in Edinboro about 20 minutes from Erie. It is called Hillside MX and you can find them on Facebook, they are located behind Five Star Cycle. If you want to see some cool classic moto bikes and items stop by KK Speed & Sport 5255 Schrimper Rd, Erie, PA 16510 Other nearby tracks within 45 minutes to an hour are MX Acres, TV Land MX, Pymatuning and Mapleshade MX

|

9/18/2017 4:56 PM

OP, any tracks near Toronto? I am starting to work there quite a bit now, and I am curious about what the moto scene is like around there.

|

9/18/2017 5:03 PM

Where is Alphado?

|

United States of America

9/18/2017 6:02 PM

Crisp BRAAAP! wrote:

OP, any tracks near Toronto? I am starting to work there quite a bit now, and I am curious about what the moto scene is like around there.

Much thanks to everyone who has responded so far. I am researching everything now!!!

and to crisp BRAAAP i sent you a DM, not sure how they work so hope you received it!

|

9/18/2017 6:05 PM

Camp332 wrote:

Where is Alphado?

Photo

|

I was G before the "moto drive" to Vital

9/18/2017 7:01 PM

Crisp BRAAAP! wrote:

Not sure if they all run practice days or not but here's a few around Toronto depending on how far you want to drive.

Gopher Dunes
Motopark
RJ Motosport Park
Alpha Motocross
Madoc Motocross
Thunder Mud
Rocky Ridge
Cochranes
Muttco Mountain

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

9/18/2017 8:30 PM

Crisp BRAAAP! wrote:

hyler199 wrote:

Much thanks to everyone who has responded so far. I am researching everything now!!!

and to crisp BRAAAP i sent you a DM, not sure how they work so hope you received it!

Can't find it. Not sure how they work either. If anyone wants to give me a clue, I am all ears! But thanks, Tyler!

|

9/18/2017 8:30 PM

Crisp BRAAAP! wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Not sure if they all run practice days or not but here's a few around Toronto depending on how far you want to drive.

Gopher Dunes
Motopark
RJ Motosport Park
Alpha Motocross
Madoc Motocross
Thunder Mud
Rocky Ridge
Cochranes
Muttco Mountain

Thanks, Maverick!

|

9/18/2017 8:43 PM

Crisp BRAAAP! wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Gopher Dunes
Motopark
RJ Motosport Park
Alpha Motocross
Madoc Motocross
Thunder Mud
Rocky Ridge
Cochranes
Muttco Mountain

Crisp BRAAAP! wrote:

Thanks, Maverick!

Forgot to mention some have websites some don't so check Facebook. You can also find more info if you go to the following website http://www.mmrs.ca You can find track information on there.

I'm not from that area of the province but do know that Gopher Dunes and Motopark are top notch facilities. Alpha Motocross is a newer track. Muttco Mountain is also a nice track.

Both Gopher Dunes and RJ Motosport Park hosted Nationals this year.

If you ever make a trip towards Ottawa for a weekend check out Sand Del Lee/MX101. Great track. It was part of the nationals series for a number of years. There's a few other tracks around the Ottawa area. If ever you venture out this way just send me a PM and I'll give you a list of tracks.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

9/18/2017 9:09 PM

|

9/18/2017 9:15 PM

All of the tracks close to Erie suck and are on pretty flat layouts or are half assed quad tracks.

Hillside MX is open 10am to dark everyday but has no watering system besides mother nature. closest place with a KTM/Husky shop out front. only $15 to ride.

Tv Land does a good job with watering and has a flat layout with safe jumps. Freestyle guy named Trevor Vines owns it.

Haven't been to mx acres in Fredonia, PA yet, but heard good things. Broc Hepler was there recently with video on thier Facebook. Best bet there but I don't think they are open during the week until next year. Just weekends.

Tractor supply is off of i90 and peach street, or Harbor freight has cheaper air compressors.
Home depot and lowes nearby on peach st too.

|