Training to be faster

ruy
4/12/2018 10:39am Edited Date/Time 4/12/2018 10:41am
1º Give a single full turn to the circuit sitting on the bike, even in the jumps, be careful.

2ºThen it is a single full turn, all stretched on the bike, without sitting at any moment, including curves

3ºThen it gives a single full turn riding normal, you will see that it improves a lot.

Then start again by the 1st

But I tell you that it is a way of improving that is not in good taste, that's why the people I say do not practice it.
It seems a stupid technique.
But the improvement is noticeable from the first day.

Badd127
Fantasy
2111th
4/12/2018 12:35pm
Be on the gas! Or on the brakes! Never coast, simple.
rutsmash
4/12/2018 6:51pm
Push hard at all times, treat every ride like a race and your speed will slowly improve, Get good medical insurance too.
Don't know if you meant it that way, but that was funny.
jleews6
4/13/2018 5:42am
Meister wrote:
Ride. Alot.
mxer807 wrote:
Ride. Alot.
Ride A lot the right way. Most people think that just riding is training.

The Shop

acres951
4/13/2018 6:00am
UpTiTe wrote:
Practice with a purpose, don't just do sprints, or lap after lap, find your weaknesses and work on them continuously. The old saying goes jump for...
Practice with a purpose, don't just do sprints, or lap after lap, find your weaknesses and work on them continuously.

The old saying goes jump for show corner for dough. My advice is to first work on corners, every guy out front has Corner speed, nothing is more important. Iy first starts with the approach, gliding through the turn and then exiting all while covering the brakes, throttle and body position. Someone who knows how to corner well is typically at the front of the pack.

When I was fast, I practiced right turns one day left turns the next day for a half hour straight working on proper technique and breaking and body position, and then I went out and did my laps.

Whatever your weaknesses are, figure them out and practice them continuously. Have somebody film The Fast guy and then have them film you and see the differences and work on those differences.

Like I said doing sprints and doing laps does not necessarily make you a better rider, it will make you a little faster and then you will Top out until you figure out how to ride the motorcycle, and that's where practicing with a purpose comes into play.
Agree

Regardless of speed, I think targeting weakness is the ticket. Not unlike other sports and I think this is the RC method of choice in the day as well.

Turn a couple laps at speed, take your times.
Now, pick your worst corner on the track and hit it repeatedly until you’re nailing it. Doesn’t use a lot of energy but improves your technique and corner speed.
Then move on to your second worst corner/section and repeat.
End of the night turn some laps again and see the diff in times.

Just turning laps may get you the endurance but the improvements to technique and corner speed will take longer and likely just reinforce existing bad habits.

All imo of course, you’re way faster than me!
4/13/2018 6:26am
I would invest in a lap timer or some data collection device in order to start looking at where you're loosing speed. I strongly believe having a "practice plan" for what you want to do at the track is huge.

Other sports don't just randomly show up to practice without some focus, so why would you do the same in moto? Cornering, rut selection, jump line selection, braking points, etc, all critical things you can pinpoint to work on. Many ways to work on those things; turn tracks, sprints in certain sections, using cones to force yourself to take alternate lines to work on jumping, all just some minor ideas.
markit
4/13/2018 6:56am
Ride with or follow A/AA riders. I was a solid B racer for years, top 3 for years never winning a tittle and started riding with A/AA guys won my class the next 2 years and was bumped to A got 2nd my first year in A. As above corner speed is big.

Post a reply to: Training to be faster

The Latest