It's not rough enough...wahhhh!

http://racerxonline.com/2012/09/07/racer-x-films-elsinore-press-day
|
JW381
9/7/2012 6:10pm
I like it too, let em bitch.
T-MAC
9/7/2012 6:18pm
That looks sick. Looks so fun to ride even if you couldn't get over the massive ones.
machine
9/7/2012 6:20pm
Should make for excellent TV viewing.

The Shop

watson
9/7/2012 6:31pm
I like the layout, and the lap times are supposedly in the 2:40 range. Here's to hoping it's not half as dusty as Pala got occasionally.
ADynes
9/7/2012 6:40pm
So what exactly is "press day"? Do all the pro's get to ride the track, or just the top guys?
9/7/2012 6:45pm
ADynes wrote:
So what exactly is "press day"? Do all the pro's get to ride the track, or just the top guys?
Usually a handful riders get picked, and they don't ride the entire track. Looks like for this press day, since it was the first time ever on the track, they gave them the entire track....
friday10
9/7/2012 6:53pm
Not Impressed, and yes I am old school!
MR. X
9/7/2012 6:57pm
Looks fast ! MA 800 for the overall tomorrow.
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
9/7/2012 7:01pm
The vid section starting at 4:10 is very cool.
prozach
9/7/2012 7:28pm
Looks awesome and different! Variety is great for the series.

I don't get the whole, its not old school argument? What track from the last 10-15 years is? Not Glen Helen. Yeah it had hills, but it was one giant man made jump after another the last few years. Hangtown? Not even close. Everything on that track is man made. I always find it funny that some of the same people who complained about Pala and now Elsinore fail to realize that pretty much every modern mx track is almost entirely man made.
RonSkj
Fantasy
129th
9/7/2012 7:37pm
Is there a single spot of shade there ??
machine
9/7/2012 7:58pm
RonSkj wrote:
Is there a single spot of shade there ??
trees don't grow in the middle of lakes....Grinning
TeamGreen
9/7/2012 8:29pm
MX Sports let the Am's (Sunday's racers) out on the track all day, today. During that time they got a feel for how the track would burn in and how to maintain it. Also, they practiced trying to accomplish all of this (Between Moto-Maint) in 10 minutes...which is how it is on Race-day in a worst case scenario.

During my quick "What's up" briefing, today, I also got a bit of info on the Mulch situation on the Truck Course part of the track...they got the tractors out there and got "into" the track and it seems to be stayin' put.

The Grandstands, ease of access to Vendors, abundant and CLOSE TO THE TRACK parking are ALL going to be Bench Marks for the Entire 2013 series.

PERIOD.

You Red Bull fans are in for a treat and need to "find a Red Bull hook-up"...I'm jus' knowin' !

Some of us Old-Schoolers had a Pow-Wow over some beverages and discussed the Track situation in the greater Southland and looked at "Where we're at and where we'd like to be".

Fact: Pala had the Super-Awesome soil.
Fact: The Glen has History and those Damn "Mountains"...we all seem to like "Ol'School Vertical".
Fact: Elsinore looks like it may be the best Track for the "Common Fan" and the "Regular Guy Spectator"...the place and the way it's set-up is VERY spectator friendly.

Caveats:

I can already hear the bitching about the long haul to the pro-pits (Yawn).
I've already heard from those that ARE NOT gonna be happy with anything other than Glen Helen.
Some people are gonna bitch no matter what.

But, here's the thing...

Lake Elsinore was a Dirt-Hole that was only a "Track" due to being so close to so many rider's homes. I remember going there w/ Dostal and thinking..."WTF? Hello? Can't you guys get a REAL track like Kawi's just up the road?"

Then there's what you have here, today.
Which is the way I want it.
Well, I got it..
And, I think it's damn nice.

See you tomorrow...under the Racer X awning in the stands!

Brrrrraaaaaaaap! (KX500 type "Braaap")
Braaap14
9/7/2012 8:47pm
Itd be rad if they didnt host the race in such a shithole. So many states with legit locations to build a real track off of the land.

I party at redbud every year,

Not all the cheap beer in the world could get me to enjoy hanging out in a dirt bowl all day.
dennis90
9/7/2012 8:56pm
sky divers are going to be pissed with the traffic!!
TeamGreen
9/7/2012 8:58pm
Braaap14 wrote:
Itd be rad if they didnt host the race in such a shithole. So many states with legit locations to build a real track off of...
Itd be rad if they didnt host the race in such a shithole. So many states with legit locations to build a real track off of the land.

I party at redbud every year,

Not all the cheap beer in the world could get me to enjoy hanging out in a dirt bowl all day.
So, I guess you haven't been there since the new ownership and you haven't seen the track for tomorrow?

Cool.

So, you're clueless.
tvo314
9/8/2012 2:21am
I think it looks pretty awesome with some cool obstacles. But honestly, I could watch the top racers go around orange cones in a dirt parking lot.
FIREfish148
9/8/2012 2:54am
Cant wait to watch tomorrow. Nothing like watching a national at a new venue.

Christian Craig looks real comfortable. That kid is a blast to watch ride.
tns
9/8/2012 3:33am
looks better than some tracks the gp's have used (turkey and ireland for instance) i am old school and like natural terain but as the old saying goes you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear.
It was always going to be hard to make a good track on a flat area without some decent soil or sand but it looks like they have done the best they could and we will see how it races.
SwapperMX
9/8/2012 6:20am
Track looks sick. Gonna make for some good racing. Will definitely rut up and get rough. That rhythm section they were jumping through could get interesting. Cant wait.
pitbike502
9/8/2012 7:34am
It does smell here.. i don't remember who said it, but when i got up this am, it wasn't very friendly to the nose. Track looks awesome though. Its really long, didn't even bother walking all the way around yet
426Hemi
Fantasy
2757th
9/8/2012 7:44am
The facility looks world class and the track looks good.
PressPassP
9/8/2012 8:15am
After watching those clips I'm even less impressed,Ihope they leave enough of the secions and it develops into a bit f a challenge and we see some good racing

Spectator freindy will hopefully please those that show up,I just hope it comes across ok on TV,not for me though when Glen Helen is there,but then again as I've been there a few times I'm gonna be biased Smile
downandup
9/8/2012 9:08am Edited Date/Time 9/8/2012 9:09am
TeamGreen wrote:
MX Sports let the Am's (Sunday's racers) out on the track all day, today. During that time they got a feel for how the track would...
MX Sports let the Am's (Sunday's racers) out on the track all day, today. During that time they got a feel for how the track would burn in and how to maintain it. Also, they practiced trying to accomplish all of this (Between Moto-Maint) in 10 minutes...which is how it is on Race-day in a worst case scenario.

During my quick "What's up" briefing, today, I also got a bit of info on the Mulch situation on the Truck Course part of the track...they got the tractors out there and got "into" the track and it seems to be stayin' put.

The Grandstands, ease of access to Vendors, abundant and CLOSE TO THE TRACK parking are ALL going to be Bench Marks for the Entire 2013 series.

PERIOD.

You Red Bull fans are in for a treat and need to "find a Red Bull hook-up"...I'm jus' knowin' !

Some of us Old-Schoolers had a Pow-Wow over some beverages and discussed the Track situation in the greater Southland and looked at "Where we're at and where we'd like to be".

Fact: Pala had the Super-Awesome soil.
Fact: The Glen has History and those Damn "Mountains"...we all seem to like "Ol'School Vertical".
Fact: Elsinore looks like it may be the best Track for the "Common Fan" and the "Regular Guy Spectator"...the place and the way it's set-up is VERY spectator friendly.

Caveats:

I can already hear the bitching about the long haul to the pro-pits (Yawn).
I've already heard from those that ARE NOT gonna be happy with anything other than Glen Helen.
Some people are gonna bitch no matter what.

But, here's the thing...

Lake Elsinore was a Dirt-Hole that was only a "Track" due to being so close to so many rider's homes. I remember going there w/ Dostal and thinking..."WTF? Hello? Can't you guys get a REAL track like Kawi's just up the road?"

Then there's what you have here, today.
Which is the way I want it.
Well, I got it..
And, I think it's damn nice.

See you tomorrow...under the Racer X awning in the stands!

Brrrrraaaaaaaap! (KX500 type "Braaap")
Do you work for Davey?? Wow, either that or you are his girlfriend!Silly

I was there yesterday and I came away with SOME of the same things you did, but I wouldn't put it in same way.

Just hoping that the pulch won't get pushed into one-lined ruts, that the riders will use the whole WIDE track, that it won't top out at 100 degrees today, that the flies won't swarm, the traffic won't snarl, and we have some GREAT racing! Woohoo
adamdf
9/8/2012 10:00am
Track looks great, would love to be able to ride there, I think the racing will be good. Track looks like it has some good flow to it.
muGz.147
Fantasy
1789th
9/8/2012 10:04am
I WANNA RIDE IT!!! The GoPro footy they've put up along with the Media Day videos...the place looks super fun. It's something fresh and new...it's exciting. Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one and a lot of them stink.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
9/8/2012 10:10am
tvo314 wrote:
I think it looks pretty awesome with some cool obstacles. But honestly, I could watch the top racers go around orange cones in a dirt parking...
I think it looks pretty awesome with some cool obstacles. But honestly, I could watch the top racers go around orange cones in a dirt parking lot.
I like this guy. Haha. You are right on

Post a reply to: Track looks good

The Latest