Tracks near Indy/Kokomo area?

Shaggin589
Edited Date/Time 8/31/2020 6:35pm
Hey guys,
Heading up to Kokomo this weekend for a sprint car race and to see some buddies. What tracks are up around that area? Would like to get some motos in Saturday/Sunday morning possibly! I saw LTMX but I haven’t come across anything else
Thanks!
|
8/25/2020 7:10am Edited Date/Time 8/25/2020 7:12am
Wabash Cannonball and Wildcat Creek are right there, too, but they are only open on prepped practice days. You can check their FB pages for schedules. This weekend, the pickins will be slim with the AMA National and Fly Racing showdown series in Crawfordsville. The National at Crawfordsville is open to spectators.
kNewc
8/25/2020 9:07am
LTMX and FMX Paradise (if they are open) are the closest tracks. Indiana is weird in that it's split up between north/south moto areas. You either have to go north near the MI border or go far south.
8/25/2020 9:51am
Dude go to LTMX. Its the hidden gem of MX tracks. By far my favorite track ever. Found it when Redbud cancelled one day....soooooo good.

Pro Tip: 125 and 250f are more fun that a 450 as you can almost hold it wide open anywhere. To anyone reading this with in reasonable distance, give it a try.
Shaggin589
8/31/2020 12:24pm
Dude go to LTMX. Its the hidden gem of MX tracks. By far my favorite track ever. Found it when Redbud cancelled one day....soooooo good. Pro...
Dude go to LTMX. Its the hidden gem of MX tracks. By far my favorite track ever. Found it when Redbud cancelled one day....soooooo good.

Pro Tip: 125 and 250f are more fun that a 450 as you can almost hold it wide open anywhere. To anyone reading this with in reasonable distance, give it a try.
So I went to LTMX Saturday. Hands down one of the best tracks I’ve ever ridden!! Place was awesome. Little podunk house and sign in booth but man that place is good. Hidden gem for sure I highly recommend going to it

The Shop

mx317
8/31/2020 1:21pm
Dude go to LTMX. Its the hidden gem of MX tracks. By far my favorite track ever. Found it when Redbud cancelled one day....soooooo good. Pro...

Shaggin589 wrote:
So I went to LTMX Saturday. Hands down one of the best tracks I’ve ever ridden!! Place was awesome. Little podunk house and sign in booth...
So I went to LTMX Saturday. Hands down one of the best tracks I’ve ever ridden!! Place was awesome. Little podunk house and sign in booth but man that place is good. Hidden gem for sure I highly recommend going to it
Did you ride the Bomber track or the Classic?
Shaggin589
8/31/2020 1:26pm
mx317 wrote:
Did you ride the Bomber track or the Classic?
I’m talking about Leisure Time MX in Indiana not Lincoln Trail in IL. Although I’ve been to Lincoln Trail a few times and it’s really good too
Avisdo54
Fantasy
2741st
8/31/2020 1:47pm
The old timers know it as LTGP a District 15 track back in the day.

Avisdo54
Fantasy
2741st
8/31/2020 2:02pm
Yes I saw Tim Graves had a result in a 70+ class. I switched to bicycles years ago easier on the bod.
wrc777
Fantasy
587th
8/31/2020 6:15pm
Motoland is further north and only runs a few weekends a year but is a pretty nice sand track. Even has running water for the sinks and bike wash. Wabash Cannonball motorcycle club is not be too far from Kokomo.
JB500
8/31/2020 6:35pm

Shaggin589 wrote:
So I went to LTMX Saturday. Hands down one of the best tracks I’ve ever ridden!! Place was awesome. Little podunk house and sign in booth...
I was there Saturday also. I ride there a handful of times a year, as I’m only an hour and a half north. I love that you can do long motos, and love the sand. And yes, on my 125 is the most fun of all. Glad you enjoyed it.

Post a reply to: Tracks near Indy/Kokomo area?

The Latest