Track burgers

FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
Edited Date/Time 9/27/2018 8:08am
I used to love to finish my motos and grab a few track burgers for the ride home. Dade City had the best. I was a skinny kid but I would hammer those Dade city burgers down after races. I know a lot of you raced there too. Whose mom, dad, sister, brother worked there even decades ago and can tell me where to get some? I was loving those things? I heard they are soybean which surprised me but apparently I need to lower my cholesterol I am told and I am a big meat eater. When the doctor told me, they were the first thing I thought of as an alternative. Even if they are not healthy I want some. I was diagnosed with celiac a decade or so ago so I can't just hit up a driverthru because of this stupid food allergy. I have tried a few veggie burgers that I didn't enjoy too much. Thanks.
|
bsharkey
9/8/2018 3:28pm
Washougal got some new people in there cooking now. The food is pretty dang good the guy knows how to cook sauteed onions anything you can think of.
Spudnut
9/8/2018 3:34pm
The Biscuits and gravy at washougal can and will cure your hangover ?
dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
9/8/2018 3:43pm
The AMBUCS at Ponca really know how to do up some grilled wings..... burgers are real as well. None of this soy shit. Good eats.....

The Shop

ktmdan
9/8/2018 3:56pm
I have tried tons of veggie burgers to try and find the best one and the veggie burger at Twin Peaks is hands down the best one. Their asparagus is pretty damn good too as a side alternative to fries.
I'm not sure what you're asking though.. you have celiacs so you can't eat a bun right??
mister2dt
9/8/2018 4:06pm
Most restaurants use morning star veggie burgers on their menu. Taste damn near like a real burger
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
9/8/2018 4:26pm
ktmdan wrote:
I have tried tons of veggie burgers to try and find the best one and the veggie burger at Twin Peaks is hands down the best...
I have tried tons of veggie burgers to try and find the best one and the veggie burger at Twin Peaks is hands down the best one. Their asparagus is pretty damn good too as a side alternative to fries.
I'm not sure what you're asking though.. you have celiacs so you can't eat a bun right??
Yes I cant have the bun but I use Canyon bake house bread which is excellent. I was just looking for an on the go quick frozen burger like the ones at the track. Thanks for the replys.
TommyLee93
9/8/2018 4:31pm
dadofagun wrote:
The AMBUCS at Ponca really know how to do up some grilled wings..... burgers are real as well. None of this soy shit. Good eats.....
Truth!
TXDirt
9/8/2018 4:38pm
Back in the day the food folks at the Winter Olympics in Florida cooked up one of the best cheese steaks I’ve ever eaten. Truly amazing. Still searching for something as good as that was.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
9/8/2018 4:42pm Edited Date/Time 9/8/2018 4:50pm
Dade city sand would beat you up and build up one heck of an appetite. Probably half the reason it was RCs favorite.
Even though it's more rough than jumpy some of the craziest things I have seen James and RC do happened there and even on 80s too bigtime.
Good times.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
9/8/2018 5:00pm
TXDirt wrote:
Back in the day the food folks at the Winter Olympics in Florida cooked up one of the best cheese steaks I’ve ever eaten. Truly amazing...
Back in the day the food folks at the Winter Olympics in Florida cooked up one of the best cheese steaks I’ve ever eaten. Truly amazing. Still searching for something as good as that was.
There was a bbq truck there early 2000 I couldn't get enough of and we built up a relationship during the week. Good people. On the last day they ended up giving us a whole pork tenderloin and corn and the rest of the beans and slaw and we sat in the RV and just chowed while the pits emptied out. I remember the cheese steaks were amazing. I think it was around the final years of the GP races.
Sully
9/8/2018 5:08pm
Back in the 80s, the snack bar at Barona Oaks did their version of a McDonald's sausage, egg and cheese biscuit they called the McMoto. Talk about a great way to start off the day. Pounded down quite a few of those things with Jimmie Johnson.*

*Shameless name drop.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
9/8/2018 5:09pm
dadofagun wrote:
TommyLee93 wrote:
Truth!
So true except these burgers were great and we ate them in victory and more so defeat. Ha.
I been on a burger kick lately and do them like this sometimes, awesome way to do lunch at friends tracks.

Sully
9/8/2018 5:12pm Edited Date/Time 9/8/2018 5:13pm
FLmxer wrote:
So true except these burgers were great and we ate them in victory and more so defeat. Ha. I been on a burger kick lately and...
So true except these burgers were great and we ate them in victory and more so defeat. Ha.
I been on a burger kick lately and do them like this sometimes, awesome way to do lunch at friends tracks.

Is that Mozzarella inside those burgers? They look amazing.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
9/8/2018 5:30pm
FLmxer wrote:
So true except these burgers were great and we ate them in victory and more so defeat. Ha. I been on a burger kick lately and...

Sully wrote:
Is that Mozzarella inside those burgers? They look amazing.
Yes thanks. Any cheasy concoction works great. And those are onion wrapped in bacon on top too.
MX45
9/8/2018 5:39pm
Came here to say Dade City burgers.

There was a food truck at Reddick that sold Kawasaki Kick Ass Wings that were so good. My dad talked them into giving him their sauce recipe. I need to ask him about that...

Bubba burgers were always on hand.

Our go-to saturday night dinner was baby back ribs and perogies on the grill. Gary Bailey said they were the best ribs he's ever had so that's my dad's claim to fame.
Tim507
9/8/2018 6:12pm
Albany Motocross (Oregon)
.....Best Burgers in my opinion for the last 30 years. I rarely eat hamburgers. When I go to Albany it's must have.
reded
9/8/2018 6:27pm
I think there must be some commercial food vending company that deals these burgers cause our local tracks have always had some BANGING burgers! Or maybe it's just that I'm SOO fucking hungry that a grilled slab of cat meat on a bun would taste amazing?
jeffro503
9/8/2018 6:27pm
A few weeks ago I picked up 45lbs of burger from the best damn rancher I know. It's kind of hit and miss with ever being able to get some from him. But gawd dang......the meat , the taste , everything is so far superior compared to what you get in the store. I've made some sloppy Joe's and some taco's , burrito's and some pasta dishes....MMmmMM good! But the burger's is where this burger really shines. I made a colossal 3/4lb + burger just last week.

Mixed in a bit of mesquite flavoring , fried a few pieces of bacon , fried egg , pepper jack cheese , lettuce , couple thin slices of avocado , couple drops of A1 on a big ass over sized bun......was in heaven! Nothing on planet earth can beat a great burger!

jeffro503
9/8/2018 6:29pm
Tim507 wrote:
.....Best Burgers in my opinion for the last 30 years. I rarely eat hamburgers. When I go to Albany it's must have.
Albany's and Washougal's are great Tim. I " almost " slightly prefer Woodland's though. They make some really good ones.
bsharkey
9/8/2018 6:35pm
Tim507 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Albany's and Washougal's are great Tim. I " almost " slightly prefer Woodland's though. They make some really good ones.
Albany is pretty good I forgot about that place that new cook they got at Washougal this year though that guy must have come from some serious restaurant background cuz he makes some good stuff you hardly ever see anywhere else but it ain't cheap
dsmith
Fantasy
1485th
9/8/2018 6:58pm
bubba burgers
kdawson252
9/8/2018 8:55pm
bsharkey wrote:
Washougal got some new people in there cooking now. The food is pretty dang good the guy knows how to cook sauteed onions anything you can...
Washougal got some new people in there cooking now. The food is pretty dang good the guy knows how to cook sauteed onions anything you can think of.
K&M Burger Runs the Washougal snack shack now. They have an actual restaurant in Camas. They are awesome at the track and even better at the actual restaurant. I eat there all the time.
dadofagun
Fantasy
1962nd
9/8/2018 11:50pm
dadofagun wrote:
TommyLee93 wrote:
Truth!
FLmxer wrote:

That’s the way to do it! Great burgers, sweet corn, all cooked via charcoal trackside. Add some sudds and you have the perfect meal ?. Nice work Sir!
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
9/9/2018 9:51am
Sully wrote:
Back in the 80s, the snack bar at Barona Oaks did their version of a McDonald's sausage, egg and cheese biscuit they called the McMoto. Talk...
Back in the 80s, the snack bar at Barona Oaks did their version of a McDonald's sausage, egg and cheese biscuit they called the McMoto. Talk about a great way to start off the day. Pounded down quite a few of those things with Jimmie Johnson.*

*Shameless name drop.
Those were tasty.

The best track burger I've ever had was at Thunder Valley, first time I'd ever had a Bison burger and it was great.

Post a reply to: Track burgers

The Latest