Transitioning from RMZ to CRF

7eleven
Edited Date/Time 10/27/2019 1:25pm
I was looking to move forward with newer technologies, so I swapped out my RMZ (sold it on Vital, thx) for a 2019 CRF. I picked up the Honda on Wednesday, it hr 1.5 hrs of ride time on it (Seely), clearly broken in.
Took it out to REM yesterday to race the main track at GH.
E-start, amazing! Spring forks, outstanding, horsepower, ridiculous!
Power delivery and gear ratios were different. More of a 2nd gear corner type of power. As the day progressed, I softened her up a bit and that was a substantial difference in the bumps and it was pretty race day rough!
I hadn’t raced in a year and a half and kinda threw myself in the fire with making a bike change and taking it right to moto’s, but i tell you what, it’s the quickest way to learn a new bike.
Wanted to share, for those dudes looking to swap out old for new. Do it!

|
Bruce372
10/27/2019 7:23am
Nice upgrade mate. Did you sell your van as well?
7eleven
10/27/2019 7:35am
Bruce372 wrote:
Nice upgrade mate. Did you sell your van as well?
Thx!
Still have the race rig for sale.
Bruce372
10/27/2019 7:51am
Ahh... saw the black van behind and wondered if you had upgraded that as well.
H4L
10/27/2019 11:36am
Yes. The Zuk is not even on the same playing field. The last RMZ I tried felt like an 08 CRF450r technology with EFI, but with a heavier feel to it.

The Shop

BAD10
10/27/2019 11:51am
7eleven wrote:
I was looking to move forward with newer technologies, so I swapped out my RMZ (sold it on Vital, thx) for a 2019 CRF. I picked...
I was looking to move forward with newer technologies, so I swapped out my RMZ (sold it on Vital, thx) for a 2019 CRF. I picked up the Honda on Wednesday, it hr 1.5 hrs of ride time on it (Seely), clearly broken in.
Power delivery and gear ratios were different. More of a 2nd gear corner type of power. As the day progressed, I softened her up a bit and that was a substantial difference in the bumps and it was pretty race day rough!
I hadn’t raced in a year and a half and kinda threw myself in the fire with making a bike change and taking it right to moto’s, but i tell you what, it’s the quickest way to learn a new bike.

That you Squires?
kiwifan
10/27/2019 1:22pm
7eleven wrote:
I was looking to move forward with newer technologies, so I swapped out my RMZ (sold it on Vital, thx) for a 2019 CRF. I picked...

Nice work, experiment a bit with mappings, you can smooth her out a little more (esp. at lower end) plus get even more power (not that you need more) with great mapping. It also helps with chassis/suspension setup.
7eleven
10/27/2019 1:25pm
7eleven wrote:

BAD10 wrote:
That you Squires?
Yes sir.
Subotai
10/27/2019 3:26pm
I’ve been toying with this myself but the twitchy nature of the new chassis scares me a bit. Hence why I’ve been thinking of the kawi also.

Let us know how you get the chassis sorted out. Thanks.
colvin227
10/27/2019 4:34pm
H4L wrote:
Yes. The Zuk is not even on the same playing field. The last RMZ I tried felt like an 08 CRF450r technology with EFI, but with...
Yes. The Zuk is not even on the same playing field. The last RMZ I tried felt like an 08 CRF450r technology with EFI, but with a heavier feel to it.
That’s a complement, the 08 Honda was too this day one of the best 450s ever made.

Post a reply to: Transitioning from RMZ to CRF

The Latest