Transworld

hard2kill
9/15/2017 6:09am
Amazing how much the mindset of the world has changed as a whole over the past couple decades.

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
JRT812
9/15/2017 6:19am
I guess I feel asleep to soon. No issues with the act, but I agree with Randy. Personally believe there is a proper place for everything and not sure weedmaps should be in the moto mag.

It it is in the moto scene, but I'm not sure that is the image the sport is wanting to back because apparently the goal is to grow the sport. I remember a thread not to long ago about being on a track with other riders who were known to have drank or smoked before riding. The opinions were a little different than expressed here if I remember correctly.

I haven't read a transworld mag since my younger days, but I appreciate Randy using this platform to express his concern. Vital gives us users that opportunity. Agree or disagree, but it's Randy's view that he felt obligated to express.
tp4
9/15/2017 6:21am
hard2kill wrote:
Amazing how much the mindset of the world has changed as a whole over the past couple decades. This know also, that in the last days...
Amazing how much the mindset of the world has changed as a whole over the past couple decades.

For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

holy smokes..dude!...chill..there is electric motocross bikes now a days!
sure things change..its called life.
hard2kill
9/15/2017 6:28am
hard2kill wrote:
Amazing how much the mindset of the world has changed as a whole over the past couple decades. This know also, that in the last days...

tp4 wrote:
holy smokes..dude!...chill..there is electric motocross bikes now a days!
sure things change..its called life.
i am chill. just joining the discussion.

The Shop

TeamGreen
9/15/2017 6:35am
There's a bit of anger...up in here...

Seems some of you aren't taking your own "medicine"...?

Laughing

mingham97
9/15/2017 6:41am Edited Date/Time 9/15/2017 6:41am
My grandson smokes the devils lettuce :-)
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
9/15/2017 6:48am
Aj528 wrote:
Randy don't worry you're not alone. I pissed off all the stoners when transworld posted the Bereman video awhile back. I watched the kid come from...
Randy don't worry you're not alone. I pissed off all the stoners when transworld posted the Bereman video awhile back. I watched the kid come from no where and in 09 and beat audette, Anderson, anstie, savatgy, and more in the B class at Lake Whitney. Incredible talent and could have been on that level. Now the only only way he can make money riding a motorcycle is to take money from a weed company. And FYI for those talking about this company entering surpercross it's still on the banned substance list and not eligible for TUD appeal since it's a federally illegal substance so this companies public users like Tyler will not be able to race.

I personally do not feel weed or it's counterparts have any part in our sport but I also don't believe in sheltering our children. I grew up in a house with few rules and no one told me I wasn't allowed to drink or smoke. With that being said I've never drank or smoked in my life at 22years old. I'm in favor of exposing children to things and showing them just how big of losers these stoners are. Compare bereman to Anderson and let your kid decide which path he wants to go. Because at one point there were damn close to equal. Not so much now.
Dude, you can't be drunk and race either but the KING (Jeremy McGrath) had Bud Light all over his bike.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
9/15/2017 6:49am
TeamGreen wrote:
There's a bit of anger...up in here...

Seems some of you aren't taking your own "medicine"...?

Laughing

puff puff giiiiive, you're fuckin up the rotation Smokey!
Ted722
9/15/2017 7:06am
Clever Paul Harvey edit. "....somebody's singed a kitten."

ferg722
9/15/2017 7:08am
Aj528 wrote:
Randy don't worry you're not alone. I pissed off all the stoners when transworld posted the Bereman video awhile back. I watched the kid come from...
Randy don't worry you're not alone. I pissed off all the stoners when transworld posted the Bereman video awhile back. I watched the kid come from no where and in 09 and beat audette, Anderson, anstie, savatgy, and more in the B class at Lake Whitney. Incredible talent and could have been on that level. Now the only only way he can make money riding a motorcycle is to take money from a weed company. And FYI for those talking about this company entering surpercross it's still on the banned substance list and not eligible for TUD appeal since it's a federally illegal substance so this companies public users like Tyler will not be able to race.

I personally do not feel weed or it's counterparts have any part in our sport but I also don't believe in sheltering our children. I grew up in a house with few rules and no one told me I wasn't allowed to drink or smoke. With that being said I've never drank or smoked in my life at 22years old. I'm in favor of exposing children to things and showing them just how big of losers these stoners are. Compare bereman to Anderson and let your kid decide which path he wants to go. Because at one point there were damn close to equal. Not so much now.

brocster
9/15/2017 7:37am
Where do you suggest outside money/sponsorships ,people keeping the sport afloat, come from as you call moto the "stepchild"? In one breath we bitch, moan and cry that the sport is dying but when a mainstraim media outlet brings something from the outside in, we bitch, moan and cry about that too when it doesn't exactly fit with each and everyone's own "ideals"

It's better to vote with your mind and you wallet and not your mouth.

Aj528
9/15/2017 7:39am
Aj528 wrote:

seth505 wrote:
Dude, you can't be drunk and race either but the KING (Jeremy McGrath) had Bud Light all over his bike.
But you definitely can drink a beer after the races or during the week and not pop on the Wada drug test that weekend. And the "King" was definitely partaking in his share of partying in a very weak era of motocross so I wouldn't use that as your poster boy. The lake havabrew crew wouldn't cut it today. Personally I'm glad the beer sponsorship is gone as well.
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
9/15/2017 7:43am
'Native Roots' almost had the naming rights to the Bronco's stadium after Sports Authority went bankrupt.

You might want to get used to it...
Johnny Depp
9/15/2017 7:48am Edited Date/Time 9/15/2017 7:49am
My Dad was one of the subscribers to Sport's Illustrated that got his letter to the editor published and cancelled due to Cheryl Tiegs famous fishnet photo in 1978. As it turned out, subscriptions increased and the swimsuit issue is now a stand alone business model.

Prohibition should be over, and drug war is a farce making governments and cartels around the world rich and taking away citizen's rights.

Besides, pot can make men's boob's grow to look like Cheryl's.

Here's an airbrushed PG version for the sensitive types.

stremme12
Fantasy
3693rd
9/15/2017 7:55am
RandyS wrote:
Well we know who the chronic pot smokers on this board are, is there really nobody here that has a problem with an MX magazine running...
Well we know who the chronic pot smokers on this board are, is there really nobody here that has a problem with an MX magazine running pot business ads?
IceMan446 wrote:
any different if it were a cigarette ad to you???
RandyS wrote:
In a magazine that caters partially to kids, nope.
I'm not sure those half naked centerfolds they put in the magazines pertained to the kiddos.....
Paul333
9/15/2017 8:12am
Trust me, I love Transworld MX but a Weedmap?
motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
9/15/2017 9:10am
I think the sport loses credibility with companies like Weedmaps associated with it.
yzjs7
9/15/2017 9:12am
It shouldn't be illegal in the first place. People choose to believe what corrupt politicians placed before them in order for the politicians to benefit and profit from such. Turn off your tv and find the real truths dude. Kids are more hypnotized by the half naked woman in the magazine than a simple add. Try educating your child instead of letting the bullshit sheep herder tell them what is right and wrong.
tprice07
9/15/2017 10:11am
RandyS wrote:
I guess I haven't read one in a few months. Weedmaps? Really, way to make sure my subscription runs out and doesn't get renewed. Or given...
I guess I haven't read one in a few months. Weedmaps? Really, way to make sure my subscription runs out and doesn't get renewed. Or given to my 7 year old to read. As a former Transworld advertiser(snow) and friend of a lot of the people that built Transworld it's just sad. Those magazines go into a lot of states where what is advertised it totally illegal, way to finish off a once great group of magazines.

Porch32
9/15/2017 10:19am
So Randy, tell me please.
The posters that come in these magazines with pinup models in bikinis and what not, youre cool with, but the second the word "weed" shows up youre concerned about your 7 year old being exposed to adult content? Come on. Chances are, your 7 year old isnt even reading it. Let alone know what he is even reading. Hes looking at all the pictures and not reading a single thing. And if youre offended by an app that shows where people can find legal dispensaries (MIND YOU THEY ARE PUTTING MONEY INTO OUR SPORT) being in TWMX, then maybe you should try a subscription to Golf Digest or Mens Health, maybe People magazine.
seth419
9/15/2017 10:29am
motoxxx599 wrote:
I think the sport loses credibility with companies like Weedmaps associated with it.
Oh the irony of this post and your profile pic. The rest of this post is not directed at you, its just my general observation on the topic at hand.

Weed is already a billion dollar industry, get used to the ads because this is just the beginning of the mainstream normalization. In a few years the marijuana industry is going to make the energy drink companies look like amateurs in terms of revenue and advertising. The people who are stepping up and advertising now are the smart ones who can see the future and where everything is going. People will be begging for the weedmaps sponsorship even if they don't smoke($$$$$). We already know none of these guys actually drink the energy drinks they are getting paid by.

Companies like WM are making money that they can actually deposit in the bank backed by the federal reserve from a product that is federally illegal, brilliant!!

Hell im sure all of these big corporations are trying to figure their way into the weed boom if they are not already there, and its already to late if they haven't. Down here 3 million dollar horse ranches are getting scooped up and the next thing you know there are 50 hoop houses on them (not for horses). You think your next door neighbor loser stoner has the capital to do that?

Im just pissed that I did invent weedmaps, I'd probably have a couple Alta's in the stable parked next to the GT3.
Rocket88
9/15/2017 11:06am
How many times on theads that have gone bat shit crazy has the instigator posted back up with his tail between his legs: "Sorry guys, I was hitting the sauce a little too hard last night."?
mx617
9/15/2017 11:36am
Couple of incorrect statements there. 1 - not generational. Maybe more along the lines of religion, but not age. There are lots of 60 year old that smoke and want it legal, and lots of 20 year old that smoke and want it legal. Myself, I am 34 don't smoke and want it legal.

2 - pot is not a gateway drug. The biker gang member, drug dealer, etc is the gateway. Think about it, you're 14 and buying pot from a 38 year old career criminal who says "hey if you like that, why not try these mushrooms? This pill? Some white powder?" pot in and of itself is not a gateway, it's the current distribution model. I would rather my kids buy it from a liquor store than the shady guy who just got out of prison for the 13th time.
BobbyM
9/15/2017 11:40am
There has been very little marijuana use in the motocross community for as long as I can remember.
RandyS
9/15/2017 11:49am
Rocket88 wrote:
How many times on theads that have gone bat shit crazy has the instigator posted back up with his tail between his legs: "Sorry guys, I...
How many times on theads that have gone bat shit crazy has the instigator posted back up with his tail between his legs: "Sorry guys, I was hitting the sauce a little too hard last night."?
If you're aiming that at me the answer is zero, and it's not going to happen here.
Motoxdoc
9/15/2017 12:14pm
Sex and weed are like breathing and eating......they're ALL natural occurrences in life. If you want to get on your righteous horse to fight an issue, may I suggest focusing on something that really matters. Human rights, civil liberties, disenfranchisement of the poor and indigent leading to the rich preying on them through underhanded legislation....etc...

pssst....The anti sex and cannabis ships have set sail.

Average Joe " I'm old, have life experience and can absolutely assure you that pot smoking leads to harder drugs for the vast majority."LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing Go on.....assure me!.....of your fact stated opinion.

Post a reply to: Transworld

The Latest