Track toolbox ?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/3/2021 6:35 AM

What do you guys use that’s portable?
Everything I buy never holds up.

|

6/3/2021 7:10 AM

Unless I know that I'll be doing some testing or parts swapping, I just bring a fanny pack.

Photo

|

6/3/2021 7:20 AM

For decades I have a red plastic toolbox with top tray, about 11” by 24” by maybe 10” tall, big enough for everything I need on race day including wrenches, socket set, screw drivers, Allen wrenches, spoke wrench, tire gauge, hammer, mud scrapers, pliers, etc. can do almost everything at the track. Lately I have downsized to a tool bag from Harbor Freight with less specialty stuff, and it also works great.

|

6/3/2021 7:22 AM

Started rocking one of these a couple years back, I dig it. Photo

|

RPM Performance
CT

6/3/2021 9:54 AM

Dewalt toolbox. Kinda heavy duty, perfect for taking through the track in my opinion. Cheap at home depot, Photohad it for 5 years
Photo

|

6/3/2021 11:02 AM

|

6/3/2021 11:52 AM

What about something that also holds, chain lube, wd40, brake fluid, cleaner, etc. etc. ??

Anybody got one box to do it all?

|

6/3/2021 11:57 AM

Photo
|

6/3/2021 12:03 PM

neverwas wrote: Photo

Had one of those forever.

|

6/3/2021 1:30 PM

BogDogPenny wrote:

this ^^^. I have had mine for 20 years. It's a heavy son of a gun though. I bet mine weighs 50 lbs. Its a good warm up dragging it back and forth from my garage to the trailer.

|

6/3/2021 1:45 PM

BogDogPenny wrote:

MXer391 wrote:

this ^^^. I have had mine for 20 years. It's a heavy son of a gun though. I bet mine weighs 50 lbs. Its a good warm up ...more

This is basically what I use, and it is loaded up heavy. I got mine strapped to a 2 wheeled dolly cause I got tired of lugging it back and forth every time. Now I can wheel it into garage or trailer, and even down to a neighboring pit at the track if needed. I havnt been able to find a rolling box with wheels big enough for offroad and stones that still has drawers, so I just made my own. I hate an "open box" design cause its just too disorganized.

|

6/3/2021 1:47 PM

xtra sprocket bolts are a must! With black locktite.

|

6/3/2021 2:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/3/2021 2:26 PM

3 drawer is always stocked with dirtbike specific tools, then I throw anything else I want to bring (hammer, pry bar, breaker bar, chemicals) in this 28in toolbox. Extra width is good for odd shaped items, can step or sit on this toolbox.
Photo

|

6/3/2021 3:34 PM

LungButter wrote:

What about something that also holds, chain lube, wd40, brake fluid, cleaner, etc. etc. ??

If you’ve got a welder and one of those little 3 drawers, they do make spray can racks you can tack on there. That said I just throw all my fluids in a milk crate

|

RPM Performance
CT

6/3/2021 3:51 PM

Pink wrote:

xtra sprocket bolts are a must! With black locktite.

Are we allowed to say “black” loctite anymore?

|

6/3/2021 4:25 PM

murph783 wrote:

If you’ve got a welder and one of those little 3 drawers, they do make spray can racks you can tack on there. That said I just ...more

Yes sir...I got a Craftsman like the one above, first one made it about 20 years... this one will probably get me until I'm below dirt I suppose....had a trusty milk crate for oil for about 20 years too.

Always had my eye out for a one box solution but never found something that tempted me enough to ditch my ol' faithfuls.

|

6/3/2021 4:29 PM

|

6/3/2021 4:57 PM

You guys should check out the Milwaukee Packout systems. The options are endless! They have different boxes, organizers, foam cutout sheets, coolers, even radios. Waterproof and lockable. The boxes/containers latch together nicely. I use one everyday for commercial HVAC work. In and out of the van multiple times a day. Very durable.

Photo

|

6/3/2021 5:04 PM

LungButter wrote:

murph783 wrote:

If you’ve got a welder and one of those little 3 drawers, they do make spray can racks you can tack on there. That said I just ...more

yea i just bring a basic tool set and a milk crate with fluids levrs and filters

|

6/3/2021 5:11 PM

BogDogPenny wrote:

MXer391 wrote:

this ^^^. I have had mine for 20 years. It's a heavy son of a gun though. I bet mine weighs 50 lbs. Its a good warm up ...more

This; have had ours for decades.

For moto specific with a modern twist, the Boxo and Sonic pre-assembled boxes are quite trick (albeit pricey)...

https://sonictoolsusa.com/troy-lee-designs-filled-moto-toolbox/

|

6/4/2021 7:32 AM

ktm300xcw2018 wrote:

You guys should check out the Milwaukee Packout systems. The options are endless! They have different boxes, organizers, foam ...more

Was just going to comment this. I got one for Xmas this year and use it for moto. It's waterproof so I can leave it in the back of the truck on the way to the track and not have to worry about rusty tools. I wish they had a sealed 3 drawer box, but I've been happy with the box so far!

|

6/4/2021 7:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/4/2021 7:47 AM

I ride/race MX only, so I bought a Halfords cantilever toolbox for £30 and just put in everything I think I may need. Every now & then I think of something else I don't have which may come in handy - i.e. steel wire for securing grips. For oils and bigger items/spares I keep them in my shelf in the van. Don't like to take anything unnecessary but you do need a fair amount if you never want to get caught out. Sprocket bolts, track pack and Loctite are a must!

|