Tracks near Jacksonville, NC

Related:
Create New Tag

12/10/2017 12:34 PM

Hey everyone, I am new to the area. Currently Stationed in Camp Lejeune and I am thinking about bringing my bike down when I get back from Christmas leave. Don't really know of any riding places around here. Back at home I raced a lot of woods and rode some moto on the practice days. Just looking for some good tracks especially with the sand around here! Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

|

12/10/2017 12:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/10/2017 12:48 PM

Look up "Shady J MX" on Facebook. Riding group with many members from Camp Lejeune. JWTF is probably your closest track. Cow branch isn't far, that's one of my favorites and has a good amount of sand your looking for. Also look up Crystal Coast MX series they run a lot of tracks in that area. 5 points I heard was good but haven't ridden there myself. NCMP probably has the most options with various tracks. MX, SX intermediate, trails, kids. But multiple good options

|

@wasummer46

12/10/2017 12:48 PM

Sand
west craven mx vanceboro.
Sand ridge mx chinquapin (not really taken care of but still fun very fast track)

Other
Jwtf maysville
halfmoon mx Jacksonville (very hard pack)
Cowbranch mx Greenville area
5 points mx

Don't go to busco beach. Drunks on oversized 4 wheelers all night long around open pits. Keeps the local hospital and funeral homes busy.

5 points mx.com for race info
Southern motocross SMX on facebook

Have fun hope to see you around after the winter.
I have a yz250 #112 and a ttr125le #298. Driving a white 1990 4x4 toyota pickup.

|

12/10/2017 1:00 PM

wasummer46 wrote:

Look up "Shady J MX" on Facebook. Riding group with many members from Camp Lejeune. JWTF is probably your closest track. Cow branch isn't far, that's one of my favorites and has a good amount of sand your looking for. Also look up Crystal Coast MX series they run a lot of tracks in that area. 5 points I heard was good but haven't ridden there myself. NCMP probably has the most options with various tracks. MX, SX intermediate, trails, kids. But multiple good options

Will do. Thanks!

|

12/10/2017 1:02 PM

Zesiger 112 wrote:

Sand
west craven mx vanceboro.
Sand ridge mx chinquapin (not really taken care of but still fun very fast track)

Other
Jwtf maysville
halfmoon mx Jacksonville (very hard pack)
Cowbranch mx Greenville area
5 points mx

Don't go to busco beach. Drunks on oversized 4 wheelers all night long around open pits. Keeps the local hospital and funeral homes busy.

5 points mx.com for race info
Southern motocross SMX on facebook

Have fun hope to see you around after the winter.
I have a yz250 #112 and a ttr125le #298. Driving a white 1990 4x4 toyota pickup.

Thanks man. I will definitely keep my eyes open for you. Need some Moto buddies around here! I'm on a yz250f and usually wear my red Fly gear.

|

12/10/2017 4:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/10/2017 4:21 PM

Idk busco beach is badass. I did leave in an ambulance tho lol but came back and rode when I could see haha. I was stationed at Cherry Point I think it was like 3.5 hrs away. I made the mistake of hopping on a shit box kx250 with a blown clutch and did 1 lap around and lined up for a drag race after my buddy that owned the 250 got beat by a kid on a yz85. I was like pffff gimme that thing, yes everyone drinks here... I won on that pos but they tell me I swapped out in a wheelie 5th pinned at the end of the drag strip and woke up 5 mins later sitting by the guard rail with a grade 3 concussion. Place was badasssss though but you do need your head on a swivel. There is an sx track though that they race on. Jimmy Weinarts Training facility is right by both bases I never went but its really close and supposedly one of the best facilities in the country.

|

12/10/2017 4:32 PM

Killer new where to ride off road app. Races tracks riding areas maps web site links phone numbers user calendar, etc. Used it on recent riding trip to Texas. Worked great. I'm from KY two practice spots on app I didn't know we had in east KY. Rode at one this past weekend. Emailed app guys to thank turns out they're moto freaks sent me Black Friday bike graphics coupon. Free for tracks and practice places to get found or listed. Users (us) got to pay small amount to get app. Check it out.

https://www.motoguideapp.com/

|