Transworld

Squidward
9/15/2017 9:01pm
If there were millions of "Marijuana Driving" deaths every year you would hear about it, but there's not. I bet every member on this site has...
If there were millions of "Marijuana Driving" deaths every year you would hear about it, but there's not. I bet every member on this site has been affected somehow by a "Drunk Driver". I'm not promoting weed, I'm just comparing it with a much more lethal substance known as alcohol that is "legal" yet kills millions every year.

I agree about the parenting....parenting is everything. I disagree about weed making you a dumbass....some of the most success business owners I know smoke weed.

As for moto, if I had to choose between alcohol and weed for the kids it would be weed...they would go much slower and get injured much less often Smile
Well i'm glad we can agree somewhat at least haha, I guess i've just seen way more dumb pot heads then smart ones. And im still not sure dirtbikes and pot would mix the best. would be interesting to see... and same goes for alcohol though. I really think pot is just stupid. Unless you have cancer or something and need it. But I know alcohol can ruin your life, but iv'e seen pot ruin peoples lives too. I guess....just stay away from it all lol
oldblood
9/15/2017 9:04pm
Hut wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/09/15/214974/s1200_MJ.jpg[/img]

I heard that if you smoke enough weed you'll grow a 3rd nipple and the chick's dig it!
speedman
9/15/2017 9:05pm

Weed was clearly Maico's downfall as a manufacturer. There's the beginning of the end, right there.

[Steve Stackable's National #6 helmet for the 1979 MX season. Photo via Tony Blazier, probably originally in MXA]

The Shop

EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1154th
9/15/2017 10:20pm
speedman wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/09/15/214973/s1200_Stack1.jpg[/img] Weed was clearly Maico's downfall as a manufacturer. There's the beginning of the end, right there. [Steve Stackable's National #6 helmet for the 1979 MX...

Weed was clearly Maico's downfall as a manufacturer. There's the beginning of the end, right there.

[Steve Stackable's National #6 helmet for the 1979 MX season. Photo via Tony Blazier, probably originally in MXA]
Always with them negative waves.
jeffro503
9/15/2017 10:48pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Who's thinking this has gone off the rails and is no-longer "Moto"...?
RandyS wrote:
I didn't realize how many lobbyists from the MMJ industry are on Vital.
Those are people whom are educated about the topic at hand....in which you are not. Your moral high horse type personality makes you come of like a completely uninformed , self rightoues prick.
mxjon454
9/15/2017 11:24pm
dirtnapper wrote:
Wow. A whole bunch of you are dicks. :blink: Randy had a valid point and I appreciate his concerns. You don't have to pile on him...
Wow. A whole bunch of you are dicks. Blink

Randy had a valid point and I appreciate his concerns.

You don't have to pile on him so hard just cause you don't agree. Geeze, playground mentality around here sometimes.......
RandyS wrote:
Yeah, I'm kind of surprised by the amount pissed off partakers and the lack of defenders. I said I was done and for the most part...
Yeah, I'm kind of surprised by the amount pissed off partakers and the lack of defenders. I said I was done and for the most part, just a couple things.

1. Do any of you read the original post, I didn't count but there are multiple people saying "If you don;t like it don't buy it". What the hell do you think my post is about? I posted this here knowing people from Transworld will see it. I'm not blaming Swap and crew because I've around magazines enough to know that the editorial staff doesn't have much say in ads. Weedmaps is pumping money into skate and snow so the stepchild(Moto) has to go along. But I hope it's passed on to the suits. I've had a subscription to moto since almost the beginning and skate and snow off and on for 30 plus years. They'll be expiring and won't be renewed. I was just getting used to reaching in the mailbox and feeling the grip tape cover.

2. What is it about pot that makes adults make goofy little jokes like they're in jr high.
The lack of defenders is because it's not that big of deal bro lol its not the 1950s anymore.
mxjon454
9/15/2017 11:33pm
Aj528 wrote:
Randy don't worry you're not alone. I pissed off all the stoners when transworld posted the Bereman video awhile back. I watched the kid come from...
Randy don't worry you're not alone. I pissed off all the stoners when transworld posted the Bereman video awhile back. I watched the kid come from no where and in 09 and beat audette, Anderson, anstie, savatgy, and more in the B class at Lake Whitney. Incredible talent and could have been on that level. Now the only only way he can make money riding a motorcycle is to take money from a weed company. And FYI for those talking about this company entering surpercross it's still on the banned substance list and not eligible for TUD appeal since it's a federally illegal substance so this companies public users like Tyler will not be able to race.

I personally do not feel weed or it's counterparts have any part in our sport but I also don't believe in sheltering our children. I grew up in a house with few rules and no one told me I wasn't allowed to drink or smoke. With that being said I've never drank or smoked in my life at 22years old. I'm in favor of exposing children to things and showing them just how big of losers these stoners are. Compare bereman to Anderson and let your kid decide which path he wants to go. Because at one point there were damn close to equal. Not so much now.
You sound like an idiot saying "im in favor of exposing children to things and showing them just how big of losers these stoners are". My brother smokes weed and he runs and operates a successful business and employs workers full time. Did you get bullied by "stoners" when you were a kid?
brightgrey
9/16/2017 1:07am
Lol I bet randy is just a blast to hang out with....lighten up a little for fucks sake man.
speedman
9/16/2017 2:33am
EZZA 95B wrote:
Always with them negative waves.
Have a little faith, baby, have a little faith . . . I have faith that BobbyM will say something righteous and hopeful about that helmet. I've wondered it was Stackable's way of saying he didn't ever want to ride for a Japanese manufacturer again.
Indymxer
9/16/2017 9:18am Edited Date/Time 9/16/2017 9:18am
TeamGreen wrote:
Who's thinking this has gone off the rails and is no-longer "Moto"...?
RandyS wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Those are people whom are educated about the topic at hand....in which you are not. Your moral high horse type personality makes you come of like...
Those are people whom are educated about the topic at hand....in which you are not. Your moral high horse type personality makes you come of like a completely uninformed , self rightoues prick.
I don't know. Looking at your lame posts lately, id say you're quite prickish.
steed 2.0
9/16/2017 11:11am
I’m just going to leave this here... Don't try this at home kids WinkLaughing

mx617
9/16/2017 11:30am
mx617 wrote:
It's a bit of an overstatement to say "hardly anyone viewed smoking pot as a morally good thing". People pretty much thought the same way about...
It's a bit of an overstatement to say "hardly anyone viewed smoking pot as a morally good thing". People pretty much thought the same way about it, but just felt the need to hide it as they thought they were in the minority. Now we know better.

Oh, and absolutely, 100% without doubt we are heading in a good direction. Especially if you take "morals" out of it. Do a bit of research and you'll find that (at least in most countries) we now live in the safest, healthiest, happiest, wealthiest period of time there has ever been. Room for improvement? Sure.

But go check out some of Steven Pinker's research. He's quantitatively studied the rate of violence over time, and the risk of experiencing violence (such as death through war, violent crime, rape, etc) and the data - when you take emotion and "morals" out of it, is very clear. We are continuing to develop as a society to safer, happier, healthier, etc.

And yes our standard of morality is fluid, and you'll see that it is moving to eliminate things cause real suffering. Like slavery, being stoned to death for pre-marital sex, etc etc.
JM485 wrote:
Completely removed from the pot issue, but there is no way in hell you can seriously say we live in the "happiest, safest, welthiest period ever"...
Completely removed from the pot issue, but there is no way in hell you can seriously say we live in the "happiest, safest, welthiest period ever". Everywhere I look around here people are struggling for cash, miserable, and have absolutely no consideration for ANYBODY. Even in my lifetime I've watched my area get shittier and shittier and I'm at the point where I just can't take it anymore. The stuff I see going on across the country is things I couldn't have made up in my wildest dreams even 5 years ago, people are more divided than ever and it's insane the amount of stuff being stolen and people being killed right here in my town. I don't care what "research" you've done, people treat each other like complete crap and it's only getting worse, it doesn't take any research to see that.

Sorry for being a total prick, but I'm fricken over it. Everything is supposed to be "progressive" and "happier", but all I see is a bunch of self centered idiots who couldn't care less about anyone but themselves. I really try to look at the positives and surround myself with awesome people, but I'm not going to sit here and pretend everything is looking great for the future, and I think the degradation of traditional morals are really playing a key role in that.
Maybe in your part of the world, which ducks. But it's not reality for the majority. There's going to be pockets which go backwards, but the general trend is to improve.

I guess maybe it's just an American thing? I volunter with a few different organizations, and to see what high school kids are doing now is just awesome. So much good being done. And I think it's because we're moving away from traditional morals. Being polite and considerate isn't really a "moral" thing. Nor is pursuit of money.
dirtnapper
9/16/2017 12:15pm
RandyS wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Those are people whom are educated about the topic at hand....in which you are not. Your moral high horse type personality makes you come of like...
Indymxer wrote:
I don't know. Looking at your lame posts lately, id say you're quite prickish.
Jeffro is one of the quickest members to just go off and lose it on other members and he's ALWAYS sure to start calling names. I've been on the receiving end of his childish fury so I don't take him all that seriously anymore.

This whole thread just got stupid.

There's some pretty good arguments, for and against, but there's also some really immature and unnecessary posts as well.

I'm still on Randys side......

Post a reply to: Transworld

The Latest