Transplant MX skillset?

RacerX8
One of the popular opinions on the forum today is in regards to the GP riders vast skillsets. I believe that this is a viable argument as the tracks do have a broader range of dirt/conditions.

The guys over here have to split their focus from MX to SX throughout the year, does this take away from their outdoor program or help it?

Speaking to MX only, would KR94, MM25, etc. etc. be better MX racers to this day if they had stayed in MXGP or have these guys maximized their potential so it does not matter where they are based out of?
|
SCR
8/26/2017 5:03pm
No. Tomac beat those guys 4 motos last year. Cooper Web ran with the Febvre his first time on a 450. When US dominated the MXDN they said it was their SX skills that gave them an advantage.
Top guys in both series can win. Probably the most equal it's ever been the last decade.
Herlings was the man though today. Really enjoyable to watch him ride.
RacerX8
8/26/2017 5:12pm
SCR wrote:
No. Tomac beat those guys 4 motos last year. Cooper Web ran with the Febvre his first time on a 450. When US dominated the MXDN...
No. Tomac beat those guys 4 motos last year. Cooper Web ran with the Febvre his first time on a 450. When US dominated the MXDN they said it was their SX skills that gave them an advantage.
Top guys in both series can win. Probably the most equal it's ever been the last decade.
Tomac did haul ass last year, although all in his backyard so to speak.

I do believe that the cream always rises to the top.

I would think that the SX portion on the resume would transfer over to some outdoor layouts also. I also think that less grooming on the outdoor tracks would be beneficial but also pose more safety risks.

I think that if KR or MM were to go back over there to do the GP's, more of their top guys would have more sleepless nights than if ET said he was coming as the other two have played that game before.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
8/26/2017 5:54pm Edited Date/Time 8/26/2017 6:17pm
SCR wrote:
No. Tomac beat those guys 4 motos last year. Cooper Web ran with the Febvre his first time on a 450. When US dominated the MXDN...
DeCoster disagrees with what you just said.

"When US dominated the MXDN they said it was their SX skills that gave them an advantage. "

Post a reply to: Transplant MX skillset?

The Latest