Track fees being raised in the Southern California region

Mr. Info
7/20/2016 11:20am
Glen Helen will not be raising prices anytime soon. That's what the Manager said this morning. I don't think the other tracks are happy about that.
Xcel
7/20/2016 11:56am
mxtech1 wrote:
hmmmm..... As far as I am aware, all of these tracks are held and operated independently of each other. Now you have independent, competing suppliers, selling...
hmmmm.....

As far as I am aware, all of these tracks are held and operated independently of each other.

Now you have independent, competing suppliers, selling the same product in market that is of low variety working collectively to set higher product pricing?

This is THE definition of price fixing.

There are certain antitrust laws that protect consumers from these scenarios.

EDIT: If "The Milestone Group" holds all of these tracks through its firm, the above is null and this situation is simply a product price increase.
That's what I was implying earlier. I sent the owner of one one of the tracks a friendly heads up because I would hate to see all those tracks get nailed by the FTC or a lawyer looking to shake someone down. The dude went ape shit and banned me from posting or messaging on their Facebook page.
c0ncEpT
7/20/2016 12:02pm
MxKing809 wrote:
It's 25 here in BFE michigan...... and real estate is 25% of the Socal values.
dboivin wrote:
but they see 3x the volume. baja acres when it first ran practice days in 90's was $10 a bike. $5 or $10 a person to...
but they see 3x the volume.

baja acres when it first ran practice days in 90's was $10 a bike. $5 or $10 a person to enter grounds. something of that sorte. I believe now its $25-30 to ride most tracks around here now for the day. gets you like 4-5 20 minute sessions.
$5 gate fee and $25 to ride at Baja. Most tracks in Michigan are $30 total after gate fee and wrist band.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
7/20/2016 12:03pm
Xcel wrote:
That's what I was implying earlier. I sent the owner of one one of the tracks a friendly heads up because I would hate to see...
That's what I was implying earlier. I sent the owner of one one of the tracks a friendly heads up because I would hate to see all those tracks get nailed by the FTC or a lawyer looking to shake someone down. The dude went ape shit and banned me from posting or messaging on their Facebook page.
As they should've. That's just ridiculous, IMO. For those who don't think it's time for a $5.00 increase in practice fees, should take up a lower cost hobby.... C'mon guys we are talking about $5.00 here, get real !! Did you all bitch and complain about the cost of your $1000 exhaust or your $200 sticker kit ? How about the cost of your tires....

The Shop

Xcel
7/20/2016 12:06pm Edited Date/Time 7/20/2016 1:29pm
I have no problem at all with the increase and told him so, nothing wrong with raising your own price and I'm sure it is completely justified with all of the rising costs. However, you cannot collude with your competitors to fix prices, that is illegal. They can all get in trouble and I really do not want to see that happen. Not a good idea to post evidence of illegality on your own website but as Mxtech1 said, if the Milestone Group controls all of the tracks involved then none of this would apply.

No good deed goes unpunished I guess.
7/20/2016 1:30pm
Kx125rider wrote:
$40 a day to ride in nj
EEE299 wrote:
Plus a $60 yearly membership or $20 day membership at Millville. I don't remember what Etown charged. I'd just be happy to have 10 tracks within...
Plus a $60 yearly membership or $20 day membership at Millville. I don't remember what Etown charged.

I'd just be happy to have 10 tracks within driving distance lol
Just got back from Etown today: it's $40 and has been for at least the last few years.

I wish it was cheaper but I am thankful for flaggers, water, dozers that cleaned off a dangerous kicker on the elevator, and the ambulance, though I hope not to need them.
ob
7/20/2016 2:12pm
Seems like the cost of everything keeps climbing, except my pay.
Mr. Info
7/20/2016 2:33pm
Guy said soon we have to pay per word to post or reply.
7/20/2016 2:47pm
ob wrote:
Seems like the cost of everything keeps climbing, except my pay.
Me too: that's why my wallet lost its voice.
mx836
7/20/2016 2:58pm
Look at it like a round of golf and go look at what it costs to go play that game Smile
Golf courses (country clubs) spend way more than your local motorcross track and are actually professional businesses. What do you think the price of building a motocross track is compared to a golf course?
Starcrossed
7/20/2016 3:25pm Edited Date/Time 7/20/2016 3:34pm
Has anybody been to a concert lately? Check out the prices for Guns n Roses tickets, if you haven't had a good shock in a while.

I'll give a clue...it's north of $300 for stadium floor seats. This is NOT a reseller price either.
TeamRags
7/20/2016 3:35pm
If I remember correctly, between $3 -$5.

downard254
7/20/2016 4:06pm
What is the current cost for a race day and how much time do you get "on track" vs spending $35-40 for hours of riding in a practice day. Just curious as I've been out of the racing/track riding for over 15 years. (but I'm going to a couple different tracks in the next two weeks).
ob
7/20/2016 4:17pm
ob wrote:
I wish all these Southern California tracks would come together on the fast pass set up. Especially Pala.
ML512 wrote:
The price would probably have to go up for access to all these tracks, as the current $80 a month wouldn't be enough to spread between...
The price would probably have to go up for access to all these tracks, as the current $80 a month wouldn't be enough to spread between that many tracks.
Well now that Barona is not in the group did the price go down? I don't think so. To bad Pala would not take Baronas place. I know that would be to good to be true.
Lasse
Fantasy
2966th
7/20/2016 5:23pm
Now I feel lucky that I pay 130 USD and can ride for free the rest of the year twice a week :D
mingham97
7/20/2016 5:27pm Edited Date/Time 7/20/2016 5:34pm
I will explain the process in WA (western australia) for getting to ride.

If you want to race most weekends and practise:
$300 for a National license (annual)
$300 for a track memebership (annual)
$20 practise fee per practise
$40 race entry per race

If you want to race occasionally (2-4 times a year) and practise:
$105 for rec license (annual)
$300 for a track membership (annual)
$20 practise fee per ride
$50 license fee per race
$40 race day entry per race

Terms and conditons: To practise, you must be accompanied by a NON-RIDING level 1 official. Anyone can get their officials but it is about $300 to do it and you have to have your first aid certificate and a spare weekend to do the coarse. The official can supervise upto 10 riders. To race, you must bring a flaggie.

We do have practise only tracks that do not hold race days and any other responsibility and they are $50 a ride. How ever if you want to race at all, you must take one of the two options above...

Americans have it good.
KBOLTZ
7/20/2016 5:53pm
TeamRags wrote:
If I remember correctly, between $3 -$5. [URL=http://s19.photobucket.com/user/stp4me/media/Calud%20Osteens_zpsjoefii0f.jpg.html][IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b156/stp4me/Calud%20Osteens_zpsjoefii0f.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
If I remember correctly, between $3 -$5.

That's awesome. Mufflers not required!
Rdubs19
7/20/2016 7:03pm
10 bucks to ride all day at Burnthill in Arkansas back in the day, but it's dead and gone. You can still ride for 10 bucks at Legends Raceway but it doesn't really have jumps or a lot of berms the last time I rode there. Where I live now you have HWY 89 raceway and Tony Wynn MX both within a 30 minute drive and both are absolutely awesome tracks. Hwy 89 is open 6 days/week, ride all you want for 15 bucks plus a few miles of trails. They dont race out there anymore as far as I know, but I wish they would. I can't ever figure out if Tony Wynn MX is open, but I know the have a Loretta's qualifier every year but I don't know about any other practice times or races. Track looks awesome though I'd really appreciate anyone with some info chiming in.
7/20/2016 7:36pm
$30 is a steal!! Ask Road racers what they pay for a day on the track.... If the track is prepped and good I happily hand over my $30. Don't like it?Go build and run a track, you'll change your tune quick....
7/20/2016 7:37pm
mingham97 wrote:
I will explain the process in WA (western australia) for getting to ride. If you want to race most weekends and practise: $300 for a National...
I will explain the process in WA (western australia) for getting to ride.

If you want to race most weekends and practise:
$300 for a National license (annual)
$300 for a track memebership (annual)
$20 practise fee per practise
$40 race entry per race

If you want to race occasionally (2-4 times a year) and practise:
$105 for rec license (annual)
$300 for a track membership (annual)
$20 practise fee per ride
$50 license fee per race
$40 race day entry per race

Terms and conditons: To practise, you must be accompanied by a NON-RIDING level 1 official. Anyone can get their officials but it is about $300 to do it and you have to have your first aid certificate and a spare weekend to do the coarse. The official can supervise upto 10 riders. To race, you must bring a flaggie.

We do have practise only tracks that do not hold race days and any other responsibility and they are $50 a ride. How ever if you want to race at all, you must take one of the two options above...

Americans have it good.
You guys get screwed over for just about everything price wise down there...
731chopper
Fantasy
355th
7/20/2016 9:26pm
Here in Texas most all places were $10 for practice in the late 90s and early 2000s. I remember when Mosier Valley went to $15 a few years into the new century and my dad just about had a heart attack at the gate when the lady handed us the clipboard and said "That will be thirty dollars." Grinning You would've thought he'd just received a Jelly of the Month Club Christmas bonus.
adiaz791
7/20/2016 11:26pm
It's only $5....bring food from home and avoid going out to lunch once a week. Problem solved.Smile
FWYT
7/20/2016 11:30pm
KBOLTZ wrote:
$5 at my local track. Granted it's nothing close to national calliber but five dollars to practice corners and basically have a track to yourself is...
$5 at my local track. Granted it's nothing close to national calliber but five dollars to practice corners and basically have a track to yourself is awesome to me. There are hoses you can use and keep a section or two nice to practice on. I'm not upset about bigger tracks like Glen Helen charging $25... They do a lot to keep the tracks maintained and they essentially race every weekend.
Where is this track?
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
7/20/2016 11:31pm
adiaz791 wrote:
It's only $5....bring food from home and avoid going out to lunch once a week. Problem solved.Smile
Agreed
Paw Paw 271
7/21/2016 6:18am
Look, I am old and do remember the "good old days", but....
I am not sure I would be complaining about having so many places to ride. In my area, it is hard to find a track to ride.
I would pay those new fees for a good place to ride daily.
I too can remember when it was only $5 to ride, but the tracks were not prepped in my area and I had to drive at least 2 hours each way to just get to ride at all. I have seen these fees escalate to also include a single day membership requirement or even a yearly membership just to have a place to ride. At the same time the number of tracks has declined greatly.
I would thank my lucky starts that I had so many choices to ride and not worry about the fees.

Paw Paw
KBOLTZ
7/21/2016 3:09pm
KBOLTZ wrote:
$5 at my local track. Granted it's nothing close to national calliber but five dollars to practice corners and basically have a track to yourself is...
$5 at my local track. Granted it's nothing close to national calliber but five dollars to practice corners and basically have a track to yourself is awesome to me. There are hoses you can use and keep a section or two nice to practice on. I'm not upset about bigger tracks like Glen Helen charging $25... They do a lot to keep the tracks maintained and they essentially race every weekend.
FWYT wrote:
Where is this track?
Gorman also known as Quail Canyon. Used to be really bad but they are doing a much better job as of late.
OCgoon1533
5/31/2022 12:17pm
Sorry to bump an old thread but, people are losing their minds over Perris raising their gate fees $10
walent215
5/31/2022 12:32pm
OCgoon1533 wrote:
Sorry to bump an old thread but, people are losing their minds over Perris raising their gate fees $10
Lol
These tracks would not be out of line bumping fees up to $50
Why they don’t blows my mind
Inflation is unreal and to think they are able to make a profit at $30 seems ludicrous to me
I’m not swimming in $ by any means but if I was still racing I would be happy to know the tracks that offer their services to us would be making a good living and not struggling !

Post a reply to: Track fees being raised in the Southern California region

The Latest