Tracks/ trails Near DFW?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/17/2018 10:11 AM

Moving to DFW next month. Any decent tracks or properties to ride up that way?

|

3/17/2018 10:25 AM

Long list! Closest to DFW, is Village Creek in south Fort Worth. They have a day track, night track, and trails.
Burleson MX is another close one. Tame but fun track with good dirt.
River Valley in Boyd (30-45min from Fort Worth) is a good track.
Oak Hill is just a little ways north of RV.
TexPlex Park south of Dallas.
There’s also Trophy Club Park, Rocky Ridge and Red River for trails.

Those are just a few off the top of my head, I’m sure others will chime in with more.

|

3/17/2018 10:33 AM

Tons of tracks and places to ride trails. Hit DFW Trailriders on FB

|

3/17/2018 11:55 AM

Red River is awesome. http://www.redrivermotorcycletrails.com/

North of both cities there are lots of places.

|

3/17/2018 12:03 PM

kunk wrote:

Tons of tracks and places to ride trails. Hit DFW Trailriders on FB

Fair warning, that group pimps the same 2 places ALL THE TIME

|

3/17/2018 12:05 PM

Cokeham23 wrote:

Long list! Closest to DFW, is Village Creek in south Fort Worth. They have a day track, night track, and trails.
Burleson MX ...more

Awesome, thanks for the replies all.

|

3/17/2018 12:34 PM

Not mentioned yet:
Masterpool family’s His956 facility (open 5 days a week, just 10 minutes further than oak hill)
compound77 just over the Oklahoma boarder
Greenville MX, only like 45 minutes from Dallas.

|

3/17/2018 12:37 PM

Right on, thanks guys. If anyone is familiar with the area logistically, I'm going to be living in Azle.(Northwest of FW)

|

3/17/2018 12:44 PM

adamwedge wrote:

Right on, thanks guys. If anyone is familiar with the area logistically, I'm going to be living in Azle.(Northwest of FW)

River Valley is in your back yard. Not too far from Masterpool's and Oak Hill either.. All of which are great tracks.

|

3/17/2018 1:16 PM

Which do you prefer. Woods or MX?

|

3/17/2018 1:21 PM

kunk wrote:

Which do you prefer. Woods or MX?

I prefer woods, but I just finished a KX 125 that I wouldn't mind spinning some laps on around a novice-ish track. I've got a bike for each haha

|

3/17/2018 1:29 PM

There are some good off road series that have some races close to that area. TCCRA, TORN, and TORO all race in N.TX. Red River trails in Bulcher has the best trails. Just go to Bill’s woods and get away from the SXS. You also have Rocky Ridge, and Twin Hills which is even rockier.
The Masterpool’s is nice. It is a MX training facility and they are FAST. River Valley, Oak Hill, Village Creek are all close to Azle. Village night track on Tuesday is a fairly tame track by today’s standards. Can get crowded though. Trophy Club park has some trails and a below novice unprepped MX track. The trails are better than the MX but can get boring since there aren’t a lot of miles.
You will have several options.

|

3/17/2018 1:39 PM

kunk wrote:

There are some good off road series that have some races close to that area. TCCRA, TORN, and TORO all race in N.TX. Red River ...more

Yeah I raced TORCS down here but watching some of the TORN and TORO stuff up there, the properties seem much more enjoyable and open instead of 90% bar to bar trees. I do appreciate your insight! For instance, I love Murphy's MX in Bastrop, awesome relatively short MX with big but safe jumps and they also have a nice 9 +/- mile trail loop.
Thanks again.

|

3/17/2018 2:23 PM

Go to nocana.

|

3/17/2018 2:29 PM

trwright3 wrote:

Go to nocana.

X1000000 best dirt ever.

|

3/17/2018 2:34 PM

Safe track also. I only ride a few times a year and feel safe riding there. As long as it's open I wouldn't go anywhere else

|

3/17/2018 3:48 PM

Plenty of riding around here... I’m in north Dallas, Corinth specifically...

|

3/17/2018 3:51 PM

A little drive, but the best track in Tx is Swan Mx in Tyler Tx. Known the owners since 1986 and they are awesome people...

|

3/17/2018 3:54 PM

Red River and Barnwell Mountain recreation area are the 2 best off-road areas in the state, Hands Down! Barnwell has a 30 mile single track loop that is very good, and as one other said Bill's Woods at Red River is my favorite.

|

3/17/2018 6:00 PM

moore433 wrote:

A little drive, but the best track in Tx is Swan Mx in Tyler Tx. Known the owners since 1986 and they are awesome people...

Yes, used to race there as part of the STC series on 80's in 01-02. I heard now that it's only open for events, not free practice?

|

3/17/2018 6:01 PM

WFO wrote:

Red River and Barnwell Mountain recreation area are the 2 best off-road areas in the state, Hands Down! Barnwell has a 30 mile ...more

Was watching some YouTube on Red River. Looks great!

|

3/17/2018 6:26 PM

moore433 wrote:

adamwedge wrote:

Yes, used to race there as part of the STC series on 80's in 01-02. I heard now that it's only open for events, not free ...more

they have practice memberships. you get a gate key to ride essentially anytime there isn't a race, and it's prepped nearly every Sunday. it's a fantastic deal if you live close enough to use it.

http://www.swanmx.com/practice-memberships/

|

3/17/2018 6:26 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/17/2018 6:27 PM

Wrong thread

|

3/17/2018 6:39 PM

moore433 wrote:

adamwedge wrote:

Yes, used to race there as part of the STC series on 80's in 01-02. I heard now that it's only open for events, not free ...more

AngryBear wrote:

they have practice memberships. you get a gate key to ride essentially anytime there isn't a race, and it's prepped nearly ...more

I will definitely look into it. Only an hour+ from tyler down 20.

|

3/18/2018 10:52 AM

adamwedge wrote:

My aunt just moved to Azle last year, I’ve got a few riding buddies that live in that area too. It’s a pretty nice little town, it’s got some interesting people though lol. Check out the Azle Cafe across the street from Azle HS, little family owned place with good food.

Back on topic though, like someone else said RV is in your backyard. David, Nico, and Bailey run it, they are all super nice people. You’re moving at the right time too, as they just started running Friday night practices again. Those are a nice little break when the Texas summers hit. Oak Hill, and Nocona are just up the road too.
Give me a shout, and I’ll go out to RV with you. I’m not sure how the PM’s work, but here’s my email. Chadwalsh23@gmail.com

|

3/18/2018 11:31 AM

Cokeham23 wrote:

My aunt just moved to Azle last year, I’ve got a few riding buddies that live in that area too. It’s a pretty nice little ...more

Email sent.

|

3/18/2018 2:19 PM

Man if you need someone to ride trails with im right there! me and a good chunk of my riding buddies do alot of the TCCRA, TORN and TORO series here!

|

3/18/2018 4:11 PM

Martini637 wrote:

Man if you need someone to ride trails with im right there! me and a good chunk of my riding buddies do alot of the TCCRA, ...more

Hell yeah, I may have to chat you up once I get settled up that way then!

|