Transportation to Seattle SX

CDA331
Edited Date/Time 3/29/2022 2:30pm
A couple of posts in my previous Seattle Supercross thread just disappeared, which is very unfortunate because it gave detailed instructions on where to park and the public transportation to use to the stadium tomorrow. I’ll be coming from Coeur d’Alene which is east of Seattle. We can stay at any hotel that night (outside of seattle I would imagine)
that’s not an issue, everyone has just been stating to use public transportation which seems super sketchy but apparently it’s not if everyone says to use it.

I’ve been to Seattle like once so any help on the best way to get to the stadium would be awesome.
|
3/25/2022 11:57am
When I went a few years ago I just uber'd my way around. Stayed about 10-15 miles from the stadium as I didn't want to be downtown anywhere, and didn't want a DUI. That uber shit can get expensive in Seattle, especially on a Saturday night with a big event. But, its safe (relatively I guess). Can just cost a pretty penny by the end of the night.
LungButter
3/25/2022 11:58am
I think the Light Rail that everyone was suggesting is going to be a lot less sketchy than parking your vehicle anywhere near the stadium.
APLMAN99
3/25/2022 12:01pm
CDA331 wrote:
A couple of posts in my previous Seattle Supercross thread just disappeared, which is very unfortunate because it gave detailed instructions on where to park and...
A couple of posts in my previous Seattle Supercross thread just disappeared, which is very unfortunate because it gave detailed instructions on where to park and the public transportation to use to the stadium tomorrow. I’ll be coming from Coeur d’Alene which is east of Seattle. We can stay at any hotel that night (outside of seattle I would imagine)
that’s not an issue, everyone has just been stating to use public transportation which seems super sketchy but apparently it’s not if everyone says to use it.

I’ve been to Seattle like once so any help on the best way to get to the stadium would be awesome.
Seattle public transportation is very easy and I've never had any issue with it feeling sketchy. I'm sure that there have been incidents at times, but it's probably less of an issue than the standard road rage before and after events.

I'd recommend staying somewhere close to the Light Rail line as it has a stop in Pioneer Square just a little ways from Lumen Field. Here is the schedule I'd look for. If you zoom in you can see where the stops are and the route. I'd just look for a hotel that is somewhere on the route and then take the train in to the event.

nskerb
3/25/2022 12:04pm
Yeah the light rail is pretty mellow. Most of the bums don't really want anything to do with you. Just make sure you fill up a big gulp with 4loko for the ride back to the hotel.

The Shop

MX Culture
3/25/2022 12:05pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2022 1:24pm
I'm not going to make it now and have a room at Crowne Plaza downtown tonight I can't use.
Anyone need a room just for tonight?
$160, 2 queens.

edit: FILLED
godog
Fantasy
1410th
3/25/2022 12:24pm
I've stayed at King's Inn for the past few years. You can park your vehicle there and walk to the stadium.
FIREfish148
3/25/2022 12:25pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2022 1:08pm
I usually park at the spot in the top right of the photo. Walk over the bridge towards the stadium and it takes you straight into the area. Kirkland or Bellevue have some nice hotels to stay at if you’re looking for a close place. Also Renton landing has the Hyatt hotel which is on the lake and a cheaper hotel across the street next to coulon park which is a pretty cool spot.

CDA331
3/25/2022 2:46pm
I usually park at the spot in the top right of the photo. Walk over the bridge towards the stadium and it takes you straight into...
I usually park at the spot in the top right of the photo. Walk over the bridge towards the stadium and it takes you straight into the area. Kirkland or Bellevue have some nice hotels to stay at if you’re looking for a close place. Also Renton landing has the Hyatt hotel which is on the lake and a cheaper hotel across the street next to coulon park which is a pretty cool spot.

$40 to park there tomorrow holy cow…
PC
3/25/2022 4:08pm
We're from your neck of the woods and are driving over to Seattle tomorrow. If you'd like to park and take the train with my wife, son and myself then you are more than welcome to join us. We're staying down by Seatac, so we'll jump on whatever station is closest to the hotel. I can't deal with the stress of driving over there and no way am I paying $40-50 to park, so the train it is.
TeamGreen
3/25/2022 4:16pm
I usually take an Uber to a Hotel in downtown and walk to the stadium (1.5 - 2 miles). Uber is $40 - 65 depending on the time of day. Usually a little less on Sunday morn/back to SeaTac.

A couple of years I sent a motorhome to the race/in the pits. Didn't have any problems at all. But, that was back in '07 thru '10. Downtown has gotten quite a bit crappier since then.
zghosty
Fantasy
488th
3/25/2022 4:22pm
I usually try to get there early and park behind pyramid brewery. Eat and drink there before the race, which is a lot cheaper.
Myke
Fantasy
2887th
3/25/2022 7:18pm
Holy cow the girls seem super friendly there! I guess if your bored between practice and the night show there is some entertainment....

thewrizzle
3/25/2022 9:37pm
Myke wrote:
Holy cow the girls seem super friendly there! I guess if your bored between practice and the night show there is some entertainment.... [embed][/embed]
Holy cow the girls seem super friendly there! I guess if your bored between practice and the night show there is some entertainment....

Isn’t that up on Aurora? That’s a far trip to seem some street walkers…
CDA331
3/26/2022 7:28am
PC wrote:
We're from your neck of the woods and are driving over to Seattle tomorrow. If you'd like to park and take the train with my wife...
We're from your neck of the woods and are driving over to Seattle tomorrow. If you'd like to park and take the train with my wife, son and myself then you are more than welcome to join us. We're staying down by Seatac, so we'll jump on whatever station is closest to the hotel. I can't deal with the stress of driving over there and no way am I paying $40-50 to park, so the train it is.
Hey PC, Shoot me a text man, literally just pulling out of Post Falls right now. 208–618–9464
TeamGreen
3/26/2022 10:59am
Myke wrote:
Holy cow the girls seem super friendly there! I guess if your bored between practice and the night show there is some entertainment.... [embed][/embed]

Those young ladies must be working their way thru Law School?
mumbles
Fantasy
842nd
3/27/2022 7:50pm
Whoever mentioned the Light Rail out of Tukwila, thank you. I'm visiting my daughter and decided to give it a try. It was a very nice facility. Easy tickets (only $6 all day ticket). Free parking. The rail cars were clean. No issues with anybody. Was a nice 40 minute ride. Once at the Industrial District stop we got off and it was about a 10 minute walk. No issues. Same on the return trip.

Met my old friend from years back there and he paid $60 to park in the stadium. We bought 300 level tickets at the stadium for $20 each. They were surprisingly really good viewing seats. So if you can get away with not buying food or drinks there it would have been only $26 a piece for a whole day of moto. How can you beat that?

So thanks again for the great info.
FIREfish148
3/29/2022 2:29pm
mumbles wrote:
Whoever mentioned the Light Rail out of Tukwila, thank you. I'm visiting my daughter and decided to give it a try. It was a very nice...
Whoever mentioned the Light Rail out of Tukwila, thank you. I'm visiting my daughter and decided to give it a try. It was a very nice facility. Easy tickets (only $6 all day ticket). Free parking. The rail cars were clean. No issues with anybody. Was a nice 40 minute ride. Once at the Industrial District stop we got off and it was about a 10 minute walk. No issues. Same on the return trip.

Met my old friend from years back there and he paid $60 to park in the stadium. We bought 300 level tickets at the stadium for $20 each. They were surprisingly really good viewing seats. So if you can get away with not buying food or drinks there it would have been only $26 a piece for a whole day of moto. How can you beat that?

So thanks again for the great info.
You should have pitched in on the parking ya cheap arse

Post a reply to: Transportation to Seattle SX

The Latest