Traffic getting to Pala for National

OB415
Edited Date/Time 5/29/2021 8:59am
Headed to the national this weekend, been to pala a bunch but never for a race weekend. I’ve heard the traffic is terrible, how much time should buffer in for traffic? Live an hour away obviously don’t want to miss any racing! Cheers!
|
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
5/27/2021 11:11am
You live an hour away? Where?

If you are coming north from San Diego and don't mind a little dirt, use Lilac road. It ends just West of the Pala entrance and there is almost never any traffic on it. 76 sucks unless you get to the track before 10:00.
Take The Gopher Canyon exit, turn right then left onto 395 north, then an immediate right onto Circle R drive. Go a little more than 1 mile, then a hard right at W. Lilac Road. About one more mile and you make a left on Lilac Rd proper. Follow that all the way to the racetrack.

If you are coming south, go through Temecula on 79 South to Pechanga Parkway. Follow that all the way through the Indian reservation to Pala. This way sucks too, but it will be better than 76.

76 is the way to go if you'll be there early, like I do.
SteezGeez
Fantasy
553rd
5/27/2021 11:32am
Falcon wrote:
You live an hour away? Where? If you are coming north from San Diego and don't mind a little dirt, use Lilac road. It ends just...

If you are coming north from San Diego and don't mind a little dirt, use Lilac road. It ends just West of the Pala entrance and there is almost never any traffic on it. 76 sucks unless you get to the track before 10:00.
Take The Gopher Canyon exit, turn right then left onto 395 north, then an immediate right onto Circle R drive. Go a little more than 1 mile, then a hard right at W. Lilac Road. About one more mile and you make a left on Lilac Rd proper. Follow that all the way to the racetrack.

If you are coming south, go through Temecula on 79 South to Pechanga Parkway. Follow that all the way through the Indian reservation to Pala. This way sucks too, but it will be better than 76.

Thanks for the advice falcon. I was planning on getting there around 11:30am since I am bringing my 3 year old. Had no idea of the traffic situation as I've never been to Pala. Is it so bad that it takes people like 2 hours to get in?

MyBobbym
5/27/2021 11:42am
OB415 wrote:
Headed to the national this weekend, been to pala a bunch but never for a race weekend. I’ve heard the traffic is terrible, how much time...
Headed to the national this weekend, been to pala a bunch but never for a race weekend. I’ve heard the traffic is terrible, how much time should buffer in for traffic? Live an hour away obviously don’t want to miss any racing! Cheers!
Took four hours from 215 to the track the 1st year. Many didn't see the 1st moto. The wife just got an apple phone that week and we used the map function to go up and around and over the mountain route to the south. Part dirt road towards the end but easy.. They got a handle on the traffic situation in the following years so should be good to go

The Shop

Mossy940
5/27/2021 11:42am
Falcon wrote:
You live an hour away? Where? If you are coming north from San Diego and don't mind a little dirt, use Lilac road. It ends just...

SteezGeez wrote:
Thanks for the advice falcon. I was planning on getting there around 11:30am since I am bringing my 3 year old. Had no idea of the...
Thanks for the advice falcon. I was planning on getting there around 11:30am since I am bringing my 3 year old. Had no idea of the traffic situation as I've never been to Pala. Is it so bad that it takes people like 2 hours to get in?

It is a town, several miles off the freeway, that is one lane in both directions.....whatever that makes you picture in your head is exactly what it is.
I use to take pala road every single day for work, and I can tell you the roads get a bit slow on a Wednesday in October, so do the math on a national weekend.

Beautiful track though, enjoy!
OB415
5/27/2021 11:50am
Falcon wrote:

SteezGeez wrote:
Thanks for the advice falcon. I was planning on getting there around 11:30am since I am bringing my 3 year old. Had no idea of the...

Thanks man! Gunna look into that sounds like the way to go. Coming from San Clemente so should work.
Myke
Fantasy
2887th
5/27/2021 12:30pm Edited Date/Time 5/27/2021 12:33pm
Falcon wrote:

SteezGeez wrote:

OB415 wrote:
Thanks man! Gunna look into that sounds like the way to go. Coming from San Clemente so should work.
I read last year that the traffic really wasn't bad.

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Pala-traffic,1360274
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
5/27/2021 3:45pm
Falcon wrote:

SteezGeez wrote:

OB415 wrote:
Coming from San Clemente, this route would be kind of out of your way. Maybe still worth it if there's a massive traffic crunch, but like others have said, the last few years have been better. Are you coming over Ortega Highway or down to 76 in Oceanside? Either way, 76 would be better, so long as the traffic is flowing. If not, take one of the routes I described.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
5/27/2021 3:47pm
OB415 wrote:
Headed to the national this weekend, been to pala a bunch but never for a race weekend. I’ve heard the traffic is terrible, how much time...
MyBobbym wrote:
Took four hours from 215 to the track the 1st year. Many didn't see the 1st moto. The wife just got an apple phone that week...
Took four hours from 215 to the track the 1st year. Many didn't see the 1st moto. The wife just got an apple phone that week and we used the map function to go up and around and over the mountain route to the south. Part dirt road towards the end but easy.. They got a handle on the traffic situation in the following years so should be good to go
The CHP actually closed the highway that day, and some didn't see the race at all. Sad
sdmx
Fantasy
1781st
5/27/2021 3:49pm
Go early and no problem.
Brent
5/27/2021 5:51pm
Go the back way via Pala Temecula road off Temecula parkway.
ktmwoods
5/27/2021 6:12pm
Falcon wrote:

100% what Falcon says here. Also a few good dual sport routes the back way via Pauma/ Harrison Grade roads
MyBobbym
5/28/2021 10:17am Edited Date/Time 5/28/2021 10:17am
OB415 wrote:
MyBobbym wrote:
Took four hours from 215 to the track the 1st year. Many didn't see the 1st moto. The wife just got an apple phone that week...
Falcon wrote:
The CHP actually closed the highway that day, and some didn't see the race at all. Sad
Wow... Didn't know that.
Dutch348
5/28/2021 5:50pm
Attempted to go couple years ago, worst traffic I’ve ever seen. Couldn’t get in the gate missed the motos. Turned around and spent 9 hours in the car total. Absolute joke. Bravo, MX Sports.
Johnny Depp
5/29/2021 6:14am
Any point in throwing the dual sport in the truck? Any front row motorcycle parking?
brocster
5/29/2021 6:41am
I’ll be leaving home shortly. Will give a report once I get there or get hemmed up in traffic. See you there dudes!
Johnny Depp
5/29/2021 8:59am
No traffic at all coming through Temecula. 450s on the track.

Post a reply to: Traffic getting to Pala for National

The Latest