Tracks in the Northwest

RickyRoss519
Fantasy
2351st
5/2/2018 8:03pm
cwtoyota wrote:
Riverdale (Toutle, WA) is a lot of fun, Dan has a track for just about any kind of rider and he listens to feedback from riders...
Riverdale (Toutle, WA) is a lot of fun, Dan has a track for just about any kind of rider and he listens to feedback from riders. Some years the layout is better than others, but it's always a fun place to spend a day with your moto buds and/or family getting a TON of riding time. I spend a LOT of time during the winter, spring and fall at Riverdale.

Washougal is my favorite place on the planet. There are people who don't jive with the track due to the dirt, the shadows, or the wait-time between motos on practice days... The dirt will be tilled deep and watered heavy for the first practice and at the end of the day the track will morph into a hard-packed clay surface with blue-groove and some dust up at the top of the hills on a hot summer day. The whoops are big and can be gnarly. The track gets rough in places and it's a long lap time (around 2:15). The roost hurts more than anywhere else you've ever ridden. ....But, if you gel with the track layout and the scenery, there is nothing better than flowing around Washougal on your dirt bike.

Ward Creek MX (Raymond, WA) is an awesome track. It's a little narrow in places, but it's just a whole lot of fun.

Horn Rapids (Richland, WA) is a great sandy track with a hard base. They do a great job and hold some awesome races out there, especially the P.R.O. series rounds hosted by Devol (those already happened this year). They have a FAST sand track called "Area 51" that you can also ride on the other side of the property behind the main starting gate as you enter the facility. Both tracks are a lot of fun.

There's another track in the same complex with Horn Rapids... I rode it when it was brand new in 2016, it was pretty fun, but more of a stadium track than the fast, rough, tough horn rapids.

OPMC (Port Angeles, WA) One of my favorite tracks to race on. It's a club-owned track, but they have a couple of practice days a year and some awesome racing with the Washington State series and their own Fall Series. This track has a section where you can get just about any bike tapped in 5th gear up the hill, but it's fairly safe too and lots of fun.

Grays Harbor ORV (Mccleary, WA) (I haven't ridden at this track (formerly Straddleline) since RV2 and his buddy took over the lease. They've changed the layout and softened up the soil too, so I can't really say much, except that it used to be a lot of fun, even though it wasn't very demanding on skill level.

Pacific Raceway (Auburn, WA) I haven't ridden Pacific in a couple of years. It's run by Lance Smail, the former pro racer and kind of one of my local heroes growing up around here... Which is why it pains me to say that it isn't even close to the glory days when it was called Seattle International Raceway back in the 1990s. They still have a fun, safe place to ride if you're near Seattle, so I can't bag on that.

MotoWest (Bremerton, WA) This track is close to where I live, so it's nice to pop over there on weekdays and meet-up with my buds to ride practice. I think they've switched from Tuesdays to Thursday practice this year. The track layouts vary from great to just average. The trouble with MotoWest is that they lack a good understanding of the soil and how to prep the track. I have the same soil on portions of my private track here and it's no problem. They repeatedly get it wrong and it seems like they either don't know, or don't have good leadership in that area. I have been off the bike for a year (for college), but I would still go there for sure. It's close and almost always fun despite the less than perfect prep. It's not a destination track like Washougal, but it's great if you're in the area and need to get some laps in.

The Ridge Motorsports (Shelton, WA). I haven't ridden at The Ridge yet, but I plan to get out there to watch a race this summer. When I get back on the bike next year, I'll hit this track for sure. All my buddies say it's a lot of fun, fairly fast and flowing, good soil and prep, even though a lot of rocks come up to the surface during the last motos of the day.

Albany MX (Albany, OR) This one is a long haul for me, but I head down there for the P.R.O. series round most years. The track is so much fun, especially the way Devol preps all the jumps (he often makes everything a little steeper at his races).

Woodland MX (Woodland, WA) This is a winter-only track. They have a pretty good racing series during the winter.

I-90 MX (is near I-90 where it crosses the Columbia). My pals go there... I haven't been yet, since I've been off of the bike for a year.

Airway Heights (Spokane, WA) I have never ridden at this track.
rosebud441 wrote:
There must be a reason no one mentions Hannegan Speedway up here in Bham, it must be the black sheep of Washington tracks.. idk,.,.,Myself i have...
There must be a reason no one mentions Hannegan Speedway up here in Bham, it must be the black sheep of Washington tracks.. idk,.,.,Myself i have a love / hate relationship with that track..

The track has been around for ever and has a long, long running Thursday night series that i've raced on and off since the early 90's...
I too like hannegan but not everybody likes the concrete dirt they got. And them bham boys have a rep of only being hannegan heros. The Baker boys do a great job though!
e-wa
5/2/2018 8:47pm
You wouldn’t be talking about “ossmans” place are you? Right across the river from Hanford Near some orchards? It kinda weaves through some trees and is...
You wouldn’t be talking about “ossmans” place are you? Right across the river from Hanford Near some orchards? It kinda weaves through some trees and is a little narrow but awesome as hell? I grew up riding there with my father and all his friends! Best days of my life right there!
Hey Spud, I think they might be talking Art Keys old track. Jeff hasn't had a MX track for a while.
potatoflake
5/2/2018 10:45pm
e-wa wrote:
Hey Spud, I think they might be talking Art Keys old track. Jeff hasn't had a MX track for a while.
Yeah it’s definitely been quite a while now! I’ll always remember that track and the good times at Jeff’s place.

seemed like I could do endless laps on my 85 haha.
APLMAN99
5/3/2018 4:40pm
rosebud441 wrote:
There must be a reason no one mentions Hannegan Speedway up here in Bham, it must be the black sheep of Washington tracks.. idk,.,.,Myself i have...
There must be a reason no one mentions Hannegan Speedway up here in Bham, it must be the black sheep of Washington tracks.. idk,.,.,Myself i have a love / hate relationship with that track..

The track has been around for ever and has a long, long running Thursday night series that i've raced on and off since the early 90's...
I haven't been to Hannegan for 10+ years, mostly because back then you couldn't practice there unless you had a membership and did their work days and such. It was just too far away to do that, and riding only on race days wasn't worth that long of a drive.

Have they changed their system so that a non-member can practice by paying a little bit more?

The Shop

APLMAN99
5/3/2018 4:48pm
No one has mentioned the Jim Pomeroy Vintage track yet? Is it a fun place for a pre-85 bike?
potatoflake
5/4/2018 7:42am
APLMAN99 wrote:
No one has mentioned the Jim Pomeroy Vintage track yet? Is it a fun place for a pre-85 bike?
It looks awesome! I haven’t made it out for a play day yet but have been following them on Facebook all year and most of last. People that go seem to have a blast
jmurphy243
Fantasy
2073rd
9/3/2023 7:07pm

Hey y’all, 

This is a long shot, but does anyone remember a track in toppenish? Didn’t really have any jumps but had a decent rythem/whoop section? If anyone has the name let me know. 

9/3/2023 7:10pm
rosebud441 wrote:

APLMAN99 wrote:
I haven't been to Hannegan for 10+ years, mostly because back then you couldn't practice there unless you had a membership and did their work days...
I haven't been to Hannegan for 10+ years, mostly because back then you couldn't practice there unless you had a membership and did their work days and such. It was just too far away to do that, and riding only on race days wasn't worth that long of a drive.

Have they changed their system so that a non-member can practice by paying a little bit more?

From what I can tell and heard from locals. Nope 

They usually hit oak harbor for practice 

9/3/2023 7:14pm
jmurphy243 wrote:
Hey y’all,  This is a long shot, but does anyone remember a track in toppenish? Didn’t really have any jumps but had a decent rythem/whoop section...

Hey y’all, 

This is a long shot, but does anyone remember a track in toppenish? Didn’t really have any jumps but had a decent rythem/whoop section? If anyone has the name let me know. 

Was probably the track near Mabton I never made it to that one before it closed early 2000's. I was usually out riding toes. 

DonnN
9/4/2023 6:31am Edited Date/Time 9/4/2023 3:31pm

Looks like Burnt Ridge is back open. I noticed it was said to have been closed down a few years ago when this thread started.

Is that what used to be Trulson MX back in the late ‘90’s/early 2K’s?

cwtoyota
9/4/2023 7:49am
DonnN wrote:
Looks like Burnt Ridge is back open. I noticed it was said to have been closed down a few years ago when this thread started.  Is...

Looks like Burnt Ridge is back open. I noticed it was said to have been closed down a few years ago when this thread started.

Is that what used to be Trulson MX back in the late ‘90’s/early 2K’s?

Yeah, that was Trulson's and they're back open, still as "Burnt Ridge MX".  I think they run next week with a practice day.

The track is almost the same layout as it was about ten years ago.
The big trees are gone, but the track still has the same feel.

Post a reply to: Tracks in the Northwest

The Latest