Transporting a bike from NY to CA ?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/17/2018 6:48 AM

Looking at buying a CR from NY & having it transported to CA. I put in a search on this forum & didn't see much come up on the subject.

Has anyone used this company or has some knowledge that can provide some feedback ?
http://moto-transporters.com/get-my-rate/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5N-nzJr03AIV03J-Ch3oPQGzEAAYAyAAEgL0SfD_BwE

Also open to suggestions on any companies used that had good rates with service. Thnxz..

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

8/17/2018 7:58 AM

I have never used that company, but have used uShip several times which basically works like a broker, and if you’re not in a huge hurry you can usually get a good rate.
Just be careful if you use uShip that you are getting an actual company and not just a guy on a road trip in his pick up.

|

8/17/2018 8:16 AM

I think my buddy can do it . He has to deliver some Coors to a place east of the Mississippi first.

|

8/17/2018 8:35 AM

Uship works ok, some of the shippers will ship on an open trailer, which is the cheapest price (maybe $300-400) others (not so many) will ship in a closed trailer.

A friend had a CR125 shipped from So Cal to the port of NY for $600 in an enclosed trailer a few years ago.

|

8/17/2018 2:24 PM

Bought a bike from Mxnick on here. NorCal to Ny. We used Haulbikes.com.......very good experience, good communications, inside storage, I think 400-500$ I would use them again....

|

8/17/2018 5:24 PM

Thanks fellas.

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.